New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Glavoid shell
Glavoid shell
By Drumplayer 2011-03-07 19:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

buying Glavoid shells on Leviathan for 150-200k a piece, need all 50
would like to buy them all within a week.
If any LS out there wants to make some money, hit me up please
Thanks~
[+]
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2011-03-07 19:28:50
Link | Quote | Reply

{Tool}
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-07 19:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's see, assuming they use 6 people for a decent number of ppl to get the job done quickly, you're looking at 10m to go 6 ways.

1.7m per person roughly.

You could farm several times that as an individual in the same amount of time it'd take to grind out glavoid emp.

Gl getting someone to fall for that.

Also, I like how you say 150-200k as if anyone who reads that is going to choose 150
[+]
 Titan.Neofirebrand
Server: Titan
user: Neofire
By Titan.Neofirebrand 2011-03-07 19:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Let's see, assuming they use 6 people for a decent number of ppl to get the job done quickly, you're looking at 10m to go 6 ways.

1.7m per person roughly.

You could farm several times that as an individual in the same amount of time it'd take to grind out glavoid emp.

Gl getting someone to fall for that.

Also, I like how you say 150-200k as if anyone who reads that is going to choose 150
Ouch you gave him a beating >.>
 Ramuh.Attribute
Server: Ramuh
user: XGP0001
By Ramuh.Attribute 2011-03-07 20:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Man my 50 Glavoid shells were hell, even with my own LS. You could Fell Cleave Mandys with 18 people and capped Amber and you would still be lucky to get 25-40 pops thats needed for 50 shells in 24 hours. Pop sets are about as gay to get as killing the NM. Don't get me wrong with Red Staggers you could kill the NMs every 15 mins for pop sets also but the NM just SUCKS ***. Glavoid with 18 shout people is like hey pls keep curing him! But, if you do manage to get people to help you, just farm cruor. Just farm 10 pop sets and brew lock them. If you click on flux 5 after every kill you should be able to get 3 Glavoids per brew, just have people keep poping and running them to Flux 5. Use WAR or THF with Ael Edge and MATK Atmas he takes around 20k Per WS. When he uses Blood Weapon he gains a massive Stoneskin effect, use Eviseration to break it because he will be immune to magic WS, then just spam Ael Edge more. Easy wins and fast shells.
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2011-03-07 20:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Drumplayer said:
buying Glavoid shells on Leviathan for 150-200k a piece, need all 50
would like to buy them all within a week.
If any LS out there wants to make some money, hit me up please
Thanks~

Seein how freakin annoyin it is to farm shells...u'll be lucky if peoples ask u under a million/P w
Scales/Orthus claw maybe...but shells...simply no.

Best way for glavoid: few DDs on him, but skilled.
Or the more plps, the more he gotta heal himself.
Our record is 4mn30 with 6 peoples.
But sometimes he just go crazy and fight can be longer...its a *** :x

And of course the brew trick for kill ~3 fast, kill one, "freeze" at martello or flux, bring another...
 Ramuh.Attribute
By Ramuh.Attribute 2011-03-07 20:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Another way is to just shout for Glavoid clears every hour. Get 18 noobs they will help you farm KIs and pop the NM and gladly give you all drops for the clear. But this also probably requires a brew. Brew lock is the best way and just pay people to help you farm like 10 sets a day. I think in total I got like 5 free shells for being in the zone and asking clear groups.
 Cerberus.Halticus
Server: Cerberus
user: Halticus
By Cerberus.Halticus 2011-03-07 20:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm predicting a beatdown on this thread...
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2011-03-07 20:30:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Attribute said:
Another way is to just shout for Glavoid clears every hour. Get 18 noobs they will help you farm KIs and pop the NM and gladly give you all drops for the clear. But this also probably requires a brew. Brew lock is the best way and just pay people to help you farm like 10 sets a day. I think in total I got like 5 free shells for being in the zone and asking clear groups.

This ***is no more possible since long i'd say :x nowaday all peoples know what's Kis are for and their value...
Srly it's a one go ticket for bein blisted by LOT of peoples...but i guess some peoples dont care...
 Ramuh.Attribute
By Ramuh.Attribute 2011-03-07 20:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
Ramuh.Attribute said:

This ***is no more possible since long i'd say :x nowaday all peoples know what's Kis are for and their value...
Srly it's a one go ticket for bein blisted by LOT of peoples...but i guess some peoples dont care...

I got almost 15-20 shells this way. I was also mad thanked by everyone that came for the clear. The rest I farmed with my LS.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2011-03-07 20:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno about you guys, but Glavoids really arent as bad as you're all making them out to be lol

Get a solid farming group to static with you. You can farm every NM and Glavoid itself with 5 players... NIN/WAR/THF/RDM/WHM. No need for brews, no need to farm time/lights. You can farm 5 complete Glavoid triggers in under 90 minutes if you dont waste time building lights, cleaving time, or hoping for the right key items in your gold chests. You'll burn a few stones, atma stagger all of your NMs, and kill the Glavoids. Put in a few hours each night and 50 shells shouldn't take you more than two weeks
 Ramuh.Zaknafein
By Ramuh.Zaknafein 2011-03-07 20:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a sucker born every minute...or a noob.

Spose those are interchangeable in Vanadiel.
 Ifrit.Therealchibo
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Therealchibo 2011-03-07 20:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Just get friends in game, help them and they help you. No need to pay people unless your not patient.
 Fenrir.Ilax
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-03-07 20:43:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow seriously... gl on that mr. Drumplayer, think you would have better chance posting an email to brogame ^^

For 200k, the only item for E.Wep you might have chance to buy is probably from Cirein-croin, or ironclad for who only need sam/nin/drk seal.
 Leviathan.Novax
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2011-03-07 20:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I found when cleaving for gold chests you'll get far more glav items than chloris, so that's in your favor.
 Fenrir.Ilax
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-03-07 20:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Novax said:
I found when cleaving for gold chests you'll get far more glav items than chloris, so that's in your favor.

Pure luck imo, last time we got 2 Ki only for glav vs 20 for Chloris... Best way is cleaving + kill NM (not like you need more then 2 player for it anyway)
 Leviathan.Novax
user: Novax
By Leviathan.Novax 2011-03-07 20:52:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Leviathan.Novax said:

Pure luck imo, last time we got 2 Ki only for glav vs 20 for Chloris... Best way is cleaving + kill NM (not like you need more then 2 player for it anyway)

God i wish we had your luck when we made h2h o.o