By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-02-17 17:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tuvae said:
ulegrande range abyssea gold chests
Konschtat highlands gold chests
crour gear > npc
dominion weaposn > npc

Easy easy easy money.

this. Gils is so easy to come by these days. Unfortunately all the items that I really want, are rare/ex, go figure
 Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan
Leonardo da Clippi
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan 2011-02-17 17:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Step 1: Level THF
Step 2: Farm Abyssea NM Pop items to sell (some *** pay out the *** for them)
Step 3: Hoard Gold Pyxides for booty!
Lol, made me think of this O:
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-02-17 17:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said:
Unfortunately all the items that I really want, are rare/ex, go figure
That was the intention. Gil has been an ongoing problem for SE as they have a few quirks they never worked out of their system.
1: They don't like new gil entering the system.
2: They don't like RMT.
Removing the first has been a headache for everyone, causing things like the nerfing of the various bloods, bugard drops, remedy resale, etc. The second was pretty much complete when they all went to 14, but the nail in the coffin was that AF3 seals aren't tradable, Abyssea NM gear is mostly Rare/Ex, and the synergy gear (like Grim Harness and Juogi) is a stepping stone piece til AF3+1;+2 are complete. Is it working... sure, but I also think there is a bit of a deficiency in game content depth lately. "Go here, get pops, spawn NM, beat its ***, repeat in different zone." Sounds like sky with a time limit.
[+]
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Server: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2011-02-17 17:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Crystalchan said:
Valefor.Ryukuro said:
Step 1: Level THF
Step 2: Farm Abyssea NM Pop items to sell (some *** pay out the *** for them)
Step 3: Hoard Gold Pyxides for booty!
Lol, made me think of this O:
LMFAO! classic
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-17 18:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said:
Bismarck.Tuvae said:
ulegrande range abyssea gold chests
Konschtat highlands gold chests
crour gear > npc
dominion weaposn > npc

Easy easy easy money.

this. Gils is so easy to come by these days. Unfortunately all the items that I really want, are rare/ex, go figure

Agreed, in addition to selling pop items which people pay a lot for. Especially ones for common trials like Briarius.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-02-17 18:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said:
Bahamut.Dannyl said:
Unfortunately all the items that I really want, are rare/ex, go figure
That was the intention. Gil has been an ongoing problem for SE as they have a few quirks they never worked out of their system. 1: They don't like new gil entering the system. 2: They don't like RMT. Removing the first has been a headache for everyone, causing things like the nerfing of the various bloods, bugard drops, remedy resale, etc. The second was pretty much complete when they all went to 14, but the nail in the coffin was that AF3 seals aren't tradable, Abyssea NM gear is mostly Rare/Ex, and the synergy gear (like Grim Harness and Juogi) is a stepping stone piece til AF3+1;+2 are complete. Is it working... sure, but I also think there is a bit of a deficiency in game content depth lately. "Go here, get pops, spawn NM, beat its ***, repeat in different zone." Sounds like sky with a time limit.

You can still sell rare/ex gear, plenty of people including myself have paid for things like seals to be mercd.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-02-17 18:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
You can still sell rare/ex gear
While this is true, its not the norm. Many people can duo or trio the NMs they need for their gear. A decent percentage of jobs can solo their own NMs. Pick up group shouts for jewels, cards, coins and stones are fairly commonplace. From an {"Easy" gil with NPC selling standpoint}, my comment was on the basis that a lot of what made the economy of yesteryear has went away. You no longer require crafters to make your armor (whether it was the decent gear of hauby, SH+1, or cursed) most everyone has been reduced to consumable spamming.

It really makes me wonder if SE hasn't been trying to remove gil from the game entirely. I was honestly surprised when they raised Dom Note weapons from 1k to 2.5k because of NPCing. There isn't a lot of demand for gil outside of food, ammunitions and tools.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-17 18:45:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Get on a good Gold box job and farm Altepa for Tiger King's hide...depending on luck and if you have a friend or 2box but you could easily get a few of these in a short ammount of time.

Sell for 150k each on my server.
 Shiva.Phioness
Server: Shiva
user: Phioness
By Shiva.Phioness 2011-02-17 19:23:23
Link | Quote | Reply

@Kimikryo this one is for NPC sellable goods and AH Stuff.
Lvl Sam to 90 and thf to 45 for th2 then free up a bunch of space:
Kill crabs and Meat Maggots on bottom floors of Castle Oztroga in the rooms where Mee Deggi and Qoo Domi pop.

