Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 20775 20776 20777 ... 22553 22554 22555
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2017-03-24 13:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I hope this doesn't make the game unplayable for me...

Quote:
Important Information Regarding North American Data Center Relocation

Greetings FINAL FANTASY XIV players. As many of you already know, we made a special announcement during the Q&A session held at PAX East regarding the relocation of our North American data center.

I understand that this news came as quite a surprise for many, and so I would like to take this opportunity to explain some of the reasons behind this decision, as well as how it will affect users.

Current Facilities

During development for A Realm Reborn, we strongly felt that the establishment of a North American data center was necessary to achieve the type of game experience we wished to provide. Though faced with a tight development and preparation schedule, we were able to realize our goal in time for ARR’s launch.

However, the endeavor hasn’t been without its challenges. The FINAL FANTASY XIV NA data center was Square Enix’s first attempt at establishing game servers outside of Japan, and as such, we have spent much time quietly tackling related problems since the center’s inception four years ago.

Some of these problems have included voltage overload and a lack of physical space for additional servers, ultimately leading to an inability to efficiently optimize servers or expand the scale of data center itself.

As a result, players have been repeatedly inconvenienced with server crashes and protracted server maintenance periods.

Reasons behind the Relocation

Thanks largely in part to support from our loyal fan base, FINAL FANTASY XIV has continued to exhibit steady growth, allowing for even larger company investment into the project. As has been previously announced, with the release of our upcoming expansion Stormblood, we are planning major updates and upgrades to our server system to allow not only for increased server efficiency, but also:

•Increased inventory capacity •Worldless (cross-world) party matching and friend management •Additional content & increased field size for new areas All which we hope will contribute to increased playability.

To achieve these goals and, in turn, be in a position to better provide our user base an ever-improving game experience via future updates, we came to the conclusion that it would be in the project’s best interest to heavily invest in a move to a new data center equipped with more modern facilities.

Servers in the new data center.

While we are aware that many of you are curious as to the actual physical location of the new data center, please understand that for security reasons specific to the operation of an online game, we are unable to divulge that information to the public. What we can tell you is that the servers will remain on North American soil, in an area that features an advanced Internet infrastructure.

Changes to Ping* Times

In preparation for the move, we have conducted countless preliminary simulations and on-site verifications regarding ping times. However, due to the physical distance between the old and new data centers, players accessing the NA servers will most likely experience a change in their current ping times. While those who play FINAL FANTASY XIV closer to the new data center will see their ping time fall, those who are now further away from the servers may see those times increase.

FINAL FANTASY XIV was designed to be played in an environment featuring ping times of 200 – 220 milliseconds or less. Even if players experience an increase in ping times due to the data center relocation, as long as their times remain below 200 ms, then they may rest easy, for there should be no discernable difference in gameplay.

We expect that the players most likely to experience a significant increase in ping times will be those in Europe playing on an NA data center World. We will be working hard to minimize the anticipated increases, but there is the chance that based on their location, some players may be more severely affected by this relocation than others.

Data Center Relocation Schedule

The current plan is to conduct the relocation sometime in mid-May of 2017. Once a date has been solidified, we will make an official announcement on the Lodestone and via other channels.

In conjunction with the relocation, we expect a maximum downtime of 48 hours for those players using the NA servers. The EU and JP data centers will also experience downtime of up to 24 hours to allow for maintenance required to connect existing servers with the new NA data center. To compensate for play time lost, we are looking into extending all active account subscriptions by one day.

In Conclusion

It is rare for an online game, especially one that is currently operating with stability, to relocate data centers, even if the intention is to increase optimization and expandability while improving overall game experience. We did our best to explore options that would allow us to achieve these goals without having to move, but ultimately came to the conclusion that to ensure the continued growth of FINAL FANTASY XIV, relocation was the right choice.

In the coming months, there may be extended periods of maintenance. We humbly ask for your patience and thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we continue our work at providing our community with the best gaming environment possible.

FINAL FANTASY XIV Producer & Director, Naoki Yoshida
It shouldn't, my FC has people from all over the world, and they are just fine
Just don't give LR to Kojo
By Ramyrez 2017-03-24 13:15:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon Kasai said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Why is Beatrix wielding not Save the Queen?

