Which Emp Weapon?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Which Emp Weapon?
Which Emp Weapon?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-01 12:16:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot rng doesn't get much pdt. Can still cap mdt though. Can get 35-40ish pretty easily. Cap with atma.

/war is kinda silly for rngs nowadays. I don't really see anyone using it anymore. Don't need zelus to cap gear haste. Actually the snapshot atma has haste on it too...

So yeah sure war has a little bit on rng. But not enough where I'd call one a glass cannon and the other a great tank.

Not like your rng should really be pulling too much hate off of competent tanks. At least not with relic/wildfire ws except on super pdt mobs where your dmg completely pwns theres.

Being the only person using elemental ws on rani was fun... wildfire goooo
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-01 12:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno, VV/Sea Daughter/Stout Arm(7 Tick Regain) was madness on RNG/SAM. Basically a Sidewinder/Ref Arrow every 2 shots. I can't imagine the hate I'd pull if I had a Gandiva.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-01 12:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Use wildfire, or relic ws for less hate! And yeah /sam all the way. Heck yeah self light/dark skillchains
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-03-01 14:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Laeticia said:
truth is the game is 8 years old (for some of us), and you should do the weapon of the job you like most. no doubt ukon is ridiculous completely, possibly best weapon in game with best ws in game, but i made almace and twash because i like blu and dnc the most. rudra's is not a good ws at all inside abyssea (non crit, and based on dagger damage), so it is not comparable to ukkos by a mile. however i dont like war, and not even doing sick damage would change that. glass cannon isnt my style, not knocking it, but i just dont enjoy it.

twash is still the best dd weapon for dnc (and thf probably) so it is still absolutely worth doing if you love the job. also self darkness rudras-> evis nets more damage than 2 evis (unless monster resists darkness considerably) due to dnc SC bonus trait, and provides you with aftermath.

if dnc becomes obselete due to no razed ruins (if game shifts outside abyssea), i have lvl 90 well-geared thf, and thf simply cant become obselete, so thats the backup plan. rudras is actually pretty nice with SA or TA or both, inside and outside. almace and CDC are simply amazing any way you slice it, but still not ukon damage of course as war just has so many more tools/gear for straight up melee dd in and out.

point of this jibberish is im happy with twash even though rudras is junk compared to the big wses, because its the best weapon for the job i use and like the most. a stronger weapon for a job i like less would leave me with regrets. that choice is yours.

You can force crit Rudra's on dnc by using Striking flourish and AF3 body.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-01 14:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
You can force crit Rudra's on dnc by using Striking flourish and AF3 body.
Only every 2 min. And if it wasn't for that the body would be sub par ws peice so you slightly marginalize the increase in dmg. It just gives it the chance
 Fenrir.Ilax
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-03-01 15:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Laeticia said:
if dnc becomes obselete due to no razed ruins (if game shifts outside abyssea), i have lvl 90 well-geared thf, and thf simply cant become obselete, so thats the backup plan.

By time SE don't release another TH dagger lol...

For OP, Idk tbh i would avoid twash since the path for it is painful and the WS itself is not amazing inside/outside abyssea, make me think of mandau. Mercy stroke is just fun for SC... Something that not happen much anymore since everyone like to spam onry.

Like most of ppl say here, do the one that match your play style, if your LS love to SC/MB day long and you love to play dnc and thf, there no doubt here, go get twash.

for Masa, i think is fair to say is pretty good deal, the path to get it is pretty easy, the WS power is decent in abyssea and very good outside abyssea. Solo your own Light SC x5 = joy, and only SAM can do that. Now just imagine 2 SAM with masa what they can do lol...

For Kanni, is very good E.Wep, specially if you like to solo, low man NM etc. In/out abyssea that WS is very good + seem like SE give more love for nin, been a good 5yr they keep nerfing the job, but lately they are actually giving good update to nin, so i think more good stuff incoming for that job. From now, i can just imagine 2x skilled ninja with Kanni, and they probably can duo most of the content in abyssea, just imagine later.