Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20779 20780 20781 ... 22572 22573 22574
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-03-26 12:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
For me the assumption that my schedule is open and free for someone else to pop by anytime... Usually the same people that do it also get mad when you are already busy and can't drop everything for them.

What if I already have company?
What if I'm sleeping?
What if I was planning to go out?
What if I don't want to put clothes on?
What if I just don't feel like dealing with humans?

Unless you're someone I talk to all the time but haven't actually seen in years, or someone I thought was dead, or in some kind of danger and need help showing up at my door for shits and giggles is one of the few sure fire ways to get in my bad books.
This. My brother does this. Usually (read always) when I'm busy and he expects me to drop whatever I'm doing to listen to some stupid story or look at something on his phone.

I've actually had to AFK mid dungeon to watch a video of a dog *** a stuffed animal just to get him to leave me alone.

What it also comes down to is that they seem to be self important and they have no respect for anyone else's hobbies, privacy, etc.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-03-26 12:09:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Furthermore, he always shows up when I'm busy, demanding the stupidest things to distract me and waste my time but then I'm the ***.

This is why I'm not all that close with him.

He also likes to act big and tough, smarts off, tries to embarrass me, mess with me, etc. but as soon as I retaliate, he gets his feelings hurt, runs to my mom and somehow I have to apologize to him for messing with me.

Last deer season, I didn't want to leave my truck (with the camper) up there so he could stay one more night. He started throwing a fit, claiming he didn't feel like he was part of the family anymore, all because I wouldn't leave my truck with him.

The real reason I wouldn't is because my truck has quirks, quirks he doesn't know how to deal with. So it's very possible he'd end up stranded.
By Ackeron 2017-03-26 12:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2017-03-26 13:29:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
If you took a person and put them in clean fresh water up to the neck and filtered the water regularily to keep it clean, they could live their entire life without ever drinking water, just absorbing it through the skin. Fascinating.

Osmosis would actually increase the water permeation as they get more and more thirsty due to salt content increasing in their body.
What's your source for this theoritical piece of information?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-03-26 13:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
If you took a person and put them in clean fresh water up to the neck and filtered the water regularily to keep it clean, they could live their entire life without ever drinking water, just absorbing it through the skin. Fascinating.

Osmosis would actually increase the water permeation as they get more and more thirsty due to salt content increasing in their body.
What's your source for this theoritical piece of information?
I just assume he's really, really high.
Server: Ultros
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2017-03-26 13:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh yeah I don't think it works that way >_>
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-03-26 13:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

i think i have my pc build finalized. just need to decide if i'm gonna get a new monitor too... seems like current top of the line monitors all all set to be replaced pretty soon. don't wanna buy at the wrong time like i did on my laptop ; ;
By Yomisha 2017-03-26 13:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

But it's technology! Updating all day, erryday.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-03-26 14:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Asura.Ina said: »
For me the assumption that my schedule is open and free for someone else to pop by anytime... Usually the same people that do it also get mad when you are already busy and can't drop everything for them.

What if I already have company?
What if I'm sleeping?
What if I was planning to go out?
What if I don't want to put clothes on?
What if I just don't feel like dealing with humans?

Unless you're someone I talk to all the time but haven't actually seen in years, or someone I thought was dead, or in some kind of danger and need help showing up at my door for shits and giggles is one of the few sure fire ways to get in my bad books.
This. My brother does this. Usually (read always) when I'm busy and he expects me to drop whatever I'm doing to listen to some stupid story or look at something on his phone.

I've actually had to AFK mid dungeon to watch a video of a dog *** a stuffed animal just to get him to leave me alone.

What it also comes down to is that they seem to be self important and they have no respect for anyone else's hobbies, privacy, etc.
I never have much of an issue with this, because mainly, nobody I know wants to come by really. It used to happen sometimes when I was in the Navy, but it didn't bother me.

I've got one good friend here in town, and I drop by his place all of the time unannounced, and generally just pick up with whatever he's doing, cause usually I just want to hang(so like I'll just watch him play Overwatch for a few hours while shooting the breeze). I'd call first, but he literally lives within walking distance, so it's not all that big of a deal. When he used to live on the other side of town though, I would call just so I didn't wind up wasting gas if he wasn't home.

All in all, I'd say call first if they live far enough away that you have to drive, just so you don't inconvenience yourself. After that, know your friends, and try to be polite. That said, I don't know if it'll ever bother me really. Generally I answer the door for any ringers, cause it's most often a package delivery.

Maybe I'm classically conditioned by this point to get excited and answer the door though lol.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-03-26 14:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-03-26 15:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Writer and manga creator Daisuke Satō passed away due to ischemic heart disease on March 22. He was 52. His immediate family have already held a funeral service, and his younger sister Yūko Shinmyō was the chief mourner.

Satō's works include the High School of the Dead (Highschool of the Dead in Japan) manga with artist Shoji Sato and the Imperial Guards manga with artist Yu Ito. Highschool of the Dead had been effectively on extended hiatus since March 2011, although a new chapter did debut in April 2013.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2017-03-26 15:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Quote:
Writer and manga creator Daisuke Satō passed away due to ischemic heart disease on March 22. He was 52. His immediate family have already held a funeral service, and his younger sister Yūko Shinmyō was the chief mourner.

Satō's works include the High School of the Dead (Highschool of the Dead in Japan) manga with artist Shoji Sato and the Imperial Guards manga with artist Yu Ito. Highschool of the Dead had been effectively on extended hiatus since March 2011, although a new chapter did debut in April 2013.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-03-26 15:26:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Hopefully he wrote all of the story before he died so the artist can finish it at least

If he had such health problems it makes sense to plan for it but who knows

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Yomisha 2017-03-26 15:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I try to avoid drugs shush

Obviously this is Josiah's theme song.
YouTube Video Placeholder

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2017-03-26 16:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

there was actually a legit study done on the permeability of human skin.

after 45 minutes, only using a small region of the skin, subjects reported numbness and loss of feeling in the blanched area of the skin exposed to water.

while our cells are certainly osmotic in nature (otherwise we'd die painfully), over exposure of water doesn't indicate an increase of permeability, merely just that there is some absorption.

in the end i would say it's not possible without serious damage to a fully submerged subject. they certainly wouldn't be able to live in that state with no food and water (to drink).
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2017-03-26 16:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dajociont said: »
there was actually a legit study done on the permeability of human skin.
1965? damn, that is impressive lol.

Speaking of permeability... Just bought Resident Evil 7 since it was on sale for 20% off on Steam. Now I need to figure out how I am going to find time to play it since I also picked up Nier Automata for PC.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Yomisha 2017-03-26 16:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

"Thank you for calling blah blah answering service..."

"I can't talk to a doctor right away?"

...It's Sunday, you're lucky you're getting a call back. That's what ERs/Clinics are for! -_-

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-03-26 18:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I just assume he's really, really high.
I try to avoid drugs shush
>_>

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-03-26 18:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2017-03-26 18:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thread needs more bears

[+]
 Asura.Clinpachi
user: Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-03-26 18:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

I saw this on my facebook feed earlier. I'm terrified of the concept of this yet morbidly curious and hope to see some video of it at the same time.

Absolutely crazy lol.
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2017-03-26 18:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't care, therefore no one else cares.

I don't play x game anymore, therefore it is dead.

I stopped watching x show, therefore no one watches it.
Server: Ultros
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2017-03-26 18:51:16
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 20779 20780 20781 ... 22572 22573 22574