Forum » FFXI » General » Error Code:POL-5313
Error Code:POL-5313
 Shiva.Evkim
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Evkim
By Shiva.Evkim 2011-02-11 17:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

"Becuase the gamer profile you are signed into XBox Live with is linked to another PlayOnline ID, you will not be able to perform ID linking. Please sign in with a different gamer profile"

I play on Xbox 360, I had an account about 10months ago but had since quit and deleted all info on it and even wiped the game from my hardrive. now i want to return and after re purchasing the game and putting new CC info and everything im greeted to this msg upon loging in.. does anyone know how to fix this? Id really appreciate any assistance. Thank you :)
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-02-11 17:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you change your gamer profile, perhaps? :P
 Shiva.Evkim
By Shiva.Evkim 2011-02-11 17:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Gamer profile? do you mean my xbox live account?
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-11 17:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Evkim said:
Gamer profile? do you mean my xbox live account?
Yes. An xbox account can only be linked to one POL account forever.
 Shiva.Evkim
By Shiva.Evkim 2011-02-11 17:30:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So all i would have to do is change my xbox live name? i dont even think you can do that can you?
 Ramuh.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-11 17:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Evkim said:
So all i would have to do is change my xbox live name? i dont even think you can do that can you?
You have to create a new xbox live account. Changing the name won't do anything since it's still the same base account.
 Shiva.Evkim
By Shiva.Evkim 2011-02-11 17:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm kinda confused, so if someone on xbox live quits and wants to come back they cant without making a new xboxlive account?
 Shiva.Lexicon
user: Lexicon
By Shiva.Lexicon 2011-02-11 17:34:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You have to use the same one you originally used OR call the support center and they can link it to a new account if you can verify ownership of the accout/xbl acc~
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-02-11 17:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Evkim said:
I'm kinda confused, so if someone on xbox live quits and wants to come back they cant without making a new xboxlive account?
Only if you're using a new POL ID. If you have your old account info, you should be able to start again using the same Live account you had before.
 Shiva.Evkim
By Shiva.Evkim 2011-02-11 17:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Heres the thing, i only have my one xbox live account, i dont have ANY info on my char that i once played a while ago, so what info would they want to verify ownership of the prior account?
 Shiva.Evkim
By Shiva.Evkim 2011-02-11 17:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

is there a actual number to call for customer support?
 Fenrir.Enternius
Server: Fenrir
user: Enternius
By Fenrir.Enternius 2011-02-11 17:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Otherwise you can create a new account for free on XBL. Link that and it's like nothing happened.
 Shiva.Lexicon
user: Lexicon
By Shiva.Lexicon 2011-02-11 17:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Evkim said:
is there a actual number to call for customer support?
858 790-7529(PLAY) - Full name on the account, Address, Phone # and i think Email
 Carbuncle.Bubblebath
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Bubblebath 2011-02-11 18:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The easiest thing to do is just create a new gamer tag(dont change your existing one just make a new one) and link your new POL acct to that. If you are worried because you currently have gold and want to be able to chat while you play ffxi fear not because *gasp* there is a glitch with 360 that as long as you are logged into POL even with a silver acct. you can talk over xbox-live for free.
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2011-02-13 19:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Bubblebath said:
The easiest thing to do is just create a new gamer tag(dont change your existing one just make a new one) and link your new POL acct to that. If you are worried because you currently have gold and want to be able to chat while you play ffxi fear not because *gasp* there is a glitch with 360 that as long as you are logged into POL even with a silver acct. you can talk over xbox-live for free.

The only problem with that is that XBOX Live people are quite unforgiving with people abusing of their "system features" and that could put the person abusing the "glitch" into trouble even if it's something mild that doesn't bother other people.

All they need is a excuse to bother you.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-02-13 20:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like no gamertag has been linked to his account, but his gamertag is linked to his old account. A gamertag can only be linked to one account, so he would have to unlink the first account. I think its stupid, i have a friend with a perfectly good whm account, but he cant use it cuz of xbox gt crap.