You Know Those Fagtastic Moments?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » You know those fagtastic moments?
You know those fagtastic moments?
 Cerberus.Vaness
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-03 14:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I was doing salvage for the first time in like a year ish yesterday and was like, wow this ***is so easy now.It used to give me alot of white hairs few years back.And then, that got me thinking the first time I did salvage.After 30s of being totally shocked of seeing every1 naked, I fagtasticly used my warp scroll instead of RR, good times.

Remind me also of a time that I did dynamis xarcabard as sch (wtf sch when I had blm? I dunno) but first set of mob I used manifestation > poison =/ instead of doing an actual sleepga.I brainfarted, for sure, good news is my ls got out with it w/o any death lol.

Everything in abyssea, seems pretty hard to have some brainfart moment like that.Those moments that could make a very boring run, something very interesting.I want to know your "Oooops I brainfarted" moments! gogo! ;D
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-03 14:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You have poison on your main maccro set!?! For shame...

I can't really remember mine that much but I can tell you of some friends. Like one guy he likes to come to tank things /blm alot.... can't tell you how many times he showed up to ashuf talif, ein, dynamis, limbus as a pld nin war /blm... often without the entry items.

I know of another that has tele'd the tank pt out of namis midway thru.

Oh well sometimes when I'm really tired and pulling I don't even notice what it is I'm pulling by name so I get nms instead of the normal mob...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2011-03-03 14:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:

Remind me also of a time that I did dynamis xarcabard as sch (wtf sch when I had blm? I dunno) but first set of mob I used manifestation > poison =/ instead of doing an actual sleepga.I brainfarted, for sure, good news is my ls got out with it w/o any death lol.

I did something similar to that during my first time in Dynamis San d'Oria many years ago. At the time I was stupid enough to have Bio II next to Sleep II in my macros and bio'd a sleeping avatar which proceeded to obliterate the whole ls, lol. Most people(including me) saw the humor in it, but as always there was a couple of the "FFXI is srs!!!!" people there, too(which made it funnier!).
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-03 14:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
You have poison on your main maccro set!?! For shame...

I can't really remember mine that much but I can tell you of some friends. Like one guy he likes to come to tank things /blm alot.... can't tell you how many times he showed up to ashuf talif, ein, dynamis, limbus as a pld nin war /blm... often without the entry items.

I know of another that has tele'd the tank pt out of namis midway thru.

Oh well sometimes when I'm really tired and pulling I don't even notice what it is I'm pulling by name so I get nms instead of the normal mob...
Yar I did lol, I used to like to DoT mobs in exp pts.This happened pre-abyssea, I do not have a poison macro anymore lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-03 14:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:
fagtasticly
no. please no.

I had a similar moment in dynamis X. We were low manning years ago and I was on a blm mule for sleepgas. 2 monks were about to 2 hour and all ele seals were down but mine. so I chimed in "I got this" and everyone backed off. Both monks resisted my sleeps and we wiped. I had used divine seal instead of ele seal but somehow no one noticed.
"WHO DIAGAED THE MOBS LEDGE WAS SLEEPIN EM" came from the ls leader because he didnt even consider I *** up so badly and I got all quiet lol
lol
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-03 14:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sketchkat said:
Cerberus.Vaness said:

I did something similar to that during my first time in Dynamis San d'Oria many years ago. At the time I was stupid enough to have Bio II next to Sleep II in my macros and bio'd a sleeping avatar which proceeded to obliterate the whole ls, lol. Most people(including me) saw the humor in it, but as always there was a couple of the "FFXI is srs!!!!" people there, too(which made it funnier!).
I miss dyna avatar fun, if some1 wasnt auto-engaging them at least 1 time in the whole dyna something else was happening for sure! lol
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-03-03 14:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate salvage, you did the right thing lol. Spend all that time getting gear just to run around nekid.

Sadly, all of my moments are fagtastic and there are far too many to list here. I am old and my brainfarts seem to last about forever.

