Elemental Torque / Belt
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-17 07:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Disquoveri said:
Thanks for the replies ^^ I -can- crunch the numbers myself but I'm lazy and I really just wondered if there was a new general consensus... But now I suppose I should still aim to obtain either a snow/aqua belt.... Ugh Isgebind :< Anyways thank you :D

Also, Isgebind is obnoxiously easy (especially compared to other zone wyrms). If you were on Rag I would be happy to hook you up. We have done him with thf whm nin blm war and i am confident you could with far less (we sometimes have more trouble with Kur). Aga spam is the biggest problem (addle could help I guess?) closely followed by the para aura. GL!

Soil Belt is the one I'm worried about :/ That cactuar can 60k needles and Im pretty sure that would be a waste of a brew pretty fast :x That NM i would love any advice on :|
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-17 08:40:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Migawari helps, or Reaving Wind. We've pulled him after brewing Rani a couple times and never had any issue killing him though, no matter who was brewing.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-17 09:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Migawari helps, or Reaving Wind. We've pulled him after brewing Rani a couple times and never had any issue killing him though, no matter who was brewing.

Thanks a million!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-17 09:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have 7 people stand in range, he can't kill the brewer even if he uses ??? Needles.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-17 13:09:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
If you have 7 people stand in range, he can't kill the brewer even if he uses ??? Needles.

64,000/7 = >3k?
 Fenrir.Thandar
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2011-02-17 13:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

64/7 = 9,100~ < 9,999.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-17 13:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

So the brewer survives but the other 6 people die. Then the next needles = death?

I'm not trying to be obtuse but I don't particularly want to use a brew only to die :x
 Lakshmi.Pandabeary
Server: Lakshmi
user: Amara
By Lakshmi.Pandabeary 2011-02-17 13:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Summoner + Alexander, no issues.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-17 14:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Would a fool's drink work as well?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-17 14:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Would a fool's drink work as well?
Fanatics since needle moves are physically shooting them at ya "needle shot, 1000 needles etc" edit* if two people have powders then you have 2 minutes of immunity from that line of tp moves for the entire party though one minute should be enough Fanatic's Powder drops from gold chests (any size) in any abyssea zone, worth saving for fights like this

Oh, I looked up 1000 needles on wiki and it was listed as Magic(Light) and "Magical - Plantoids". I'm no blue mage, but I assumed if it was physical it would have been listed as such :x

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Thandar
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2011-02-17 15:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Reraise + WHM can heal weak + stupid Hugh regen from brew.

And all that stuff.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-17 15:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
This is the reason I said it was physical, got you some evidence instead of just my opinion All I have on is earth staff, and without it 1 min before I got hit for 1000 dmg

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like "SS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN" I just meant "I don't know ***about blu, it suprises me that it's physical". I mean it even proc's red is all :x Thanks for the evidence now though so i have nothing to doubt.

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-02-17 16:41:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Needles is weird in that the original spell is physical but the blu spell is magical. SE, go figure.

As for the needles, i'm pretty sure brew gives you some sort of very high dmg reduction so you shouldn't need to worry about needles. And apparently you can't use fanatics/fools while under the effect of brew so you're out of luck there.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-17 17:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

1000 is physical but SE made the blu version magical just to *** with blus.

As far as the ??? I've heard of 2 blus duoing it just raping its tp all the time.

Nin of course has that broken spell and can just RR and 2hr
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-18 07:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Needles is weird in that the original spell is physical but the blu spell is magical. SE, go figure. As for the needles, i'm pretty sure brew gives you some sort of very high dmg reduction so you shouldn't need to worry about needles. And apparently you can't use fanatics/fools while under the effect of brew so you're out of luck there.
Bahamut.Dasva said:
1000 is physical but SE made the blu version magical just to *** with blus. As far as the ??? I've heard of 2 blus duoing it just raping its tp all the time. Nin of course has that broken spell and can just RR and 2hr

This seems contrary to what Josiah posted in that screenshot :|
This is why blue mages are evil evil creatures <,<
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-18 07:36:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Unicorn.Tarowyn said:
Needles is weird in that the original spell is physical but the blu spell is magical. SE, go figure. As for the needles, i'm pretty sure brew gives you some sort of very high dmg reduction so you shouldn't need to worry about needles. And apparently you can't use fanatics/fools while under the effect of brew so you're out of luck there.
Bahamut.Dasva said:
1000 is physical but SE made the blu version magical just to *** with blus. As far as the ??? I've heard of 2 blus duoing it just raping its tp all the time. Nin of course has that broken spell and can just RR and 2hr
This seems contrary to what Josiah posted in that screenshot :|
This is why blue mages are evil evil creatures <,<
Unless blus have found a way to look like a cactuar and use spells instead of cast them and pvp in altepa I don't see how it does.

Otherwise I'm pretty sure that was an actually cactuar using it therefore physical like we said
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-18 08:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait wait wait.... so if you PVP'ed against a blu you would take magic damage instead but on the mob it still counts as physical? what the crap :|
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-18 08:06:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Wait wait wait.... so if you PVP'ed against a blu you would take magic damage instead but on the mob it still counts as physical? what the crap :|
Mob move = physical

blu spell = magic. What's really crap about it is it allows SE to play with it's resist rate to make it hard to land even though 1k dmg isn't really that much.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-18 16:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Psh he's the one that brought up a cactuar using a move contradicts the blu version being magical... thats the only conceivable way that screenshot could do that even if it is very convoluted
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-02-26 09:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

For reference:

Fanatic's didn't work. I took a 5k ??? needles but I just so happened to hit his red weakness soon after and kill before he unweak. Yay for another belt and sachet for storage XD
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-26 09:49:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be that that version is magical. Discord is and reduced by shell iirc.

An SE is weird about abyssea... I had fanatics stop garuda VNM 2hr the other day...
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-26 10:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

fanatic's drink has always had that awkward effect of blocking out most magic-related moves (while in-turn, fool's drink makes even more worthless than what it's made out to be)

gates of hades, fulmination, nerve gas, etc, nearly all the treasures of aht urhgan kings' tp moves are magic damage, but fanatic's drink doesn't give a *** and makes them all do zero anyways (in nizzle izzle)
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-26 10:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fools is nice for blocking pretty much all debuffs though. Take that enamnesia!
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-02-26 10:22:26
Link | Quote | Reply

yup