non-abyssea xp
First Page 2 3
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-02-27 17:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

For the last week I have been doing some /subjob leveling... and I have to say the new xp is pretty nice... plus with getting FoV xp along with it, you can level pretty quickly... I am wondering how some of the higher level zones (colbri) camps are fairing... I have not gone to those yet

any thoughts?
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-27 17:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

They aren't anywhere near as good as Abyssea xp. /endthread.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 17:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice if you can't get a leech spot. Or don't want to wait for xp to build
[+]
 Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-02-27 17:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Also nice if you want to enjoy the game.
[+]
 Bismarck.Tuvae
Server: Bismarck
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-02-27 17:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Enternius said:
Also nice if you want to enjoy the game.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 17:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure I'd call taking longer to lvl enjoying the game but oh well. Guess I'm weird not liking the grinding part
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-02-27 17:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoy both abyssea and regular grinding in old zones, but idk i find it a bit more friendly doing old fashioned leveling.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-02-27 17:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
just because you can get more xp in abyssea doenst mean its 100% better to level there, there is more to getting xp fast in this game...
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-27 17:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What would be so special about doing a colibri pt? You realize you would need to find a lvl sync at 75 who would most likely level really fast and make you get ***xp or find another? I xp'd a lot before abyssea, it was the same ***. Nobody really speaks much in /p unless someone dies or does a nice ws. You are just looking through nostalgia glasses, abyssea is the same ***with more people (or less if you don't xp in a ally.)
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-27 17:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said:
Leviathan.Draylo said:
just because you can get more xp in abyssea doenst mean its 100% better to level there, there is more to getting xp fast in this game...
It is if your goal in an exp party is to get exp.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Serj 2011-02-27 17:45:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
What would be so special about doing a colibri pt? You realize you would need to find a lvl sync at 75 who would most likely level really fast and make you get ***xp or find another? I xp'd a lot before abyssea, it was the same ***. Nobody really speaks much in /p unless someone dies or does a nice ws. You are just looking through nostalgia glasses, abyssea is the same ***with more people (or less if you don't xp in a ally.)

Colibri are 50 or 55+. Idr. Not meripos, though.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-27 17:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Draylo makes a good point, w/ increased exp, ***you'd be spending more time moving from camp to camp than you would be leveling. That time spent moving camp to camp could be used actually getting exp, provided you're in abyssea.

Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-02-27 17:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

The bonus to having this XP is you can start @ the base lvl for a camp and go much higher then the old Lv limit. Due to the fact that the mobs give 2x xp.

So you could rock on the lv53 bird camps right to 65 im sure and still get 200 a kill.

Sure it doesnt meet abys xp rates, but at least you keep them weapons capped ~.^ and have fun
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-27 17:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Would be faster to level from 30 to 90 and then cap your weapon on something I bet. You would be leveling fast anyway. Just do some crabs to 200ish, then go fight melo melo with some regen atmas to cap.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-27 17:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lowblow said:
The bonus to having this XP is you can start @ the base lvl for a camp and go much higher then the old Lv limit. Due to the fact that the mobs give 2x xp.

So you could rock on the lv53 bird camps right to 65 im sure and still get 200 a kill.

Sure it doesnt meet abys xp rates, but at least you keep them weapons capped ~.^ and have fun
Nah, cause everyone would have to be the same level. You're going to have level syncs, of course. And with getting exp much faster than you do skill ups, you're still going to have a lot of skilling up to do at the end of the day.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-02-27 18:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Would be faster to level from 30 to 90 and then cap your weapon on something I bet. You would be leveling fast anyway. Just do some crabs to 200ish, then go fight melo melo with some regen atmas to cap.
I get your point, however most people who do this, *not referring to Vets, but new players* then have no idea how to play their job... they simply do a few things within a pt and get the xp to cap them.... and not only have gimp stats, but are gimp players...

I am simply hoping that people actually start PLAYING this game again... enjoying the game not only to get to 90 but to actually meet people and have fun
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-27 18:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Gimps will always be gimps... regardless of how fast or slow you get exp.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-02-27 18:17:41
Link | Quote | Reply

personally i will not go to abyssea for any of my jobs pre 60..and even at that point i might not.. simply because i enjoy doing old style ffxi... traveling from camp to camp, fighting over camps and mobs, and having a few laughs is what i love about this game
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-02-27 18:19:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Gimps will always be gimps... regardless of how fast or slow you get exp.
yes but leeching to 90 in abyssea is simply expediting the process
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-27 18:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It's cute how you rate all my posts down. All of what you enjoy can be achieved in a Abyssea party lol.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-02-27 18:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i really really hope they add some traditional style game play back to ffxi in the next few updates... zones and old style leveling
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 18:20:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Burn those kupo rings!!!
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-02-27 18:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
It's cute how you rate all my posts down. All of what you enjoy can be achieved in a Abyssea party lol.
never rated down your posts... you have valid points, even if i dont agree with you 100%
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-27 18:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just confused, what did you enjoy so much about old style leveling? Nobody even talked in majority of pts unless, like I said earlier, someone died or did a high ws. The same amount of chat that is in a abby party. What was it?
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 18:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Do portalices till the lvl 82 cap...
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-02-27 18:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I'm just confused, what did you enjoy so much about old style leveling? Nobody even talked in majority of pts unless, like I said earlier, someone died or did a high ws. The same amount of chat that is in a abby party. What was it?
its not leveling in abyssea, its leeching in abyssea from 30-90... i enjoy leveling in there, say 70+.. but the latter is pretty gimp
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-27 18:24:10
Link | Quote | Reply

People did the same thing with astral burns though.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-27 18:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Also can't always get a leech spot... I've yet to actually lol
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-27 18:25:17