Forum » FFXI » General » Dynamis Currency
Dynamis Currency
 Phoenix.Blonde
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Blonde
By Phoenix.Blonde 2011-03-10 22:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

With the new update coming and the changes to Dynamis, I thought that the price for currency would drop. I have been checking bazars and find that players are actually asking for more. I've seen Jade pieces going for 1.7 million.
Where do you think the prices are/should be going?
If you were buying currency before, how much are you willing to pay now?
What if they make it more like Walk of Echoes and anyone can lot on drops? You might regret not buying now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vincento
Server: Leviathan
user: Vincento
By Leviathan.Vincento 2011-03-10 22:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It has already been clarified on the SE forums that the zone would be more like Abyssea, in that drops are party specific.
 Phoenix.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-10 22:39:46
Link | Quote | Reply

No, that's because half of those bazaars are JP. And they're *** HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE ones, at that. Most JP always overpriced dynamis currency cause they think NA are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE enough to buy at those prices.
 Sylph.Nadalie
Server: Sylph
user: Hiroyuki
By Sylph.Nadalie 2011-03-10 22:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I have seen people only buying bills, maybe they are waiting for whiteshells and bronzepieces price to drop.
 Caitsith.Xiong
Server: Caitsith
user: Xiong
By Caitsith.Xiong 2011-03-10 22:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

well, they must be selling. So someones a retard out there, whether its NA or JP idk. Prices will more than likely stay the same.

Honestly if anything the prices may jump up. I say because...

1. As it stands there aren't very many people that do dynamis anymore. Dynamis can already be 6 manned and that hasn't even drawn out more people into it.

2. Quoted from SE: "Along with the reduction of the entry time restriction, the amount of Ancient Currency earned per session will be lowered. Overall, this change should increase the Ancient Currency distributed across the World."

Should increase the currency across the world? I think it would lower it. Most people already hate doing dynamis 2 days a week, if you're still only doing 2 days a week w/ lower coin per session. That's actually less coin to go around.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-10 22:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe they realize the changes are far from finalized and that after they test it out SE will end up implimenting something that will actually lower the amount of currency.

Indeed they didn't even say it was for the upcoming update (and it probably wont). Don't count your currency till it's in the update notes
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-10 22:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Think their idea is: Allowing us to enter everyday now, so overall there'll be more currency to go around because of the increased enter time of dynamis; which is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE but then again it's SE>.>
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-10 22:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Think their idea is: Allowing us to enter everyday now, so overall there'll be more currency to go around because of the increased enter time of dynamis; which is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE but then again it's SE>.>
Well considering how fast you can make empyreans and how few relics are even worthwhile now (and that's after you make them and trial them to 90 and even then the 85 empyreans will almost always be better) lowering the time to make them just makes sense. Same with af2 to af3
 Phoenix.Uzugami
By Phoenix.Uzugami 2011-03-10 22:56:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Well considering how fast you can make empyreans and how few relics are even worthwhile now (and that's after you make them and trial them to 90 and even then the 85 empyreans will almost always be better) lowering the time to make them just makes sense. Same with af2 to af3

Did they reduce the amount of currency you need for relics?
 Asura.Jaybezz
Server: Asura
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-03-10 22:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

wounder how DL will work etc...
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-10 22:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Uzugami said:
Did they reduce the amount of currency you need for relics?
No. Though that would be nice.

But that would lower the play time required to make them. This way they can make it faster to make but require as much ig time. Which seems to be there goal over the last year or so.

Add very little real content but give you garaunteed rewards that are easy to get... but time consuming (and often job specific so you gotta do it for your other jobs too) but take away any time requirement to do it allowing you to spam giving the illusion of it being faster
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-03-10 23:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason some prices have one up may be because several people probably hope they'll be able to complete relic weapons in a relatively limited time due to the increased frequency at which they'll be able to enter Dynamis etc..

Anyone with some Currency hanging around is probably more inclined to save it and "see how it turns out" or just try to make the most of it while the interest in them grows stronger by pushing the price up a bit.

I woldn't be surprised if prices grew further up once Dynamis becomes daily, as there will be far less people intersted in selling them for money (which has very little things left to be spent on atm anyways) and there will be more bandwagon relic upgraders holding onto their split rather than bazaaring it.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-10 23:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jaybezz said:
wounder how DL will work etc...

Same way as Bhukis, Ulhaudshi, ect. Already been stated NM's are going to be trigger-spawn <some>.