NPC Sellable
Crabs:
Land Crab Meat 3600 a stack and crabs drop up to 2
Crab Shells 400 a piece
AH Sellable
Meat Maggots:
Silk Thread 8000 a stack and sell very quick or craft into cloth and sell at 38,000 a stack or 4000 for singles
White rocks 3000 a piece
Steal silver beastcoins from yagudo and sell for 6000 a stack

Kills are quick and easy .... flee between each area to maximize time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-17 19:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Phioness said:
@Kimikryo this one is for NPC sellable goods and AH Stuff.
Lvl Sam to 90 and thf to 45 for th2 then free up a bunch of space:
Kill crabs and Meat Maggots on bottom floors of Castle Oztroga in the rooms where Mee Deggi and Qoo Domi pop.

NPC Sellable
Crabs:
Land Crab Meat 3600 a stack and crabs drop up to 2
Crab Shells 400 a piece
AH Sellable
Meat Maggots:
Silk Thread 8000 a stack and sell very quick or craft into cloth and sell at 38,000 a stack or 4000 for singles
White rocks 3000 a piece
Steal silver beastcoins from yagudo and sell for 6000 a stack

Kills are quick and easy .... flee between each area to maximize time.

Would make a lot more money simply selling pop items ;x
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-02-17 19:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
Would make a lot more money simply selling pop items ;x
This is true, but it's also not in keeping with the OP.
As for his take on NPCing drops, land crab meat does drop consistantly, and surprisingly sells for hundreds of gil, not simply a few tens. However, I recently stumbled upon a little surprise when I was in Riverne Site B02. Nimbus Hippogryphs are rather easy kills with anything that carries a weapon. I was doing a Trial weapon up there when I noticed that Hippogryph Feathers sell for 1.5k NPC each, and drop decently. Also, the Hippogryph Tailfeathers (which do not NPC, but bear with me) were used in the quest Fly High (x2 Tail Feathers = x1 Mistmelt) and the Mistmelt sells for 2k NPC. (Effectively making these 1k in value each) These also drop fairly consistantly, each mob being able to drop up to three.
If you're ever up there for an extended period of time, or have a Hippogryph trial, resist the urge to toss these. I made almost 80k off feathers.

[EDIT]: I was killing Strato Hippo's, not Nimbus, though they drop the feathers too, as do the ones in Grauberg

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-02-17 20:44:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
You can also farm Manta for their skins!
A good time, being decent gil per skin at a little over 1k, and good drop rates from Flying Manta in Labyrinth of Onzozo, but the fact that they do not stack really slams them into floor. Having 10-20 inventory spaces open to make 10-20k really punches the pocket in terms of time/money. Since getting to the areas where you can farm these takes time, and killing takes time, and zoning back to town to sell them takes time, you really need a bigger pay out than the pocket change that is 20k. It isn't a BAD idea, and it works for people who have Manta as trial targets or possibly farming BLU spells "Regeneration" and "Maelstrom", but I personally wouldn't partake.

[EDIT]: You can turn the skins into leather to make them stackable and keep the 1k/skin resale, but then you lose inventory to carry the crystals, water and tea leaves, not to mention the time and gil used to gather those materials.
 Asura.Jaybezz
Server: Asura
By Asura.Jaybezz 2011-02-17 21:03:30
Link | Quote | Reply

nice way 2 make gil is whm+thf, aby konschtat make sure u got 120 mins then kill 5-6 AVNM tier 1's for pearl lights 2 max it out,
then make the thf swap 2 MAB TP bonus atma's warp 2 flux 5 aggro/link all 14 Mesa Wivre's. Then A.edge burn them they repop 60 seconds or so, then farm the gold box's for dark rings (crappy aug or not still 33k) the odd scroll/pop item/KI's and also Wivre Maul's they dont stack but with the satchel+sack u have what 240 inv space on the move, basic thf inv 30-40 inv space that leaves u 170ish space(not counting dark rings spaces etc).

