Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Fistule Strategy
Fistule Strategy
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-02-21 17:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Experimented with duo'n Fistule and found a good solo strategy.

Bst/nin
Full af3+2 (not needed)
Dual evasion axes
DipperYuly
Atma of Vicissitude
Atma of Razed Ruins
Atma of Ducal Guard

You can straight tank Fistule without kiting adds

All moves he uses, even repeated cytokinesis only takes 2 shadows so make sure you always have 3 up and a stack of zeta. Melee full-time and snarl when taking hate
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-02-21 17:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:

Bst/nin
Full af3+2 (not needed)
Dual evasion axes
DipperYuly
Atma of Vicissitude
Atma of Razed Ruins
Atma of Ducal Guard

All moves he uses, even repeated cytokinesis only takes 2 shadows so make sure you always have 3 up and a stack of zeta. Melee full-time and snarl when taking hate

Wow, you found Fistule unclaimed? Seems like every time I wanted to go try to see if I could solo it, someone had it claimed or already had beaten it. Nice to see it can be easily soloed though, thanks for the tip.
 Fenrir.Omgwtftaru
Server: Fenrir
user: kivyin
By Fenrir.Omgwtftaru 2011-02-22 14:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:

Bst/nin
Full af3+2 (not needed)
Dual evasion axes
DipperYuly
Atma of Vicissitude
Atma of Razed Ruins
Atma of Ducal Guard

Just tried this and would say that I definitely prefer kiting the adds. The reason is that it's incredibly easy to get hate off your pet: I snarled every time it was up for about 5 minutes and still managed to get hate, I was in all pet gear too. If you're unlucky (as I was), Fistule would use Cytokinesis when you have hate and both pets would be on you. It might save you time by doing this method, but kiting is a safer option and it's better to be safe than sorry.

Edit: Tried it again, this time playing it safe. Dissolves seems to be hate loss of some sort because it turned and attacked me when it used the TP move on my pet. When it does Cytokinesis, the pets are manageable. However, when they start to divide into 4 more smaller pistules and then Fistule does Cyto again for a total of 6, it becomes chaotic and you're unable to really do anything since your pet's not going to able to focus on Fistule and Fistule will be using Dissolve. If your pet dies from 7 mobs hitting it, all of them will chase after you.
 Phoenix.Hagino
Server: Phoenix
user: hagino
By Phoenix.Hagino 2011-02-24 02:04:34
Link | Quote | Reply

when the pets split into the redder smaller ones they hit alot faster and harder. I can normally solo fistule on dnc straight tanking everything but if it decides to split early into the smaller ones it goes down hill very fast.

As dissolve being semi hate reset, it isnt. It means the moment that it dissolved it was on you instead of your pet so the mobs attack you instead. Had this issue when duoing with my blm buddy. I told him to stay back until it dissolved. After that its cake.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [185 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-08-28 12:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a useful strategy. Hold all 3 NM's that can pop Fistule with LS mates or friends. 100% claim everytime. If you pop with Bloodguzzler or Lentor, have someone run back to the ??? To get claim again right after. If you pop with Guimauve, have someone stand by for repop. Alternate back forth between these pop methods and you can't get nailed for holding. 25 discharge in 4 4 hour days. 125 to go. (Farsha friend, Gandiva-Farsha me)
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2011-08-28 12:38:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Wackatramp said: »
Here's a useful strategy. Hold all 3 NM's that can pop Fistule with LS mates or friends. 100% claim everytime. If you pop with Bloodguzzler or Lentor, have someone run back to the ??? To get claim again right after. If you pop with Guimauve, have someone stand by for repop. Alternate back forth between these pop methods and you can't get nailed for holding. 25 discharge in 4 4 hour days. 125 to go. (Farsha friend, Gandiva-Farsha me)

People have reported getting GMd for holding the NMs in this fashion. It probably depends more on the GM you get, but it has been said that this can be considered holding the NM.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-08-28 12:51:10
Link | Quote | Reply

"Holding" is technically the only way to pop this NM. Using all 3 NM's doesn't change much. All it does is force other group to wait by the ??? for repops or camp Guimauve. Face it. If you dont do it, someone else will.
By Brink 2011-08-28 13:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I've duo'd this nm quite easily on DNC/nin and Blu/whm. i was Dnc with RR VV and Apoc, Blu had Minikin, VV and MC. What we did was i would tank fistule and then when the adds popped the blu would whirl of rage or dream flower and run the adds around, Dnc/nin can solo Fistule extremely easily if it wasnt for the adds so we just removed them. Another way we did this was Dnc or Brd, Thf and Whm. We had an awesome thf so we didnt need a back up tank, Whm and Thf did mobs and Brd/whm or /nin kited the adds so same strategy as above, as far as claiming went when fistule was at 5% i popped the Bloodguzzler NM and held it on brd or dnc (i was on both im 50/50 on discharges now but we changed up the jobs). I got extremely lucky due to getting 35 charges in one day i gave up because an entire ls came to outcamp me and 2 friends but Fistule was open that whole day. Good Luck on getting claim and your Discharges :)
 Ramuh.Zangada
Server: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2011-08-28 13:57:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »

People have reported getting GMd for holding the NMs in this fashion. It probably depends more on the GM you get, but it has been said that this can be considered holding the NM.

I've talked to a GM about this and according to him its not against the rules to hold if its under 30min.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-28 15:51:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Zangada said: »

I've talked to a GM about this and according to him its not against the rules to hold if its under 30min.

<Burn>
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-08-28 16:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

While that may be a useful strategy, you're posting this in the BST forums, under an OP which was clearly interested in soloing.
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2011-08-28 16:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
a thf/nin with RR GH Stronghold/MC could just solo fistule faster supertanking the adds plus you can proc higher than dipper for +2 or empy
Yeah I've done Fistule on my THF. I do bring my WHM mule though, but regardless the NM and its adds barely hit my THF.
By Zeyphr 2011-08-28 16:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo'd my 50 Fistule Discharges on NIN/WAR, sometimes /DNC but it was just quicker as /WAR, used RR GH Apoc and w/e temps i had incase it went ugly. If you just keep Slow Para Blind on the mobs it makes it easy, aftermath probobly sped it up for me but it wasn';t to bad. I popped the leech NM and held it for 20mins if there was competition, i've called GM's on players doing it and they just say 'He has dealt damage, it is not classed as holding' so yeah, made sense to me
 Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-08-28 16:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said: »

<Burn>

Just beacause it isnt against the rules dosent mean ppl arent *** for doing it.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-28 16:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I for one strive to be asshattish at least once a day in some shape/form/manner in game

It keeps the diabetes away
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-28 16:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zangada said: »

<Burn>

Just because you QQ about it doesn't mean you aren't an ***.

:D
 Bahamut.Zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2011-08-28 16:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

<Burn>

Who's QQing? You sent me tells all day crying cause i threatened to GM u lol
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-28 16:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

<Burn>

Who's QQing? You sent me tells all day crying cause i threatened to GM u lol

I think I just insulted (read, vulgar language) you and you said you were going to "GM me for that too."

Cool story, brah.

(leaving this thread as to not derail it anymore)

(hopefully)
 Asura.Theringer
Server: Asura
user: Theringer
By Asura.Theringer 2011-08-28 17:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

<Burn>

Me and friends were doing seals in Abyssea Miseraux .. blu friend died otw to NM from agro (He kinda a nooby to Abyssea) So we held for like.. 5 minutes for him to get back... We had a GM contact us to kill the NM or be punished ;/