I declare shenanigans.
Sprites change with the rarity, and it's probably considered her ultimate weapon, and none of the characters have those yet.
Probably saving them for the eventual 7-star rarity upgrade.

Can't be worse than Save the Queen in XI. Love that they worked it in so early in the game, but it was always such a meh weapon.;;;

Such disappointment!
[+]
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2017-03-24 13:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

As an actual weapon it's already in the game, but it's the one from Tactics. It's Agrias' trust mastery reward.

Seems pretty great, but I'm no expert on TM reward equips.

Wonder what Beatrix's trust mastery will be now though, since it can't be Save the Queen.
 Asura.Vienner
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Vienner 2017-03-24 13:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

My cat does this too when I'm making a jigsaw puzzle -_-
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-03-24 13:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

As an actual weapon it's already in the game, but it's the one from Tactics. It's Agrias' trust mastery reward.

Seems pretty great, but I'm no expert on TM reward equips.

Wonder what Beatrix's trust mastery will be now though, since it can't be Save the Queen.

it's an alright non-elemental weapon but non-elemental weapons have limited application since they can't get bonus damage from elemental chains.

wouldn't be surprised to see beatrix give a bracer or ability TM
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-24 15:14:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Hey, what works, works, right?!
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-03-24 15:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy Tactics in a nutshell.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-24 15:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2017-03-24 15:39:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Reminded of:

[+]
Server: Ultros
user: Serj
By Ciri Zireael 2017-03-24 15:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude Hector is a god, he'd give no *** about being impaled.

“Me? Don’t worry about me. I’m fine. I’m built tough, you know. A little too much is just enough for me.”
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-03-24 16:43:09
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite thing about FE7 was Hector's Story. ***was amazing, particularly when he gets Armads and the Armads trial. What the spirit of Armads says to him was my Steel Cyclone macro for years in XI. "I am power. Power without peer. Power unused is power wasted."
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-24 16:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Steel Cyclone macro
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2017-03-24 17:13:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously sometimes I so wonder how you find all this random ***on the internet...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-24 17:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vienner said: »
Seriously sometimes I so wonder how you find all this random ***on the internet...
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-03-24 17:58:45
Link | Quote | Reply

o boy got the team lead for marketing XIV on my FFBE friends list
[+]
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-03-24 18:04:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
Steel Cyclone macro
You son of a ***...

+'d
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-03-24 18:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
Why is Beatrix wielding not Save the Queen?

I declare shenanigans.
Sprites change with the rarity, and it's probably considered her ultimate weapon, and none of the characters have those yet.
Probably saving them for the eventual 7-star rarity upgrade.

Can't be worse than Save the Queen in XI. Love that they worked it in so early in the game, but it was always such a meh weapon.;;;

Such disappointment!
Not really. Beatrix's level was added to the weapon via a hidden effect so IF you hacked her into your party and leveled her up to like 85+ it becomes the strongest weapon in the game for physical hits.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2017-03-24 18:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

To explain: Save the Queen has a damage rating of 23 so 85 + 23 = 108 thus at 85 it matches Excalibur II for the strongest but beats it at 99 with a damage multiplier of 122 for physical hits using the "Attack" command.

Seiken abilities still go off of the Save the Queen's stats which are DMG: 23, STR +2, SPD +1, MAG +2, and SPT +5.

I'd say at 99, you're better off with Save the Queen than you are hacking Excalibur II onto her purely due to her low MP pool vs Seiken's expensive MP costs, as well as the fact that end-game you'll be steamrolling most stuff anyway and her normal hits are almost always doing 9999.
By Wordspoken 2017-03-24 18:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Raiding Hyrule Castle, what could go wrong? *low battery* Uh, not going to risk running out at a bad spot. Dear Hyrule, you've waited 100 years, so one more day can't hurt?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2017-03-24 18:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure am loving all these Thancreds I keep pulling. By the time I actually get Y'shtola, I'll probably have enough Follower's Oath to outfit my entire party with them.
Server: Ultros
user: chuuuuu
By Chu Chu 2017-03-24 19:03:56
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master