Hakutaku Can Be Solo/duo/trio @ Lv90?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Hakutaku can be solo/duo/trio @ lv90?
Hakutaku can be solo/duo/trio @ lv90?
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-14 13:49:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said:
Optical hat is still a very good evasion piece. Yes, fugacity beret and others trump it, only slightly, but Ohat is still essentially easier to obtain.
Empress/emperor hairpin offer slightly more evasoin and are MUCH easier to get. Wivre mask is the same but offers some def HQ is more... Cost all of about 20k on the ah and I've even seen it with 3 haste on it.
 Leviathan.Tamian
Server: Leviathan
user: Jumatelo
By Leviathan.Tamian 2011-02-14 13:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Teleniel said:
Pld/Dnc or Pld/Rdm can probably solo him, although Pld/Dnc + Rdm/Whm would be much safer

honestly he's really not that bad, he wasn't that bad at 75 as long as you could get bar-fire and be able to avoid petro/paralyze.

I could go PLD/rdm with magic resist gear (full IR, lamia mantle +1, mermans earrings...)
 Siren.Eremes
Server: Siren
user: Eremes
By Siren.Eremes 2011-02-14 13:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Siren.Itachi said:
Optical hat is still a very good evasion piece. Yes, fugacity beret and others trump it, only slightly, but Ohat is still essentially easier to obtain.
Empress/emperor hairpin offer slightly more evasoin and are MUCH easier to get. Wivre mask is the same but offers some def HQ is more... Cost all of about 20k on the ah and I've even seen it with 3 haste on it.

But then there's the fact that it offers significantly less accuracy. If you're in a full evasion set, chances are (at least for my evasion set) you're not wearing a ton of accuracy. I'd trade 1.5 additional evasion, especially on THF, for 8.5 accuracy, but I do suppose the hairpin would be "easier" to get in the traditional sense. I'm 0/14 on it to this day, though, and stopped caring when I got Enikdu's Cap ages ago.

As for a lowman setup, you could easily do Hakutaku with a healer and probably a a Ninja or Dancer. I don't know how effective Violent Flourish is on it, but if it works, you wouldn't even need a stunner (and I'm not entirely sure you need a stunner at all at 90).
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-14 14:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

People still gear for acc when not skilling up with under lvl'd skill...?
By sandolphonasura 2011-02-14 14:06:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Mmbacon said:
Siren.Itachi said:
When considering the level difference, I'd like to say an experienced and skilled BLU would be able to solo it but it might be difficult. Edit: Also, you wouldn't have to keep it silenced; you could just head butt stun the spells. If I remember correctly, he doesn't have any fact cast and his casting time is rather long.
He is resistant to Physical based stuns.
He's definitely not. I stunned probably ~20 nukes while we were fighting him with Headbutt. I was the only stunner.
 Leviathan.Tamian
Server: Leviathan
user: Jumatelo
By Leviathan.Tamian 2011-02-17 08:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I got the items last night and i believe there is a 2% break rate.... imagine my luck that the damn synth failed wtf lol. Cost 60k all the items so it is not that bad..

Just want to say thanks to Fuzball and laylow in Leviathan for the help. Hopefully we can try again today. Might farm the items this time.