Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-03-07 14:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Being able to augment older gear will only breath MORE life into older events. Glad to hear the good news.

How? If anything it'll remain the same as it is before, instead of having to directly do the events again to complete objectives to reward you with upgrades. Nothing's going to change.
because not everyone has salvage gear?
Or they can keep getting +2 gear in Abyssea.
you make it sound like all you need is af3+2 gear full time, gear is situational bro.
You're missing my point- with how 80% of endgame content has stagnated since Abyssea's release, it's still going to remain that way. These augments, judging by the Haidate experiment, are going to be situational at best, and people aren't going to be just rushing back to old content like it's a hot new hangout. It would've been better to just to get Trial of the Magians directly involved with the content and perhaps get a direct augment that would bring it just enough on par with Empyrean gear so that it catches up. At least, that's what people wanted anyway, right?
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-03-07 14:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, i know my issues is caused more by not done seals/+2 items and pop items ._.
 Bismarck.Luces
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-03-07 14:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Mikumaru said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Well, one thing that should be pointed out is that, take Salvage gear, for example, it's not just for 1 job, so the term "Roughly equivalent to EAF+2" it a little strange.

For example, how do you make Ares's Sollerets like an EAF+1 or +2, it's a seemingly different piece altogether. (Moar VIT I hope, TOrcleaver gooooooooooooooooooo), Seriously though, what people need to think about, is the other applications for other job. Hell, those Byakko's Haidate with+6 STR would have been the most powerful WAR ws pants outside of Abyssea right?

Personally though, I'd like to see more info about new content and job updates, rather than "Hay guyz, we alrady said this 20 times but here it is again lolz"

this so so true . while ppl qq about AF3 gimping thier Salvage pimpiness they forget that it's JSE vs something 3+ jobs can use .Why cant they do to Salvage/Sky/Sea/whatev like they did to relic/mythic weapons ? maker higher Lv versions upgraded thru trials ? They'd probly say PS2 limitations or server space or Bullshtien excuse . I think they just spewing the same crap we really dont care about because they dont know what they are gunna do after abyssea . you also have to consider if ppl are gunna ignore new content of they dont use thier Atmas (since ppl feel most things arent worth doin with it, hence why all these older pieces are considered useless , unless you still play in the real world .)

Since when have JSE's ever been more then macros peices? I really hope you didn't full time your AF and Relic sets on rdm, drg, blm, thf, ect...*(first jobs off the top of my head I did not look at what jobs you had)*edit*
Salvage gear was superior then majority of Relic gear, so as such it should be at the very least on par with empy +2 if not superior.
Of course there are differences and I really don't like the fact that after all the years I have to learn a new craft in orders to have a random chance at possibly making my gear better. Synergy was not really worth the effort when it came out(cept a few pieces), if they made worthwhile augments that you could pick what you wanted to modify, but they already said you wont be able to.
"It will not be possible, however, to alter specific attributes only"
I mean Not a single player I have spoke to has ever thought the augment system(not foV, trophies, or add-on's,) or synergy system where ever properly implanted, the idea was great but the follow through was worthless, but honestly we won't really know until they give us details so I deleted the rest of rage on that and said let us wait to see. It sounds to me like it will be like a kill a nm for an item that you have to use to unlock it for synergy, then collect certain other items from other new nms(or as rewards/scylds(sp?)) to use in synth(basically ToM but you craft it instead of the moogle). Just like they did the first synergy system.
I guess I just don't believe SE will actually implement this in a way, I mean if I could choose like, +6str -2 dex, or +6dex -2 str then I could role with that. Or kinda like the way you choose your stats from a list like in the add ons I could role with that too, but not this * fire ws damage +1 dagger evolith that they have right now.
For goodness sakes just stick with the damn trial moogle system as people actually enjoy and stop beating a dead horse with a stick, synergy.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-07 14:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:
Being able to augment older gear will only breath MORE life into older events. Glad to hear the good news.

