users online
Forum » FFXI » General » To linkshell holders going through server merge:
To linkshell holders going through server merge:
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2011-03-02 00:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Some advice from a linkshell holder who has experienced a server merge: Put everyone in your shell in your friends list. It will make it much easier to find your shellmates in your new home.

And expect there to be a mad rush on the NPC linkshell sellers in the first weeks, be patient.
 Titan.Guenhwyvar
Server: Titan
By Titan.Guenhwyvar 2011-03-02 00:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

if you own a linkshell youll still own one on the new server, it will just be unused.
 Ramuh.Attribute
Server: Ramuh
user: XGP0001
By Ramuh.Attribute 2011-03-02 00:20:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow said:
Some advice from a linkshell holder who has experienced a server merge: Put everyone in your shell in your friends list. It will make it much easier to find your shellmates in your new home.

And expect there to be a mad rush on the NPC linkshell sellers in the first weeks, be patient.

Yeah I just said this on Ramuh. May make it hard for u to find members and them find you after name changes.
 Leviathan.Dazusu
Server: Leviathan
user: Dazusu
By Leviathan.Dazusu 2011-03-05 12:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

What, you don't have Linkshell forums?

Epic.
[+]
By Elizara 2011-03-07 15:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lemme tell you because I was in a shell that the shellholder actually retired from the game long before the Quetz/Midgard merge: If your shell doesn't have a shellholder and you're on a server that's due to be merged into another, don't hesitate. Get the sacks together now while you have time, decide who will be the new shellholder, and GET A UNOPENED LS. NOW!!! Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

You'll thank yourself later. I'm serious. There was a mad rush on the LS shops on Quetz, and for three weeks no one could get a pearl. (it was camped like a HNM) That LS I was in? That was a factor in it dying. We lost people because we had to wait so long. Don't make our mistake.

Also if you have a forum, use it so you can keep track of people, but if you don't, Moonsshadow's idea will work. If you have a forum, I suggest putting up a name change thread.