New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Media » FFXIV Pads - Character Tracker using Lodestone
FFXIV Pads - Character Tracker using Lodestone
By premiumvirtue 2011-02-15 18:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Pro Memebers!

I have been working on this for a couple month now and its going very well, got many characters added to it and a lot of interest, so posting here to get some more further input.

FFXIV Lodestone Pads (beta)
A XIV Pad is simply put a Webpage (Pad) with data related to your character (all pulled from Lodestone). What is different from Lodestone is that this pad will track your progress over time and generate a timeline of events. These will state information of what you get up to, rank, gain mass SP, defeat a Notorious Monster! It will also give you estimated times till you hit Rank 50 as well as "To-50" progress bars, even a "all-to-50" progress bar!

So here is my Pad:
Premium Virtue - Besaid

Others:
Wooba Harrower
Tragic Nate

A Character Pad involves sections displaying:
  • Header with the general profile data, City/Race/Avatar etc, Also included is mugshots for personal touch to see what your character looks like!

• Information of what linkshell you're in with link to the new linkshell pages!

• A Friends List (Still in development so I wont go into this)

• SP Gains showing how much you've gained in total so far for that class with estimates of when you will hit rank 50. Calculation provided in hover.

• Charts and Graphs to show graphically your progression. How these work is by showing the SP Gains per segment of when you gain a bulk, keep it level or increasing you're doing better!

• Daily SP Gains so you see how much you gained per class on that specific date, same day gains will bulk up and display different color.

• Timeline, this displays events that happen as you update, such things as: quests complete, guildskills gained, defeat notorious monster, rank up, gain SP etc!

• A Skill bar representation with current rank bars and to rank 50 bars

• Achivements table, (some of it linked to YG] display all the "History" from lodestone in a nice table format

• Gear sets which is linked to YG with additional Gear Pages to preview that set

Gear sets is manual as not on Lodestone, but here is an example:
Premium Virtue (Gear: Alchemist)

NEW! Linkshell Pads! Woooo
Linkshell pads are similar to character pads, only for linkshells! *audience goes ooooo* hah, so this is still a work in progress, Anyone can add any linkshell but they must know the URL, only members/leaders/master will know URL of your linkshell unless you go passing it around. When a Linkshell is added only Leaders and Masters can Update/Manage it, it will collect the member list but only active Pads members will be provided with the best detailed information (I cant go parsing SE's servers when some shells have 100+ members!)

Click here to view: XIV Linkshell List

LSPad Examples:
WithFrostedLS - Besaid
The Star Onions - Lindblum

A linkshell Pad supplies:
  • Banner option as linkshells always take a nice "LS Picture" or you can put your website banner on! (These resize to 720px width)

• Big title across banner which animates away when mouse hovers over banner, this also displays total member count

• Information displayed on the left representing: Server, Master, total Leaders and Total Members

• Also in Information is option to add Web Page and put a description! You can also set the recruitment status and the kind of activities your linkshell does

• On the right is the event system, similar to pads but as there is very limited events it will style different. Right now it monitors New Members and Promotions

• A XIVPads member list displaying top classes per character, their pads events, when they was last updated and their linkshell status

• We also have a Pads Events which shows activity within the past 24hrs from XIVPads members related to this linkshell

• And finally for all members not on pads there is a big box which tables them all so you can get them signed up!

So as you can see it has a lot of statistical and fun information for character progression, you might like it! I update almost everyday and my to-do-list is packed with member suggestions.

Another Great Feature:
XIVPads is open source, you can download the entire site and use it on your own website, I've also built other scripts for linkshell roosters or simple parse scripts.
(All PHP5+, requires curl) These can all be found on GitHub so feel free to get stuck in. If you want any of my codes on your own site but not sure how to do it, just hit me up on MSN or Email and I will sort it all out!

And to finish off, if you like the site, but feel it is to public with your character data, there are many privacy options in when you're logged in which can: Hide your char, Hide from people outside your server, Password protect, etc.

Hope you like!
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
Game: FFXI
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2011-02-15 18:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Intresting post, and intresting thing. I give you a "Good job". XD
By SizeMatters 2011-02-15 21:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Size Matters
Cool site ^^
By sefirot 2011-02-16 07:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

ive been using for like a month + now. pretty cool thing
By premiumvirtue 2011-02-16 10:12:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Hah Glad some of you heard of it.

Hey Size Matters ^^
By SizeMatters 2011-02-17 04:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

hi ^^ i like how we can update it every 3 hours
By LadySaeko 2011-02-17 05:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

tyvm ^^ I like all the detail & having all that progress shown on one page like that.

Titan.Cilla
Server: Titan
user: Cylla
By Titan.Cilla 2011-02-17 07:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm liking it so far :) Good job!
By premiumvirtue 2011-02-17 16:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you :D more updates be this weekend!
By KiranRedtail 2011-02-20 08:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I would definitely contribute patches/code if the source was moved to googlecode/github instead of being in a zip file, FYI :)
By premiumvirtue 2011-02-21 19:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be awesome to have others be able to work on it, if enough people enjoy adding to it (as well as cleaning haha) I will buy its own domain. Hopefully people have some very good uses/ideas.

I will upload to Github tomorrow and start running it through there.
By premiumvirtue 2011-03-08 21:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I've now added in linkshell support :D Linkshell Pad!
 Quetzalcoatl.Shapiro
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Shapiro
By Quetzalcoatl.Shapiro 2011-03-09 08:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

awesome site, thanks for it ^^