How? If anything it'll remain the same as it is before, instead of having to directly do the events again to complete objectives to reward you with upgrades. Nothing's going to change.
you make it sound like all you need is af3+2 gear full time, gear is situational bro.
You're missing my point- with how 80% of endgame content has stagnated since Abyssea's release, it's still going to remain that way. These augments, judging by the Haidate experiment, are going to be situational at best, and people aren't going to be just rushing back to old content like it's a hot new hangout.
people mostly only do abyssea lately only because it's 1) the new thing and 2) they dont have the gear from there yet. it happens with every game with new content. people will slowly go back to old content to get gear from there. for example brd cant get a refresh body with pluvaile sooooo that leaves A. Body (good luck) and marduk's which also has better chr than +2 body and has fast cast, if you dont finish a song in it, you can open with it AND idle in it. people still need old ***, just havent finished key whoring their jobs in abyssea yet.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-03-07 15:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

You're missing my point- with how 80% of endgame content has stagnated since Abyssea's release, it's still going to remain that way. These augments, judging by the Haidate experiment, are going to be situational at best, and people aren't going to be just rushing back to old content like it's a hot new hangout.
people mostly only do abyssea lately only because it's 1) the new thing and 2) they dont have the gear from there yet. it happens with every game with new content. people will slowly go back to old content to get gear from there. for example brd cant get a refresh body with pluvaile sooooo that leaves A. Body (good luck) and marduk's which also has better chr than +2 body and has fast cast, if you dont finish a song in it, you can open with it AND idle in it. people still need old ***, just havent finished key whoring there jobs in abyssea yet.
You've got some points, I'll give you that. But, I think it would've been better to just to do something that keeps the content constantly active until you're happy with what you've got instead of making it a "just go pick it up and mess with it" kind of thing. That's what I mean by SE shooting themselves in the foot on variety. There is a lot of content, but relying on just Synergy just seems like it's limiting the game's potential fun factor. And that's why I'm hugely annoyed with it.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-07 15:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Cerberus.Zandra said:

people mostly only do abyssea lately only because it's 1) the new thing and 2) they dont have the gear from there yet. it happens with every game with new content. people will slowly go back to old content to get gear from there. for example brd cant get a refresh body with pluvaile sooooo that leaves A. Body (good luck) and marduk's which also has better chr than +2 body and has fast cast, if you dont finish a song in it, you can open with it AND idle in it. people still need old ***, just havent finished key whoring there jobs in abyssea yet.
You've got some points, I'll give you that. But, I think it would've been better to just to do something that keeps the content constantly active until you're happy with what you've got instead of making it a "just go pick it up and mess with it" kind of thing. That's what I mean by SE shooting themselves in the foot on variety. There is a lot of content, but relying on just Synergy just seems like it's limiting the game's potential fun factor. And that's why I'm hugely annoyed with it.
it's not like ToM is any better =[ killing Xmonster 9001 times just to upgrade one time, is NOT my cup of tea.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-03-07 15:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

it's not like ToM is any better =[ killing Xmonster 9001 times just to upgrade one time, is NOT my cup of tea.
Eh, they could do something like a twist and mix of NM killing and item procurement or something. It shouldn't have to be just killing countless exp mobs.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-03-07 15:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Eh, they could do something like a twist and mix of NM killing and item procurement or something. It shouldn't have to be just killing countless exp mobs.
unfortunately thats how it is with relic/mythics and i thought of that since that is the ToM system for augmenting items pre-abyssea.
 Caitsith.Ravant
Server: Caitsith
user: Ravant
By Caitsith.Ravant 2011-03-07 15:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
For campaign, I'd probably go back to it for rose strap if they allowed evaluations whenever, rather than 5 day minimum. If I want to grind enough campaign to rank up once or twice per day for example, I should be able to.

^ This
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-03-07 15:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

While it would be a nice change, whats stopping you form doing it now? Take one day to get points, rank up, then go back in 4 days.

Not like you have to spam it to keep your rank like before.
 Bismarck.Luces
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-03-07 15:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Ravant said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
For campaign, I'd probably go back to it for rose strap if they allowed evaluations whenever, rather than 5 day minimum. If I want to grind enough campaign to rank up once or twice per day for example, I should be able to.

^ This
 Odin.Mikumaru
Server: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2011-03-07 15:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Luces said:
Odin.Mikumaru said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Well, one thing that should be pointed out is that, take Salvage gear, for example, it's not just for 1 job, so the term "Roughly equivalent to EAF+2" it a little strange.

