Brewing Pantokrator
First Page 2 3
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-09 13:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically, I've heard horror stories along the lines of "It took a group five brews!" that I take with a grain of salt. Is Pant difficult to brew, and if I were to brew, should I brew as THF with Aeolian Edge or WAR with Ukko's Fury (I've yet to brew with Ukko's, so not sure how it fairs.)?
 Unicorn.Leoheart
Server: Unicorn
user: Leoheart
By Unicorn.Leoheart 2011-03-09 13:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
So basically, I've heard horror stories along the lines of "It took a group five brews!" that I take with a grain of salt. Is Pant difficult to brew, and if I were to brew, should I brew as THF with Aeolian Edge or WAR with Ukko's Fury (I've yet to brew with Ukko's, so not sure how it fairs.)?

5 brews just kinda sounds like poorly timed weaponskills/spells.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-09 13:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

It really does.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-03-09 13:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Took my group 2, but that was because I was dumb with the first brew. He used chainspell, making it very hard to time my WS's inbetween casts. Other then that, it was just like anything else.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-09 13:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Leoheart said:
Cerberus.Tikal said:
5 brews just kinda sounds like poorly timed weaponskills/spells.
This.

Also sounds like people not using good ws/setups. Assuming it doesn't have some rediculous amount of mdt or resistance to fire dmg wildfire should be able to kill anything in at most 2 shots. Leaving you another 160 seconds or so of brew lol. While that is the best brewed ws there are others that are at least half as good
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-09 13:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Is he able to TP/cast during Hundred Fists?
 Odin.Blaize
Server: Odin
user: Blaize
By Odin.Blaize 2011-03-09 14:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I did it on BLM once, put up mana wall, time casts properly, 3-4 nukes at most and it's dead. Even if you run into chainspell/hundred fists don't panic, brew will outlast them.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-11 15:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ripped through it np with Ukko's, but it wasn't as strong as my Aeolian's against other ***. Zelus didn't drop, so going to do it again, this time as THF.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 15:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

HOw hard is it to farm a popset? Assuming low man. Like solo mostly maybe trio?
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-11 15:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Pop set is easy really, as long as you can swing Ironclad. We had to zombie it to death 3 times before we really got a process that worked and got the KI. MNK, WAR, WHM, WHM was the best setup. NIN was around for procs but not actively fighting. The worst part about Ironclad is his PDT and increased damage, I could've duo'd it on THF because of evasion but without enough firepower to take it down, it became a fight of attrition, and couldn't heal as fast as it output damage (1500 dmg melee attacks). Basically, you need someone to proc red, someone to heal, and enough firepower to take it down. MNK looks to have enough on its own, but its hard to honestly say since we didn't let the MNK fight alone from beginning to end.

Chariot is laughable in comparison.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 15:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What about possible solo?

And yeah got a nin and whm friend... and I can do tons of dmg
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-11 15:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK, WHM minimum; MNK, proc'r, WHM for effectiveness.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 15:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not just use nin tank instead for procs and tanking/dmg?
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-03-11 15:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

get a wildfire cor and 2shot it XD
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 16:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
get a wildfire cor and 2shot it XD
Psh... bet my rng could 1 shot it
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-11 16:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually equate THF and NIN as far as output goes, and my THF came up short. If you've got Blade: Hi, sure, otherwise, I seriously doubt you'll have the output for it. I was critting for 16 dmg toward the end, and hitting for flat out 0's.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 16:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said:
I usually equate THF and NIN as far as output goes, and my THF came up short. If you've got Blade: Hi, sure, otherwise, I seriously doubt you'll have the output for it. I was critting for 16 dmg toward the end, and hitting for flat out 0's,
As it turns out the nin in question does have kannagi :). But it's not me so if he's coming I can come on something else for the actual dmg. Probably blm or rng. Maybe blu and some SA fun times.
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2011-03-11 16:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Then that's perfect.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 16:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Now to convince him to help farm it a couple of times...
 Leviathan.Banas
Server: Leviathan
user: bananas
By Leviathan.Banas 2011-03-11 16:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
wildfire should be able to kill anything in at most 2 shots

I just wanted to confirm that Wildfire is great on Pantokrator - one quickdraw and weaponskill nearly kills it. There isn't much concern with healing it since so much damage is done instantly. I would just kill it while it was in its standing form for safety. If you're fortunate enough to brew with Wildfire, my estimate is you can get through about 8 pops.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 16:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Banas said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I just wanted to confirm that Wildfire is great on Pantokrator - one quickdraw and weaponskill nearly kills it. There isn't much concern with healing it since so much damage is done instantly. I would just kill it while it was in its standing form for safety. If you're fortunate enough to brew with Wildfire, my estimate is you can get through about 8 pops.
What atmas were you using?
 Leviathan.Banas
Server: Leviathan
user: bananas
By Leviathan.Banas 2011-03-11 16:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Banas said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

I used Ultimate, Smoldering Sky, and Lone Wolf.
Server: Asura
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2011-03-11 16:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Killed it without brew in like 40 minutes with 8 people, MNK WAR NIN BLM WHM WHM BRD THF. As MNK I tanked it and died twice, kiting it or having NIN tank while I unweaked.

Done it with one brew from a THF once- getting it to 80% while finding blue.

Next time took 3 brews because of poorly timed ws. WS during it's TP or casting just once and chainspell or hundred fists will go off. It can also randomly absorb during hundred fists, so that screwed us more. Then after we *** around with it more trying to regain our composure, THF and BLM popped brews at the same time on accident and *** it up.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 16:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Banas said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Banas said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Hmmm so probably would've one shotted if had taken out ultimate for griffin claw then. Would've been about 15% more dmg
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-03-11 16:44:59
Link | Quote | Reply

God I really hope SE take the best equipment for 99 and shove it outside Abyssea.
[+]
 Ramuh.Ragni
Server: Ramuh
user: Ragni
By Ramuh.Ragni 2011-03-11 16:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironclad is easy, WHM + MNK (or WAR) 3 mins fight.

I used brew on WAR with Herculean slash, its easy to kill, two Pantokrators on one brew - too weak lol (needed to kill 4, 2/4 on tiaras with blue and th).

Used Ultimate, Beyond and Crushing Cudgel.

He have 50% mdt on 4 legs and 50% pdt on 2 legs - 10k dmg on 4 legs and 19k dmg on 2 legs.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 16:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

All you silly people using MAB atmas over griffin claw when using brew wearing a 2hded weapon.

Btw how much is crushing cudgel? It's only minor so considering major is 20% I'd imagine 5-10%
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-03-11 17:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Banas said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Leviathan.Banas said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Hmmm so probably would've one shotted if had taken out ultimate for griffin claw then. Would've been about 15% more dmg

How is griffing claw better? +50 mab is +50% dmg if you don't have any mab. If you have 100 mab then it should be 25% no? Not quite sure right now but isn't it kinda hard to get that much Mab on cor? And you would even need more than that to lose to the 20% from griffin claw. Correct me if I'm wrong :x
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 17:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
How is griffing claw better? +50 mab is +50% dmg if you don't have any mab. If you have 100 mab then it should be 25% no? Not quite sure right now but isn't it kinda hard to get that much Mab on cor? And you would even need more than that to lose to the 20% from griffin claw. Correct me if I'm wrong :x
It's pretty simple. Brew gives you +900 MAB. Brew alone reduces ultimate down to a mere 5% dmg increase
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-03-11 17:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

900? Really?
First Page 2 3