Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Download
FFXI Download
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2011-03-02 12:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to put FFXI on a different PC without buying another copy. I no longer have the disks, so that's out. Anyone know of a site or somthing that I can download the full version from?
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2011-03-02 12:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never tried this, and I can't say for sure that it will work... but here's a suggestion.

Steam has an option where you can select games already installed on your PC (doesn't matter if they're not from Steam) and add them to your games library. It may be possible to add FFXI to your library, then log into your Steam account from another computer and install it.

I've never actually added a game to my Steam library, so I can't say for sure that it will work, but if it recognizes your FFXI as the same one they sell and distribute, then it just might work.

If not, the game only costs $9.99 on Steam, which is a much cheaper alternative to buying yourself another set of discs.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-02 12:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Just download the torrent...

If you have the keys or account already, it shouldn't pose any problem.
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2011-03-02 12:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got the keys and such, just need the download. Any reccomended place I will get a clean version?
 Phoenix.Kaeoni
Server: Phoenix
user: Malicfayt
By Phoenix.Kaeoni 2011-03-02 12:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Isohunt should work. If your runing windows 7 install the Play online from the offcial site and not from the torrent itself (incase you didn't know. I didn't the first time i did this. That version won't work for 7, properly anyways i forget the details).
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-03-02 12:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have an account, go for Demonoid, if not most anywhere will be clean, just make sure to check through the comments and you can even run a scan on the file yourself if you're that paranoid about it.

Usually torrents that have got any real traffic are exposed for hidden ***pretty quickly (not to be confused with the noobs to pirating ***that scan the file with like AVG and come back saying the crack is actually a trojan).
 Cerberus.Dizzmal
By Cerberus.Dizzmal 2011-03-02 12:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I've got the PoL on it and updated. This PC has 64 bit Vista. It's my brother's PC that we had to put a new hard drive in. I'm just trying to reinstall FFXI on it. I'll try Isohunt tonight.

Edit: I forgot about my Demoniod account. I'll go there. Thanks!