Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI Ultimate Collection
FFXI Ultimate Collection
 Asura.Cyssero
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Miliani85
By Asura.Cyssero 2011-02-16 07:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, just recently came back to the game and bought the FFXI Ultimate Collection from Steam. My question for anyone that can help is how do I install the add-on expansions? I already did the one-time registration thing, but every time I log on, I get a screen that tells me the expansions aren't installed. All of the major expansions installed fine, but the add-ons did not. I know I'm probably missing something obvious, so if anyone has the answer, I'd greatly appreciate it.
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-02-16 08:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

They should have been activated when you used your cdkey to register for the addons.

It's not immediate though so give it a few minutes.
 Asura.Cyssero
Server: Asura
user: Miliani85
By Asura.Cyssero 2011-02-16 08:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll check it when I get home, just thought it was weird every other expansion loaded properly (FFXI was never installed before on this PC) except the add-ons.
 Bahamut.Kimikryo
Server: Bahamut
user: kimikryo
By Bahamut.Kimikryo 2011-02-16 19:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope its ok to ask here this

Can one buy over steam the ultimate ed, use the key on an old account i already have spare 2 small add ons and nexus cape, and use the remaining blah for a new account?

If this works I get the steam version for low money ^^
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-16 19:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

unfortunately i think you have to use it all on the same account.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2011-02-16 19:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kimikryo said:
I hope its ok to ask here this

Can one buy over steam the ultimate ed, use the key on an old account i already have spare 2 small add ons and nexus cape, and use the remaining blah for a new account?

If this works I get the steam version for low money ^^

I was thinking about buying this off of Steam myself. I did a little research and found out that you need to start the FFXI download inside Steam, pause it and then right click to select "View CD Key" to see your registration code. After that you cancel the download and input the registration code into PlayOnline like normal.

Edit- You're only given 1 registration code as far as I know, so you can only use it for one account.
 Bahamut.Kimikryo
Server: Bahamut
user: kimikryo
By Bahamut.Kimikryo 2011-02-16 19:30:53
Link | Quote | Reply

well thats the downside of "single cd keys" for a lot of expansions

well might get that on my account where ToAU and WoTG and all other add ons still are missing
steam, why easy when you can have it the hard way ^^