Hakutaku Can Be Solo/duo/trio @ Lv90?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Hakutaku can be solo/duo/trio @ lv90?
Hakutaku can be solo/duo/trio @ lv90?
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Tamian
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Jumatelo
By Leviathan.Tamian 2011-02-14 10:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leveling THF now and looking to get optical hat. Never fought Hakutaku before and have no idea about setup or anything. Ppl now is too busy with abyss to want to make a run. I guess keep it silenced is huge, but besides that I am not sure how to approach the fight.

Assuming I can get a combination of RDM, BLU, PLD, SAM, DRG, BST, WAR and BLM, all 90's, can it be done by 2-3 of these jobs?

Thanks for the help!
 Siren.Itachi
Server: Siren
By Siren.Itachi 2011-02-14 10:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

A level 75 bst was able to solo it using the pets around the pop spot. It was even easier to duo this way. I'm 99% positive that it can now be soloed by bst using 1 or 2 Nursery Nazunas at 90.
[+]
 Ifrit.Daemun
Server: Ifrit
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2011-02-14 10:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

LV 75 RDM can solo it, so I would assume a decent duo/trio at level 90 should have no problems
[+]
 Cerberus.Starr
Server: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-02-14 10:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

What use is OHAT anymore?
 Cerberus.Starr
Server: Cerberus
user: Starr
By Cerberus.Starr 2011-02-14 10:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

RAcc I hope you want it for.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2011-02-14 10:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Optical hat is still a very good evasion piece. Yes, fugacity beret and others trump it, only slightly, but Ohat is still essentially easier to obtain.
[+]
By Fodder 2011-02-14 10:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy solo by 90 bst
 Leviathan.Tamian
By Leviathan.Tamian 2011-02-14 10:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not planning to abyss burn my THF, specially now that SE will increase exp from mobs outside abyss, so I want to have the best gear for the levels I can get for pt.

I have Emperor hairpin, but wouldn't hurt to get the extra acc from the hat.

Can a BLU solo it by keeping in silenced?
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2011-02-14 10:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

When considering the level difference, I'd like to say an experienced and skilled BLU would be able to solo it but it might be difficult.

Edit: Also, you wouldn't have to keep it silenced; you could just head butt stun the spells. If I remember correctly, he doesn't have any fact cast and his casting time is rather long.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-14 10:48:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tamian said:
I am not planning to abyss burn my THF, specially now that SE will increase exp from mobs outside abyss, so I want to have the best gear for the levels I can get for pt.
Why would you not want to Aby-burn thf to 90?
 Leviathan.Tamian
By Leviathan.Tamian 2011-02-14 10:57:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
Leviathan.Tamian said:
Why would you not want to Aby-burn thf to 90?

I am not saying I haven't use abyss to level my PLD, DRG, SAM and BLU to 90, but that was after I had them all 75 or higher.

I believe in leveling your job the right way, have fun while you do it and learn how to play it. Skill up while you are leveling also helps a lot. Abyss is plain and simple boring as hell, ppl going afk for hours or jobs with skills below 200 not hitting the mob...
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2011-02-14 11:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't make you superior or inferior to level your job with Way A or Way B but at least for now, abyssea exp is the quickest and most time efficient way to level. You really should take advantage of it. What may make you an inferior player, or anyone for that matter, is not taking the time to research the mechanics of the job you "key whored" or "leeched" in abyssea. That or asking someone else to just inform you of all the mechanics of a job. I'm not saying that's what you, the OP, are doing but you are not using your time wisely to avoid this happening, from what I can tell, OR you may just enjoy playing the game your way. I don't tell others how to enjoy a game but I will let them know how they could play better.
[+]
 Asura.Darkultima
Server: Asura
By Asura.Darkultima 2011-02-14 11:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said:
Optical hat is still a very good evasion piece. Yes, fugacity beret and others trump it, only slightly, but Ohat is still essentially easier to obtain.
Easier? and how?
Even empress hairpin beat it, it can be bought for a pityful price or camped 1hr to have it.
 Leviathan.Tamian
By Leviathan.Tamian 2011-02-14 11:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said:
It doesn't make you superior or inferior to level your job with Way A or Way B but at least for now, abyssea exp is the quickest and most time efficient way to level. You really should take advantage of it. What may make you an inferior player, or anyone for that matter, is not taking the time to research the mechanics of the job you "key whored" or "leeched" in abyssea. That or asking someone else to just inform you of all the mechanics of a job. I'm not saying that's what you, the OP, are doing but you are not using your time wisely to avoid this happening, from what I can tell, OR you may just enjoy playing the game your way. I don't tell others how to enjoy a game but I will let them know how they could play better.

I apologize if I sounded offensive. Wasn't trying to tell anybody how to play the game, just they way I like and the time let me play it. Everyone pays to play this game so nobody should tell the other how to play or have fun with it.

I'll give Hakutaku a try after update with my BLU and see how it goes. Still need pop item, hopefully someone in upjeuno has it..
 Siren.Itachi
By Siren.Itachi 2011-02-14 11:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I wasn't taking into account all evasion pieces when debating which is easier to obtain. I only took into account Fugacity Beret and Optical Hat here. I believe most people could agree with me when I say Optical Hat is easier to obtain than Fugacity Beret. Unless, you're willing to pay for the 800k-1mil+ price tag or do Walk of Echos Conflux 3 often.
 Siren.Avina
user: Avina
By Siren.Avina 2011-02-14 11:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tamian said:
Siren.Itachi said:

I apologize if I sounded offensive. Wasn't trying to tell anybody how to play the game, just they way I like and the time let me play it. Everyone pays to play this game so nobody should tell the other how to play or have fun with it.

I'll give Hakutaku a try after update with my BLU and see how it goes. Still need pop item, hopefully someone in upjeuno has it..

