Church Removing The Word "Booty" From The Bible

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Church removing the word "Booty" from the Bible
Church removing the word "Booty" from the Bible
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-03 07:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.news4jax.com/news/27059820/detail.html
Quote:
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- In the Bible, you probably never thought you would read the word "booty," but the word is written in the holy book many times and means treasure or plunder.

But these days the word is usually used to mean something else. That other meaning has caused the Catholic Church to remove the word from the New American Catholic Bible.

Monsignor Daniel Logan at Our Lady Of The Sea Parish said the church is also changing virgin to young woman because they feel virgin is misleading.

Changing words in the Bible is not new. The monsignor said years ago they changed the word holocaust to burnt offering when the word took on a whole new connotation during World War II.
lol really?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-03 07:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

*** religious idiots...
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-03-03 07:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Censoring is mainstream now.
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-03-03 07:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

idk, young woman Mary doesn't roll out of your tongue.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2011-03-03 07:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The Bible has been altered many times over the centuries, and yet some people still believe every word in it was written at the time Jesus was alive.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-03 07:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

no, censoring by religious nutjobs is mainstream now because they twist an already flawed book.

p.s.

DANE COOK SUCKS!
[+]
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-03-03 07:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

DANE COOK SUCKS!
I
Love
you.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-03 07:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amael said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

DANE COOK SUCKS!
I
Love
you.
he's on the online comedy station now and I just wanna shoot him.
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-03-03 07:43:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Amael said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

DANE COOK SUCKS!
I
Love
you.
Half his ***is stolen and worse, he doesnt know how to deliver a good punch line.
Edit: I remember him in comedy central presents: Dane cook and he spent like 5 minutes imitating an Alien and i just wanted to punch him.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-03 07:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amael said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Amael said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

DANE COOK SUCKS!
I
Love
you.
Half his ***is stolen and worse, he doesnt know how to deliver a good punch line.
Edit: I remember him in comedy central presents: Dane cook and he spent like 5 minutes imitating an Alien and i just wanted to punch him.
I want to sodomize him with a spork.
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-03-03 07:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Amael said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Amael said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

DANE COOK SUCKS!
I
Love
you.
Soup Spoon
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-03 07:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amael said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Amael said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Amael said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

DANE COOK SUCKS!
I
Love
you.
Soup Spoon
Le Spatula 3000
[+]
By Wombat 2011-03-03 08:12:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Amael said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Amael said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Amael said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

DANE COOK SUCKS!
I
Love
you.
Soup Spoon
Le Spatula 3000
Come on, guys. Keep this kind of the stuff in the "Dane Cook >> Sodomy Utensils" section.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-03 08:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Amael said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Phoenix.Amael said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

DANE COOK SUCKS!
I
Love
you.

Use the all mighty Foon which is superior to the Spork. You filthy llama god worshipers have inferior weapons when it comes to the great foon Broverâ„¢. Praise the great goat god. I will steal your plans for the secret sporf you are working on.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-03 08:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
The Bible has been altered many times over the centuries, and yet some people still believe every word in it was written at the time Jesus was alive.
I can't blame a religion for that. you say something and the world changes and it means something terrible now? update your ***to keep the message clear.

Everyone complaining about this is an asspained doucher trying to be edgy by saying "yeah *** religion!!!1!!!11!one!1"

So KFH and Kalyna essentially.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-03 08:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If people want religion to make them feel good I say let them. I myself don't care either way, I'm not very religious.

By Wombat 2011-03-03 08:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
I can't blame a religion for that. you say something and the world changes and it means something terrible now? update your ***to keep the message clear.

Everyone complaining about this is an asspained doucher trying to be edgy by saying "yeah *** religion!!!1!!!11!one!1"

Honestly, it is a very uninformed position to take.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-03 08:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It is indeed. It's prudent to draw wisdom from all places and respect a belief whether it's your own or not.

Imo of course.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-03 08:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:

YOUR MOTHER!
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-03-03 08:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Monsignor Daniel Logan at Our Lady Of The Sea Parish said the church is also changing virgin to young woman because they feel virgin is misleading.
I wonder how virgin is misleading? I thought the whole point was that it was an immaculate conception, you know, being that she'd never had sex? Has the church changed their mind about this now?

Honestly, I think it's ridiculous, there's no need to pick and choose words to change since it's mainly written in old English anyway. What's next, "Thou Shalt Not Wish To Have Sex With The Woman Next Door" because no-one knows what "covet thy neighbours wife" means any more?

It's obviously than pink haired *** fault.

Phoenix.Mogue
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2011-03-03 08:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I came here to lol but this place is less than 2 miles from where i grew up.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-03 09:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

dont be abstinent, the condom companies have to make money.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-03-03 11:22:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Quote:
I wonder how virgin is misleading? I thought the whole point was that it was an immaculate conception, you know, being that she'd never had sex? Has the church changed their mind about this now?

Honestly, I think it's ridiculous, there's no need to pick and choose words to change since it's mainly written in old English anyway. What's next, "Thou Shalt Not Wish To Have Sex With The Woman Next Door" because no-one knows what "covet thy neighbours wife" means any more?

It's obviously than pink haired *** fault.
Christianity itself defines Virgin as "an unmarried woman who has taken a religious vow of chastity in order to dedicate herself totally to God" at times so even if they meant "she is technically a virgin scientifically, look how amazing our god is" it could be skewed. 'Young woman' would appeal more and people could relate to Mary and more importantly Jesus much easier.

In theory anyway lol
I.E. they are opening their scope so that they can get a new cache of *** who know what to do when they have sex.
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2011-03-03 11:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Quote:
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- In the Bible, you probably never thought you would read the word "booty," but the word is written in the holy book many times and means treasure or plunder. But these days the word is usually used to mean something else. That other meaning has caused the Catholic Church to remove the word from the New American Catholic Bible. Monsignor Daniel Logan at Our Lady Of The Sea Parish said the church is also changing virgin to young woman because they feel virgin is misleading. Changing words in the Bible is not new. The monsignor said years ago they changed the word holocaust to burnt offering when the word took on a whole new connotation during World War II.
lol really?

Who said the word booty was even in the bible? The bible as a cannon of scripture was written in Hebrew, so there are thousands of translations and translations upon translations. A lot of the original meaning of the bible has been lost through some of these translations.
 Bismarck.Luces
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-03-03 11:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Quote:
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- In the Bible, you probably never thought you would read the word "booty," but the word is written in the holy book many times and means treasure or plunder.

But these days the word is usually used to mean something else. That other meaning has caused the Catholic Church to remove the word from the New American Catholic Bible.

Changing words in the Bible is not new. The monsignor said years ago they changed the word holocaust to burnt offering when the word took on a whole new connotation during World War II.
lol really?

The lady of the sea church if changing its bible to say young woman instead of virgin this article is not written very well. Changing the word booty to treasure though doesn't change anything. New american catholic bible edition as well so it probably its own sect of catholicism but I'm not catholic so can't 100% vouch for that. If the church itself changed virgin it would most likely come from the pope. Catholic believe you are still a virgin unless you have had vaginal + penis intercourse, meaning the girls I know that have had plenty of sex are virgins because they have butt sex. Also means every "Gold star gay"(never slept with opposite sex) man/woman is virgin