The shock of something going wrong takes way too long to set in, then way too long to wear off... and I'm still mashing my cure v macro on your corpse.
[+]
 Siren.Shihan
Server: Siren
user: shihan
By Siren.Shihan 2011-03-03 14:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Circle Blade fighting defoliators back in the day... hit 3 or 4 of the saplings in that area... needless to say the pt was raped right quick.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-03 14:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to have some1 in my ls loving /blm alot too lol.But I think that happened to every1 at least once.Did it few times before lvl sinc lvling smn.Every1 that has been there for 3 years + knows that smn used to be use as main healer (caus lolsmn ; ;).Maked exp pts a whole new lvl on the first mob lol xD
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-03 14:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said:
I hate salvage, you did the right thing lol. Spend all that time getting gear just to run around nekid.

Sadly, all of my moments are fagtastic and there are far too many to list here. I am old and my brainfarts seem to last about forever.

The shock of something going wrong takes way too long to set in, then way too long to wear off... and I'm still mashing my cure v macro on your corpse.
I dont know many ppl who actually liked salvage.It was the first events I did where I realised that ffxi is serious busness!All that QQing and screaming.Having to refresh>para>haste>cure>sleep>pass all the same time, used to drive me nuts.

EDIT: actually worst was to remember who got what cell, and when to lot/pass crap.with 8 ppl, could get very tricky.I done with 4 and found a real joke
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2011-03-03 15:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to pick my brain on which moments I have had...

But I can tell you 2 stellar examples from LS mates

A members first Omega run in Limbus, once we entered I reminded people to have Reraise just incase.
A Member promptly pop their Retrace scroll and *poof* they were gone.
Many lulz were had.

Then on an Einherjar T3, a member had recently got back to the game and level WAR up to 90's.
One wave of mobs were puddings (i think) and we pulled a whole mess in.
like about 7 or 8 of them.
So we're sleeping the group and picking them off and they just KEPT waking up. The sleepers were all "WTF???"
This went on for like 2-3 rounds of sleep.
Suddenly... over vent... the player who had just returned was all giddy and excited and proclaimed "WOW Fell Cleave does AWESOME Damage"

/facedesk
By Serj 2011-03-03 15:07:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
I used to have some1 in my ls loving /blm alot too lol.But I think that happened to every1 at least once.Did it few times before lvl sinc lvling smn.Every1 that has been there for 3 years + knows that smn used to be use as main healer (caus lolsmn ; ;).Made exp pts a whole new lvl on the first mob lol xD

I go /blm a lot when I'm running around on mnk and still wind up forgetting to swap.

"Why aren't my shadows going off? Why is berserk broken?"

.....yup. Made assaults and the like verrrrrrrry fun.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-03-03 15:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said:
I need to pick my brain on which moments I have had...

But I can tell you 2 stellar examples from LS mates

A members first Omega run in Limbus, once we entered I reminded people to have Reraise just incase.
A Member promptly pop their Retrace scroll and *poof* they were gone.
Many lulz were had.

Then on an Einherjar T3, a member had recently got back to the game and level WAR up to 90's.
One wave of mobs were puddings (i think) and we pulled a whole mess in.
like about 7 or 8 of them.
So we're sleeping the group and picking them off and they just KEPT waking up. The sleepers were all "WTF???"
This went on for like 2-3 rounds of sleep.
Suddenly... over vent... the player who had just returned was all giddy and excited and proclaimed "WOW Fell Cleave does AWESOME Damage"

/facedesk
lol, had ppl in my ls doing that too when fell cleave got introduce.OMFG this is awesome lets fell cleave everything!
 Alexander.Jukie
Server: Alexander
user: Jukie
By Alexander.Jukie 2011-03-03 15:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I've casted Dia 2 instead of Sleep 2 before on the East Ron gate charm orc NM. I'm not sure anyone noticed but there was a lot of 'Sleep it damnit' aimed at the Blm party but I just kept quiet.
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2011-03-03 15:16:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha /blm is one I'm famous for in my LS. Showed up to Dynamis-Qufim once as Pld/blm. Nobody noticed (including myself) because I was one of the people who always ran to find the ???. So once the group caught up to me, we were about to pull those Rocs near the tower, and I went to voke and was like "wtf!".