I actually enjoy 6-man party more than Abyssea, tbh. I absolutely loved leveling my THF through the 6-man setup, and I do feel it helped me to learn the job better. Obviously its more important to understand the strategy of the job and the role it plays in a party/alliance, but I think actually going through the repetition and the 'motions' so to speak really cement that understanding... I've certainly known people who have played the game for years and Abyssea burned jobs and I've noticed they just aren't as quick to react on their new jobs (they have to think about it more).

That being said you don't need to actually do 6-man to get this experience, you can abyssea burn the job and if you play it enough you'll figure it all all anyways, I just like to know it by the time I level it into the high levels what I'm actually doing lol. That and, its nice to skill up along the way as well... and also just playing the game. I haven't key whored yet not because I think it's inferior or anything but I find the idea of it to be extremely boring lol.
 Alexander.Sumo
Server: Alexander
user: sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2011-02-14 11:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

From the Mini-February update.
Quote:
~Combat and magic skill increase conditions have been reworked. *This adjustment will also apply to automatons. Skills may now be increased to their caps by fighting foes rated "Decent Challenge" or stronger. Skills will rise more rapidly, and larger values will accompany each skill increase.
If this is as good as I hope it will be, then Aby-burning jobs should hopefully produce less gimps so long as the majority actually make an effort to skill. I'd go ahead with burning THF up and filling it in later but that's just me. By all means, if you feel that doing it the "right way" is better then have a ball ^.^

*Edit* BTW, I absolutely raped Hakutaku with a WHM friend of mine while I was on Monk. It was a joke.
 Leviathan.Tamian
By Leviathan.Tamian 2011-02-14 11:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I actually enjoy 6-man party more than Abyssea, tbh. I absolutely loved leveling my THF through the 6-man setup, and I do feel it helped me to learn the job better. Obviously its more important to understand the strategy of the job and the role it plays in a party/alliance, but I think actually going through the repetition and the 'motions' so to speak really cement that understanding... I've certainly known people who have played the game for years and Abyssea burned jobs and I've noticed they just aren't as quick to react on their new jobs (they have to think about it more).

That being said you don't need to actually do 6-man to get this experience, you can abyssea burn the job and if you play it enough you'll figure it all all anyways, I just like to know it by the time I level it into the high levels what I'm actually doing lol. That and, its nice to skill up along the way as well... and also just playing the game. I haven't key whored yet not because I think it's inferior or anything but I find the idea of it to be extremely boring lol.

My feelings exactly. Well said. I am loving THF too, and the fact that I get to farm items and get a little gil out of the fights.
 Bahamut.Zoltar
Server: Bahamut
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-02-14 11:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember this fight being less about the NM and more about crowd control. A lot of aggro in that area so be careful.
 Leviathan.Tamian
By Leviathan.Tamian 2011-02-14 11:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:
I remember this fight being less about the NM and more about crowd control. A lot of aggro in that area so be careful.

Ya I ended my point before, but wanted to say that to Avina.

Oh, and another reason why I want the "pointy hat" is because it looks awesome on you... or not... lol
 Asura.Sandolphon
By Asura.Sandolphon 2011-02-14 11:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, I just did this fight a couple weeks ago, we went blu, thf, pld, mnk, rdm, but that was overkill. Couldve been done blu, pld, rdm. Pld on Hakutaku the entire time, rdm healing, and blu stunning the nukes. Oh, and the pld was only 85 with none of that sexy AF3+2 gear. Good luck!
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-02-14 11:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be at 75.
 Leviathan.Fuzball
user: Fuzball
By Leviathan.Fuzball 2011-02-14 12:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Tamian

Look me up in game tonight if you want to get your O-hat. Would be a fun duo. If you need to farm some/all of the eyes for the cluster we could do that as well. I agree that the O-hat is still a nice piece especially if you want to level multiple jobs outside abyssea.
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-02-14 13:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I was able to get it to 70ish% solo on NIN/DRK at 75, so I'm sure it would be very possible to do at 90 with NIN/DNC or /RDM.

RDM and BST have been soloing it for years at 75.

BLU would probably have a shot at it, but I don't think it'll be a breeze. You might need to do some kiting/regurgitation spam once MP gets low.
[+]
 Leviathan.Tamian
By Leviathan.Tamian 2011-02-14 13:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Fuzball said:
Tamian

Look me up in game tonight if you want to get your O-hat. Would be a fun duo. If you need to farm some/all of the eyes for the cluster we could do that as well. I agree that the O-hat is still a nice piece especially if you want to level multiple jobs outside abyssea.

Will do Fuz. I'll be on after update. Thanks!
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-02-14 13:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say getting the pop item is 100x harder than the actual NM these days.
Also I think you could bank off Flare if it drops.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-02-14 13:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

bst solo with reward merits at 90, best if using 90 pet bloodclaw shashara couerl (red tiger) , kinda over kill
 Diabolos.Mmbacon
Server: Diabolos
user: Mmbacon
By Diabolos.Mmbacon 2011-02-14 13:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Itachi said:
When considering the level difference, I'd like to say an experienced and skilled BLU would be able to solo it but it might be difficult. Edit: Also, you wouldn't have to keep it silenced; you could just head butt stun the spells. If I remember correctly, he doesn't have any fact cast and his casting time is rather long.

He is resistant to Physical based stuns.
 Asura.Teleniel
user: Teleniel
By Asura.Teleniel 2011-02-14 13:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Pld/Dnc or Pld/Rdm can probably solo him, although Pld/Dnc + Rdm/Whm would be much safer

honestly he's really not that bad, he wasn't that bad at 75 as long as you could get bar-fire and be able to avoid petro/paralyze.
First Page 2