Forum » FFXI » General » Proc lock?
Proc lock?
 Bahamut.Tejas
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Tejas
By Bahamut.Tejas 2011-02-23 13:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I was thinking of a strategy for some of the tougher NM out there and wondered if red proccing multiple times (assuming don't need atma) inflicting terror effect is crazy time or viable strategy? I mean get your yellow or blue then spam whatever ws when you can and tp mob to death. I'm sure I am either missing something, or this is a known strategy, and I'm the last to know.....
 Gilgamesh.Topdogg
Server: Gilgamesh
user: opti09
By Gilgamesh.Topdogg 2011-02-23 13:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

After about the 3rd time proc'ing red on the same mob, terror lasts for about 3 seconds.
[+]
 Caitsith.Crunkie
Server: Caitsith
user: Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-02-23 13:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The more times you stagger an NM using ruby weakness, the less time it will stay staggered.
[+]
 Bahamut.Satanas
user: Satanas
By Bahamut.Satanas 2011-02-23 13:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time i tried, I think it only worked liked 5 times or so before it stopped working. It was on carabosse btw. But 30 seconds of free wailing on NM's is pretty nice, but not needed for most of the time.
[+]
 Asura.Xenophire
Server: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-02-23 13:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Topdogg said:
After about the 3rd time proc'ing red on the same mob, terror lasts for about 3 seconds.
Caitsith.Crunkie said:
The more times you stagger an NM using ruby weakness, the less time it will stay staggered.
And if you do it more than that, the terror won't even happen.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-23 13:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah around proc 4 or 5 it pretty much wears off before the stagger message shows. Not to mention the second it wears the mob will start using it's moves with more tp than normal.

You can proc blue and grellow a few more times than red. Like usually stops around 7 I think.

Also the exact number seems to vary somewhat by 1 or so on max staggers