Another moment I had in my earlier days, I was getting ready to do some mission/quest in which higher levels were going to be helping me out. I wanted to look all prepared by having sneak oils and invis powders. As it turns out, I bought Silencing Potions instead and silenced myself instead of sneaking myself. ><
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-03-03 15:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Vaness said:
I dont know many ppl who actually liked salvage.It was the first events I did where I realised that ffxi is serious busness!All that QQing and screaming.Having to refresh>para>haste>cure>sleep>pass all the same time, used to drive me nuts. EDIT: actually worst was to remember who got what cell, and when to lot/pass crap.with 8 ppl, could get very tricky.I done with 4 and found a real joke

The cells! /shakes fist. Yes, not only are you nekid and magicless half the time but you gotta sort through those stoopid cells deciding who gets to have their subjob and/or their gloves first. :( and then it's all your fault you wiped because you didnt pass the straftodickalacocktits cell in time or its in your inventory and everyone is looking for it. I fuggin hate salvage
By Artemicion 2011-03-03 15:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Accidentally casted on a mandragora mob while my pt was exping in the Boyahda Tree. Many links and death ensued. I noticed many deaths are DoT related when sleep is of the essence for victory. Would be nice if there was a spell to stop dots on a mob.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-03-03 16:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyzul Isle. Boss floor.
Me: ok guys, use reraise scroll /use instant RETRACE
DAMMIT!! thought it was an instant reraise D:

Another time in a qufim party I was nin/war and accidentally mijin gakure'd instead of provoke xD
 Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-03-03 17:09:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Before I even clicked this thread, I knew it was going to end badly.
[+]
 Diabolos.Mmbacon
Server: Diabolos
user: Mmbacon
By Diabolos.Mmbacon 2011-03-03 17:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I can remember my two biggest derp moments...

The first was probably one of the biggest ***-ups I had in the game. I didn't have a regular end-game shell at the time so I payed A shell on my server who were low-manning omega runs for homan legs...So of course we get ready and enter the BC...I never heard a hum...*** forgot soap on a run THAT WAS FOR ME! I got extremely embarassed dropped party and warped out, only to realize I could still lot items after it was over if I would have stayed in party -__-...

The second was a time that I put auto-run on in dyna-xarc while I was half asleep...yeah...I didn't hug the wall very well...spawned the entire first section and we had to warp out...*** my life...lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2011-03-03 17:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

(old post of mine circa 2006)

I logged in about 7pm one night in Jeuno and out of curiosity I go check the goblin shop to see what RSE week it is. I found out it was mine in Gusgan mines. I say great, I'll go there and try to get my Balm Sachet.

I make my way to the dungeon and run around a bit but can't find the ??? No big deal but I did happen to find a treasure chest. I use my thief's tools and pick the chest and bingo I get my Magical Pattern!

That's when things got out of control.

I continue to run around but still can't find that stinking ??? After about 10 minutes I wind up back where I found that chest and there's another one. I have a couple of thief tools left and say what the heck. Well as you can imagine I failed my pick and get weakened.

Do you have any idea how long weakened lasted from chests? Neither did I. 30 minutes and 2 d/c's later I'm still weakened but I found the ??? What to do? What to do? I'm on my level 57thf and have over 250 HP while still weakened. I think to myself, "This monster can't be more than a level 40, how many times could he actually connect with me? If it does connect, I have shadows and bloody bolts!"

I put my shadows up, and click the ??? The Aroma Fly misses me once every 4 hits and I'm picking off some HP with my bolts. Then my it takes my shadows off. I tried to recast but it disrupts my casting. I use a bloody bolt and try to recast. Another interrupt. I'm down to 100 hp now. I go to change bolts to my sleep bolts but I don't have any. >.< great I'm at 20 HP and no shadows and I haven't even done 25% damage to the fly.

Down I go and find myself at my Home Point. Pissed off I shout for a teleport and run back in for my revenge. I make it to the spot I had found the original ??? but he's not there. I walk around a bit and find the area that you can drop to the Teleport Holla ??? I hop right in and am about to run to the next room and I notice I'm being hit! I'm like wtf? I turn around and it's Juggler Hetacomb. This guy is hitting me hard! Casting spells left and right, I can't keep up. I get angry at myself for not getting my sleep bolts from my MH and eat another Home Point >.<

5000 xp gone and no Sachet I hit /shutdown right there. But before I did, I check my inventory and guess what I see? 12 Sleep Bolt Quivers were on me the whole time