Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-03-08 13:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Siren.Kuz said:
Can we still pick on the people who just butcher the English language as if they never even graduated from middle school?
And start creating one all on their own?

You know... the ones who still can not tell the difference between "There", "They're", and "Their"??
or the ones who take a word like "response" and type it "reeponce"

We CAN Still swoop on them... right?

(please tell me you find the humor in this post and don't ban me :P )

Cause we all live in the USA and or have english as our first language right?

I know plenty of people in my LS that have a hard time with English, do I understand why? yes. Do I *** and rage about it? no.

I'd say the effort to at least try to communicate is the biggest thing someone can do rather then just assume we can speak 10 billion different languages and expect us to learn their language.
The saracasm wooshed you.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-03-08 13:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Siren.Kuz said:
Can we still pick on the people who just butcher the English language as if they never even graduated from middle school?

You know... the ones who still can not tell the difference between "There", "They're", and "Their"??

I know plenty of people in my LS that have a hard time with English, do I understand why? yes. Do I *** and rage about it? no.

I'd say the effort to at least try to communicate is the biggest thing someone can do rather then just assume we can speak 10 billion different languages and expect us to learn their language.

nah, I kinda knew what he meant, but I was just adding a little bit more insight that I sometimes notice :p
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-03-08 13:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Siren.Kuz said:

nah, I kinda knew what he meant, but I was just adding a little bit more insight that I sometimes notice :p
But your little bit more put in some bias hinged on the fact that the dude assumed english speaking individuals automatically are from america.
[+]
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-03-08 13:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said:
Don't worry guys! Cerelyn apologized for you all you 'stupid' 'foreigners' so its cool.
damn right! lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2011-03-08 13:45:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Siren.Kuz said:

But your little bit more put in some bias hinged on the fact that the dude assumed english speaking individuals automatically are from america.
I know for a fact most European players at least on Ramuh communicate in English simply because it's the most well known language across all cultures.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-03-08 13:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Urial said:
I know for a fact most European players at least on Ramuh communicate in English simply because it's the most well known language across all cultures.
yup pretty much.
most other countries learn it by default unlike the U.S.A. though lol.
 Bismarck.Ruizutatakau
By Bismarck.Ruizutatakau 2011-03-08 13:49:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bismarck.Cerelyn said:
Bismarck.Ruizutatakau said:
Don't worry guys! Cerelyn apologized for you all you 'stupid' 'foreigners' so its cool.
damn right! lol
lmao! ruiz you still here? I demand satisfaction! : p
No I give up です。
 Bismarck.Angeleus
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-03-08 13:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Did KFH got ban?
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2011-03-08 13:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This isn't intended to be a pile-on of America-bashing. The point of my post was to highlight that this goes for everyone.

At points in FFXIAH.com's history, JP users have met or exceeded the number of EN users. Cultural differences regarding comfort with posting on external forums with in-game identities mean the JP forum tends to sit idle, but they still make up a large chunk of our users. Many of them lurk in the EN forums as well, although are usually too embarrassed about their English to contribute.

This tends to mean that by sheer probability of post count, we have this problem more often from EN users in JP threads. But that's purely circumstantial, and doesn't imply anything deeper about each user base. In the past, I have been equally as harsh for JP users doing the same to EN threads.

Not to mention our international presence in Europe and elsewhere has grown quite rapidly. Same goes for them, too.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-03-08 14:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Rowland said:
There are JP players lurking the Ni thread? I wonder if it's like a soap opera to them. Maybe I have a fan :x
silly american.