in a 2hour hardcore farm u "both" can walk away with 500k+ and all the KI's for the zone whiles if u want u could turn around and sell 2 some1

dont get azure or ruby light "at all" and u should see gold gold gold gold ^^

just my 2cent's ^^
[+]
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-02-17 21:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I would take along a BLU or BLM to build azure and help bring in some TE's. There are a lot of people who won't spend stones to make money... myself included. Hell, I make exp parties to push my time to 500+ minutes before doing NMs. If I don't HAVE to spend a stone, I won't.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-02-17 21:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I spend a lot of time standing in Jeuno because I just don't feel like doing anything or don't know what to do and am just looking at shouts. I have found that there's a lot of people that sell things on the auction house for less than they NPC for. Check up with wiki on the max NPC price of things that may cost less on the AH. I have sat and made a good 200k in a night just buying things and NPCing for more. I know what to look for after doing my research. I'll give you some hints supposing people do this on your server.

Normal quality elemental staves - 7,250 gil to NPC
Level 72 stat rings (diamond, ruby, etc) - 8,620 gil to NPC
Blizzard/Thunder 3 scrolls - 2,882/3,138 gil to NPC
Warding Round/Goddess's Hymnus scrolls - 1,306/2,460 gil to NPC
"Succor to the Sidhe" augmentable weapons - 4,729 gil to NPC
Dance shoes - 7,112 gil to NPC
Dragon leggings - 5,214 gil to NPC

There's a lot more things, if you have spare time, waiting for a shout, just bored out of your mind, browse wiki for NPC prices of little things that sell for only 2-5k on AH. I can usually make anywhere from 500-3000 gil profit from most of these items because I guess people just don't check the NPC first. Every little bit adds up, sometimes you can buy up 10+ elemental staves for 5-6k at a time. It might seem time consuming but it's just an easy way to make money while you're not doing anything else. Check out magic scrolls, craftable gear sets (Errant, Adaman, Arhat's, to name a few). Some Dynamis items like infinity cores and sparkling stones are a decent profit to buy and NPC as well but these are a bit more widely known about and people tend to camp them whenever they're up. Make a list of things you know you can profit on and keep an eye out for them whenever you have some spare time at the auction house.

One more thing I just remembered, the cheap little accessories and things that drop from the low tier Abyssea seal NMs. Bloodgem Earrings, Cenobite's Coiffes, etc. A lot of those drops seem to NPC for around 7k but because the supply is so high from people spamming for seals, they tend to sell for around 4-5k on AH. They're rare so you can only grab one at a time but there's NPCs near the Jeuno AH's to sell to. Synth materials that are commonly found in gold boxes in Abyssea are also generally worth a little bit more than AH price because people flood the market. Siren's Hair, Damascene Cloth, to name a few.

Edit: I haven't used this method in a little while and some of the older craftables may not be as profitable anymore due to lack of supply/demand since everyone just seems to Abyssea burn from 30-90 and skip the need for the 50-75 level gear. However there are still some dumb crafters that skillup on these or attempt to HQ and will dump their NQs on the auction house for cheaper than NPC.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kimikryo
Server: Bahamut
user: kimikryo
By Bahamut.Kimikryo 2011-02-19 10:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you everyone, I gonna look a t everything you suggested, and look whats the best for me :)

atm I a leveling thf but, with abyssea raping the normal partys its hard to level up as fast as I am used to ^^

@low man dyna:
I know my way around as tank, seldom got my *** handed to me by a single mnk mob, but, do you really still need tanks in low manning?
I guess you'll need a god RDM90, best a THF90, bunch of BLMs and heavy DDs
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-02-19 11:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Step 1: Go behind the gold door in SSG.
Step 2: Kill everything.
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit.

[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-19 11:28:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kimikryo said:
Thank you everyone, I gonna look a t everything you suggested, and look whats the best for me :)

atm I a leveling thf but, with abyssea raping the normal partys its hard to level up as fast as I am used to ^^

@low man dyna:
I know my way around as tank, seldom got my *** handed to me by a single mnk mob, but, do you really still need tanks in low manning?
I guess you'll need a god RDM90, best a THF90, bunch of BLMs and heavy DDs
Assuming the people you want to low-man with are not terrible at this game, any DD can tank any mob in dyna. Get a TH6 thf to tag everything, a good whm, 1-3 BLM, maybe a rdm, and some DDs.