Forum » FFXI » General » Message from SE
Message from SE
 Gilgamesh.Kovalev
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Kovalev
By Gilgamesh.Kovalev 2011-03-10 11:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

"In order to deal with the issue of overpopulation in certain areas we will... (drum roll) merge servers."
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-10 11:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

cool post bro
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-03-10 11:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Kovalev said:
"In order to deal with the issue of overpopulation in certain areas we will... (drum roll) merge servers."
So you just heard about the server merges that everyone else has known about for a while.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-10 11:55:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Um how does merging servers help overpopulation...
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2011-03-10 11:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

makes people rage quit?
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-03-10 11:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

WELCOME...to the WORLD of YESTERDAY!!!!

[+]
 Asura.Takinagi
Server: Asura
user: Oric
By Asura.Takinagi 2011-03-10 12:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

^
 Sylph.Quiznor
Server: Sylph
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-03-10 12:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Isnt the over population control thing them adding stone/abyssea warp npc's to the home nations?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-10 12:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Quiznor said:
the over population control thing them adding stone/abyssea warp npc's to the home nations
ftfy
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-10 12:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

THIS IS BRAND NEW INFORMATION!
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-10 12:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:

I saw you for the first time IG last night, was creepy :D
 Gilgamesh.Kovalev
By Gilgamesh.Kovalev 2011-03-10 12:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if i made you waste 10 secs of your life, i'm still hoping they will cancel the mergers (yea yea i know), call that a lame joke but i just thought i'd underline (again? please put a quote where ppl have said it's pretty questionnable from them to acknowledge that there are overpopulation issues while announcing server mergers as we all know the addition of new "warp to aby" npc's will help but port jeuno will remain the main destination for players for all /shout related reasons) the irony of the 2 statements put together.

Was just trying to mock SE, feel free to protect them. And to all the ffxiah.com professional readers/posters/topic starters (are we supposed to be impressed by the fact you live here?), i'm sorry, you're right, you have to be a total idiot to post anything that's related to a news that's more than 2-3 days old. If you wanna stand against something, you have 2-3 days, after that, stfu.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-03-10 12:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Milk, Bagels, Eggs.. at Qwik Trip we produce these things ourselves and deliver them daily so not only are they fresh, but they cost less too, we've also got Orange Juice, Breakfast Pizza and other goodies just steps from your car.
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-10 12:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Kovalev said:
Sorry if i made you waste 10 secs of your life, i'm still hoping they will cancel the mergers (yea yea i know), call that a lame joke but i just thought i'd underline (again? please put a quote where ppl have said it's pretty questionnable from them to acknowledge that there are overpopulation issues while announcing server mergers as we all know the addition of new "warp to aby" npc's will help but port jeuno will remain the main destination for players for all /shout related reasons) the irony of the 2 statements put together.

Was just trying to mock SE, feel free to protect them. And to all the ffxiah.com professional readers/posters/topic starters (are we supposed to be impressed by the fact you live here?), i'm sorry, you're right, you have to be a total idiot to post anything that's related to a news that's more than 2-3 days old. If you wanna stand against something, you have 2-3 days, after that, stfu.

Clever girl
 Gilgamesh.Kovalev
By Gilgamesh.Kovalev 2011-03-10 12:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
Gilgamesh.Kovalev said:
Sorry if i made you waste 10 secs of your life, i'm still hoping they will cancel the mergers (yea yea i know), call that a lame joke but i just thought i'd underline (again? please put a quote where ppl have said it's pretty questionnable from them to acknowledge that there are overpopulation issues while announcing server mergers as we all know the addition of new "warp to aby" npc's will help but port jeuno will remain the main destination for players for all /shout related reasons) the irony of the 2 statements put together. Was just trying to mock SE, feel free to protect them. And to all the ffxiah.com professional readers/posters/topic starters (are we supposed to be impressed by the fact you live here?), i'm sorry, you're right, you have to be a total idiot to post anything that's related to a news that's more than 2-3 days old. If you wanna stand against something, you have 2-3 days, after that, stfu.
Clever girl

lol, nice try
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-03-10 13:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
I saw you for the first time IG last night, was creepy :D
wait what?
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-03-10 13:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Generally when I learn information, I first check the date. Maybe it's been out for awhile, I'm not sure, I don't really keep up on news.

Next step, I'd tell my friends. "Hey guys, did you hear about ______?" If they're like "hmm I hadn't heard that" or if they say something along the lines of "where have you been? That's old news", then I go "oh, well then.." and after a few awkward pauses and judgment from my friends, I can move on.

If I would like to take things further, I go to my favorite forum site, let's say FFXIAH. I'll use the search bar with certain keywords like "server merge" or "omgwtf SE I hate you" should work. Again I check the date. If nothing turns up, I'll let everyone know my findings.

But that's just me.

***. This would require... Common Sense.

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Kovalev
By Gilgamesh.Kovalev 2011-03-10 13:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
Generally when I learn information, I first check the date. Maybe it's been out for awhile, I'm not sure, I don't really keep up on news. Next step, I'd tell my friends. "Hey guys, did you hear about ______?" If they're like "hmm I hadn't heard that" or if they say something along the lines of "where have you been? That's old news", then I go "oh, well then.." and after a few awkward pauses and judgment from my friends, I can move on. If I would like to take things further, I go to my favorite forum site, let's say FFXIAH. I'll use the search bar with certain keywords like "server merge" or "omgwtf SE I hate you" should work. Again I check the date. If nothing turns up, I'll let everyone know my findings. But that's just me.

grats, i'm sorry i'm just a casual user, i wish all future topics will be classified as well as they can be so you can live a happy life. 1 thread in years and years of visiting this site, come on...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-03-10 13:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Your thread is bad and you should feel bad.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Kovalev
By Gilgamesh.Kovalev 2011-03-10 13:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Your thread is bad and you should feel bad.

lol allright allright, happy trolling pplz, /walks out
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-03-10 18:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Kovalev said:

most won't remain in port simply due to the fact that in their home nation they can go anywhere they possibly ever need to go in game, merging servers is fixing the other problem of the general population declining and they're trying to cut costs, which I don't blame them for that, I just would like my hands on a set of servers :D

as for the news being old, seriously try to pay attention, it's been known for a long time now that the worlds were going to merge again, there's even a message about it when you log in to the game.

pay attention.