Changing Your Name For Server Merge.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Changing your name for server merge.
Changing your name for server merge.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-03-02 13:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, with all these server merges going on, I would like to propose a petition to SE from players who are being unfairly forced into a name change due to the server merge, while others are not. Many of my friends are upset with being forced into a name change to continue playing because of mainly inactive mules or players of the same name who have not played for years according to this site.

You might think this sounds like a q_q thread and that it is a small sacrifice to keep playing, but names can mean alot more than just a form of identification. I propose that SE rethink their regulations regarding this matter, and give active players priority with names over inactive players who may never play again.

If you get as far as reading this SE, your active players are more important, they are the people making you money.

If this affects any of you and you feel the same, lend your support (please no trolling/fighting) and I will forward the thread to SE in due course. Whether they will bother to read it is another matter.

Ty~
 Ramuh.Stack
user: Stack1
By Ramuh.Stack 2011-03-02 13:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

/
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-02 13:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think it's fair to force a name change on those who never asked to be moved to a new server to begin with, but life isn't fair..

If it were, they'd wipe everyone's name on the two merged servers and you get to pick your name when you log on the next time, if someone has the same name as you, but they get on first and claim it, you're ***out of luck.
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2011-03-02 13:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

if there are inactive players over 3 months with your name you'll automatically take over their name.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-02 13:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

hopefully we wont have 50 different variations of Sephiroth, Cloud, or some other famous name.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-03-02 13:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinkydink said:
if there are inactive players over 3 months with your name you'll automatically take over their name.

Is this an idea you are putting forward or is this already true?
By Alexandre 2011-03-02 13:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It sucks, my name and two of my mules names were taken when I was merged from Fairy, but not everyone can have the name they want and SE is really just trying to make the game better. Hopefully you can find a name that suits you 'cause there's really nothing you can do and no point in being upset about it.
 Asura.Rinkydink
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2011-03-02 13:16:47
Link | Quote | Reply

im pretty sure thats the rule..

for example i transferred myself and a mule over but my mule was already called something that was on asura (but inactive).. and there was no questions asked.

i would "assume" that server merge would follow the same principle.

(if not i think its a damned good idea..)
 Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-03-02 13:19:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinkydink said:
im pretty sure thats the rule.. for example i transferred myself and a mule over but my mule was already called something that was on asura (but inactive).. and there was no questions asked. i would "assume" that server merge would follow the same principle

Ahh ok that sounds good, I hope it's true, although I was under the impression the character had to be deleted before the name became available?
 Asura.Alymorel
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2011-03-02 13:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
hopefully we wont have 50 different variations of Sephiroth, Cloud, or some other famous name.
XxDrkXCloudXx {You can have this.} :P
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-03-02 13:27:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if someone was a mule deactivated in 2004 or a character banned in 2008, you still can't take their name. Time since deactivation or banning has nothing to do with it. The character must be deleted or transferred or it still has its name reserved.

If you want to test this, send an item to a proposed character. If it lets you send the item then the character exists and the name is reserved.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/polnews/news20493.shtml
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-03-02 13:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Brb, making a Sag on Bahamut
[+]
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2011-03-02 13:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mean to sound negative, but I don't think sending them this topic, from this site, is going to do anything productive.

Ramuh.Sagittario
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-03-02 13:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Brb, making a Sag on Bahamut

Good luck with that >_>;
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2011-03-02 13:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd almost be happy with a free name change :o
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-03-02 13:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I AINT CHANGIN MY NAME!

the only other KFH out there is on Titan, and he can *** off!
[+]
 Asura.Katniss
user: Katniss
By Asura.Katniss 2011-03-02 13:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rinkydink said:
that never worked for me when i tried.
 Unicorn.Ducea
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Ducea 2011-03-03 13:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

if you read one of the news updates from pol, character creation is suspended on all the worlds that are effected by the merge. so people can't hold names for ransom
By Alikat 2011-03-03 13:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I myself personally dont mind my name being changed. i like Alikat, its who i am but ive always wanted to change my name. but it IS unfair to those who have had their name for years and it holds great meaning to them. i know some people in my ls rather upset by this very fact and want to either change servers instead of the one we merge with for free. i do think SE should take time out of their "busy" schedule and see who has been active or inactive and give a great deal of thought to this, as they might loose customers more than they have already (seeing as less people is why they did the merge, oh and for cheap solutions) Maybe someone should post on twitter?
 Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2011-03-03 13:37:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still butthurt over having to change my name cause some *** that quit playing prior to 2006 had my name on sylph. *** SE.
 Lakshmi.Kingofbastok
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kingofbastok 2011-03-03 13:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

As someone said, that 3 month rule isn't in place, but it would be nice. I was lucky that only 1 mule had to change names last year, but it sucked that the person who had the name had no AH history for over a year and yet I lost my mule's name. It wasn't that big of a deal for me, since it was a mule and I wasn't too fond of the name anyway, but I did mess up once by accidently sending gil to the old name. Thankfully the character was abandoned and I remembered a little later that my mule had a new name, so I didn't lose the gil. Hopefully no one makes that mistake and sends something valuable to a current player with their old name and ends up losing their stuff.

Also as a reminder, don't forget to take things off the AH and out of your DB on all of your characters before the merge if your server is the one transferring to a new server, so that you don't lose your stuff.
 Cerberus.Halfpint
Server: Cerberus
user: Halfpint
By Cerberus.Halfpint 2011-03-03 14:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

you can search this site and find out how many ppl have you name.. i did....there are 11 other ppl who's name begins with halfpint..

get creative with your spelling...don't just put another word in front or behind someone else's name...i know i didn't appreciate it when i happened to me...

Ps: wish i could change the model i have...too many who look like me on cerb.