For example, how do you make Ares's Sollerets like an EAF+1 or +2, it's a seemingly different piece altogether. (Moar VIT I hope, TOrcleaver gooooooooooooooooooo), Seriously though, what people need to think about, is the other applications for other job. Hell, those Byakko's Haidate with+6 STR would have been the most powerful WAR ws pants outside of Abyssea right?

Personally though, I'd like to see more info about new content and job updates, rather than "Hay guyz, we alrady said this 20 times but here it is again lolz"

this so so true . while ppl qq about AF3 gimping thier Salvage pimpiness they forget that it's JSE vs something 3+ jobs can use .Why cant they do to Salvage/Sky/Sea/whatev like they did to relic/mythic weapons ? maker higher Lv versions upgraded thru trials ? They'd probly say PS2 limitations or server space or Bullshtien excuse . I think they just spewing the same crap we really dont care about because they dont know what they are gunna do after abyssea . you also have to consider if ppl are gunna ignore new content of they dont use thier Atmas (since ppl feel most things arent worth doin with it, hence why all these older pieces are considered useless , unless you still play in the real world .)

Since when have JSE's ever been more then macros peices? I really hope you didn't full time your AF and Relic sets on rdm, drg, blm, thf, ect...*(first jobs off the top of my head I did not look at what jobs you had)*edit*
Salvage gear was superior then majority of Relic gear, so as such it should be at the very least on par with empy +2 if not superior.
Of course there are differences and I really don't like the fact that after all the years I have to learn a new craft in orders to have a random chance at possibly making my gear better. Synergy was not really worth the effort when it came out(cept a few pieces), if they made worthwhile augments that you could pick what you wanted to modify, but they already said you wont be able to.
"It will not be possible, however, to alter specific attributes only"
I mean Not a single player I have spoke to has ever thought the augment system(not foV, trophies, or add-on's,) or synergy system where ever properly implanted, the idea was great but the follow through was worthless, but honestly we won't really know until they give us details so I deleted the rest of rage on that and said let us wait to see. It sounds to me like it will be like a kill a nm for an item that you have to use to unlock it for synergy, then collect certain other items from other new nms(or as rewards/scylds(sp?)) to use in synth(basically ToM but you craft it instead of the moogle). Just like they did the first synergy system.
I guess I just don't believe SE will actually implement this in a way, I mean if I could choose like, +6str -2 dex, or +6dex -2 str then I could role with that. Or kinda like the way you choose your stats from a list like in the add ons I could role with that too, but not this * fire ws damage +1 dagger evolith that they have right now.
For goodness sakes just stick with the damn trial moogle system as people actually enjoy and stop beating a dead horse with a stick, synergy.
i really couldnt agree more with alot of this , bruh . a prime example of how fail Synergy is , all the new things that are crafted are Synergy !! "lets make universal tools to save Ninja's some space in thier inventory , but they'll be done thru synergy so that way ALL tool will sky rocket in price" (i dunno about your server but tools prices are gettin dumb on Odin). I said it in another post but i'll say it here too : they put an easy button on Lving , change Crafting too . a single Craft @ 100 is harder and more time consuming that a few Jobs @ 90 . More proof of this is the statement by SE that the Skill Lv and Craft skill required to do this will be Low Lv Synergy cuz they know gettin any craft up to the 60+ mark is fairly intensive .
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-03-07 15:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

unfortunately thats how it is with relic/mythics and i thought of that since that is the ToM system for augmenting items pre-abyssea.
I dunno, I'd be perfectly comfortable with killing Proto-Omega 4 times just to help a group get something decent on an extinct body piece (Yes, Corazza, people are looking at you!), and I also wouldn't give a flying *** about other people doing an alternative (Synergy).
[+]
 Leviathan.Rihoko
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2011-03-08 05:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ask yourself answer yourself, they don't listen community as usual. This game is getting really really boring. Maybe it is because I tried RIFT and found out I'm having fun every second I play that, or maybe I can't show any patience no more to "very little" improvements that FFXI offers each update.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-03-12 12:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Rihoko said:
This game is getting really really boring. Maybe it is because I tried RIFT