!! On Shinryu Problems?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » !! on Shinryu problems?
!! on Shinryu problems?
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-02-13 02:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else have a rediculous amount of trouble proc'ing !! on Shinryu? Was Staff just a min ago and we had 2 Wars with regain atmas and staves going through all the staff WS. Must have done them each 4 times at least, a few of them more than that. I've done a lot of proc'ing on giants, and it seems like even more of a *** then Ironclads. 95% of the WS I would have staked my life on that they were clean but we just couldn't *** get it. Most of the time we get it fairly early, but this time...***!.
 Asura.Xenophire
Server: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-02-13 02:49:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Keep in mind, Shinryu's normal attacks are TP moves, and there seems to be a few seconds for spells and attacks to be clean afterwards. We did an Atma run and it was Earth Crusher. Must have used Earth Crusher 7 times before it was clean. All about timing.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-02-13 02:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said:
Keep in mind, Shinryu's normal attacks are TP moves, and there seems to be a few seconds for spells and attacks to be clean afterwards. We did an Atma run and it was Earth Crusher. Must have used Earth Crusher 7 times before it was clean. All about timing.

Yea I know, that's why I used the Iron Giant reference.
[+]
By Finality 2011-02-13 02:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did the fight got !!'s no problem. Just make sure; not during tp, not during casting, not while he's swinging his arms. GL w/ the bc.
By Mystogan 2011-02-13 03:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

its all about timing, other then that you do everything right. i say keep trying and gl.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-13 03:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I swear different weaponskills or perhaps weaponskills of different types have different delays effecting your timing. Like I can do the exact same timing on some and get it everytime but then go and do archery.. and yeah not so much
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-02-13 03:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

lag plays a huge role too.

something that looks clean to you may look completely off to someone else.

[+]
 Leviathan.Melisenna
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Melisenna 2011-03-02 00:22:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive only had this issue, and ive heard the same from someone else with staff ws's.
Anyone else having issues with other types?
 Bismarck.Themuffingirl
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Themuffingirl 2011-03-07 04:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Had this problem earlier today with staff too. Couldn't proc, tried each WS at least 3-4 times and a couple even more. Figured, I'll just pop a brew and try to proc while I brew then and still zero luck. Have had no trouble when it was any other weapon type.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-03-07 05:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

When hes stationary is considered when his "TP" move is done being used.
 Fenrir.Momohko
Server: Fenrir
user: noriko
By Fenrir.Momohko 2011-03-07 05:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I notice sometimes to with diff mobs it will be swinging on my screen but not on my bf screen we play next to each other and iron giants and i beleive shin has done this in the past has been pain for triggering but nothing severe lol gl~ mebbe have tank turn his back for minimal tp feed?
 Cerberus.Xcaliber
Server: Cerberus
user: Xcaliber7
By Cerberus.Xcaliber 2011-03-11 08:10:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm 7/8 on Shinryu drops minus the cloak being that I gave my cloak drop to a friend because I am not a mage player...but anyway! back to the proc issue...I am always the MNK tank being that i have all blunt ws's for blue on MNK minus Hexa Strike which is WHM exclusive anyway...I would say I have proc'd Shinryu over 30 times? Inside and outside of my static...I've had at least 2-3 instances where I could not proc blue for the life of me during staff and or club. So I finally figured out the problem...okay so when you swap weapons while being hit by this SOB or while being cast on sometimes you will get a glitch in where you are holding a staff but if you look at your ws list you will notice you have H2H ws's! (this is an example for me as a MNK proc/tank) and you will not have acess to staff ws's until you change a piece of gear to reset them...so in theory you may switch to staff or club and have staff and club ws's but maybe just maybe the ws's will not register as such! So every time I switch weapons to proc I switch my body armor after changing my weapons to reset my character so I know my ws's will register as such...since I started doing that I've had 0 proc issues on Shinryu.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-03-11 08:13:14
Link | Quote | Reply

suck less?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Xcaliber
By Cerberus.Xcaliber 2011-03-11 08:21:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This has been a known issue since the last major update which introduced the 3 newest areas + shinryu. I have seen SS's from friends in which they were holding staffs yet they had their ws list open revealing nothing but h2h ws's or w/e ws's from the weapon they last held while wielding their newly swapped in weapons. It is not lag time either because you will be unable to obtain the right ws's until you swap a piece of gear.

Cerberus.Xcaliber
By Cerberus.Xcaliber 2011-03-11 08:24:13
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Caitsith.Nermie
Server: Caitsith
user: rouzbie
By Caitsith.Nermie 2011-03-11 08:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I've had that problem on WAR plenty of times. Didn't realize that changing body piece fixed it. I've had to type //freezebite and //shadowofdeath ...

Also didn't realize that there's a new infobar update