Forum » FFXI » General » Q:Iga Attire Set+2 and katana combination
Q:Iga Attire Set+2 and katana combination
 Kujata.Savain
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Savain
By Kujata.Savain 2011-03-04 10:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Been wondering, the full set bonuses from AF3+2 for jobs with melee attributes seem to have a low activation rate. Because the sets are typically the best armor for that slot, people tend to go for 4/5 or 5/5. THF can hit 24% haste while maintaining 5/5, though TA activation is 10% (+atma, additional TA gear), and only what, 5% (if I'm being generous) of those TA hits will do extra damage.

That being said my question is, has anyone done a numerical calculation/test to see which set is better for Ninja: full Iga+2 (25% haste), or Iga+2 / Ninja Chainmail+1 / Dusk Gloves/+1/Ocelot Gloves / not Tiercel Necklace?

Also assuming the ninja is mainhanding a :Hi weapon, what would be best offhand both inside and outside abyssea?

I think more haste / wield will be better, like how with full haste I use iga earring over brutal for better DoT, and I think :Hi/OaT-4 would be good in all situations because of the subtle blow NIN has access to, but those are just intuitive ideas from my experience as NIN.
 Ifrit.Zerovirus
Server: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Zerovirus 2011-03-04 10:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Full Iga +2 is not 25% haste, it's 17% and even with twilight belt your only at 24% haste. Replace iga hands with ocelot gloves and your good. And could be wrong but 1% DW is not better than 5% DA for tp or ws.

edit: In abyssea Kamome in offhand or gtfo.
[+]
By Wafflechan 2011-03-04 13:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Perfect nin, no? Even though I'm sure some math nerd is going to bust in and tell me "U SUX, EPONA'S IS 0.xxx% BETTER THAN BLITZ!!" Inb4that.
Personally, I find the +2 items bonuses too good to pass up, unless I needed evasion or pdt/mdt depending on how the situation warrants.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-04 13:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wafflechan said:

Perfect nin, no? Even though I'm sure some math nerd is going to bust in and tell me "U SUX, EPONA'S IS 0.xxx% BETTER THAN BLITZ!!" Inb4that.
Personally, I find the +2 items bonuses too good to pass up, unless I needed evasion or pdt/mdt depending on how the situation warrants.

NIN cant use blitz.
Brutal is better than Iga earring, just 1% DW..
Use tiercel necklace over Iga and you'r atleast on 25% haste.
By Wafflechan 2011-03-04 13:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Wafflechan said:
Perfect nin, no? Even though I'm sure some math nerd is going to bust in and tell me "U SUX, EPONA'S IS 0.xxx% BETTER THAN BLITZ!!" Inb4that. Personally, I find the +2 items bonuses too good to pass up, unless I needed evasion or pdt/mdt depending on how the situation warrants.
NIN cant use blitz. Brutal is better than Iga earring, just 1% DW.. Use tiercel necklace over Iga and you'r atleast on 25% haste.
Oo naps, I did not see that, thank you. Time to edit that :V.

EDIT: Fixed it, but yeah, twas in a rush, not looking at things.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-04 13:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Qirmiz tathlum -> bomb core inside abyssea too ;O
[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-03-04 13:21:31
Link | Quote | Reply

ITT: You can use Ranged and Ammo items a the same time!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-03-04 13:22:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

I just assumed he ment it as "either or depending on if I need the evasion" :p
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-03-04 13:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I must learn your ways. I've been trying to use a boomerang and ammo slot all these years, and mine never works.

Please teach me!
 Titan.Ardiem
Server: Titan
user: Ardiem
By Titan.Ardiem 2011-03-04 13:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You're also using Bomb Core AND Ungur Boomerang. Thats probably just to denote one or the other though?

Personally I like using Qirmiz Tathlum for my ranged slot, but I also think Fire Bomblet is acceptable.
By Wafflechan 2011-03-04 13:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
I just assumed he ment it as "either or depending on if I need the evasion" :p
^ this
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2011-03-04 13:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Dusk+1 hands, Usu boots, Agasaya's collar are the best combo. If you are looking for the best.

edit: And Ninja Chainmail, oops.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-04 13:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

As for the THF question earlier. In abyssea when I 5/5 af3+2, I have ~35% triple attack rate, and my set bonus procs very often. It is definitely worth using 5/5 in abyssea with tiercel for 24% haste.

Outside abyssea it's iffy because of the lower Triple attack rate.