Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 18709 18710 18711 ... 22572 22573 22574
By Ackeron 2016-02-14 03:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
Bloodrose said: »
Only a Brit would make something as vast as an ocean seem as insignificant as a pond, and still not be bothered to cross it >.>;

Don't worry, I have other tickets for movies this year.
Well we did conquer just about everything!
I shoulda made a conqueror
Hello this is 'Merica.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-14 03:50:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways, I think i'll go buy a slurpee and some donuts as my breakfast of romantic champions today.
My plan was to get drunk and feel like ***all day but I am apparently working all day instead. Making money over drinking it, why not.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-02-14 03:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

HAHA, Yeah the funny thing is, theres a lot of WHMs who's done that on our server. Or they have a Yagrush, but their 1 set wonder WHMs, so basically aren't worth the time.
my Buddy Reain, whos largely helped farm most of it, has a Yagrush, but actually has no idea how to play WHM. XD

>> builds most expensive macro piece in game
>> doesn't macro
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-02-14 03:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Ackeron really just.... page with that....? <_<;;;
[+]
By Ackeron 2016-02-14 03:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Did Ackeron really just.... page with that....? <_<;;;
I believe so, yes.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-02-14 03:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Omnys said: »
HAHA, Yeah the funny thing is, theres a lot of WHMs who's done that on our server. Or they have a Yagrush, but their 1 set wonder WHMs, so basically aren't worth the time.
my Buddy Reain, whos largely helped farm most of it, has a Yagrush, but actually has no idea how to play WHM. XD

>> builds most expensive macro piece in game
>> doesn't macro
Theres one person like that, and theres several reasons why we dont like her, but she, to add fuel to that fire, doesn't know how to play WHM/SCH....

There was also one Yagrush WHM who got hurrassed so much by her gear, and bad idle set, lack of MP Management (She was doing Delve at the time, back when it was 18 man content), that a linkshell basically fell apart over it.

good times. Goooooood tiiimmessss, she also quit as a result lol.
Nothing better than old school FFXI Drama!
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-02-14 04:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing remotely close to that that I can offer is: I met 2 separate Aegis/Ochains in early early delve days (back when trash farming was a thing) that told me you couldn't block while not engaged.

._.

I asked the first one how much PLDs were going for on Ebay.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-02-14 04:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Only thing remotely close to that that I can offer is: I met 2 separate Aegis/Ochains in early early delve days (back when trash farming was a thing) that told me you couldn't block while not engaged.

._.

Oh God, yes!
YES!

Sir I love you. /salute
Why have we not been in a Linkshell together!
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 04:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I had people tell me that BLU was a flavor job, and not really worth playing when it came out.

So I leveled it, and even used it to cure parties better than most whms.

Then when it was 75, I tore ***up with Savage Blade, which was apparently a shitty ws. Despite being a shitty ws, I made most other DDs look like crap.

But ya know, I learned how to git gud back before gitting gud was a thing.
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 04:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

._.

Oh gods, I've seen far too many paladins like this.
By Ackeron 2016-02-14 04:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I had people make fun of me for having a healing set on my BLU ; ;
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 04:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
I had that at first too. Until we got a shitty whm in a leveling party, or one that would go afk every 5 minutes for an hour.

Or couldn't find a competent whm. So I took up the blue mage healing mantle.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-02-14 04:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I had people tell me that BLU was a flavor job, and not really worth playing when it came out.

Then when it was 75, I tore ***up with Savage Blade, which was apparently a shitty ws. Despite being a shitty ws, I made most other DDs look like crap.

Remember when PUP came out and it was genuinely bad though? xD

And mind you look at BLU, easily one of the best jobs in the game at the moment.

*Pat Pat*
The WHM will not judge thee, oh gentle and good BLU.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-02-14 04:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
I got 5k alex into Conq before remembering War has been unplayable since SoA came out.
Huh, guess I didn't get the memo :o
I don't believe WAR became instantly irrelevant the momment SoA Came out,
My linkshell where still using Conqeuroreororsrsras till February last year, which was Alluvion Skirmish update.
Basically Warrior was not good back then when compared to Mnks, and then SE powercreeped Sam up and the baseline of what kind of damage a DPS should do heavily increased for every job but War and Drk. SE gave most jobs some kind of major tool in SoA like Daken, Fudo, Rudras, SCs, whatever, and War got fencer buffs, because a job known for Gaxe needs fencer.
Idk man, I don't remember Monk ever outshining Warrior post 2handed update. I also remember monks on the forums used to brag about their numbers while under the effect of Blood Rage, y'know, before the Blood Rage nerf.

WAR's always been extremely strong and versatile. Versatility is one of the things SE is always bent out of shape about. It's why it was hard for them to ever give Rdms buffs or JAs and crap. In their mind it's like, "You can already do pretty much everything your type of class is demanded to do, what more do you want?!"

Of course, what SE thinks and intends is never in line with the playerbase. I mean though, like, Post 85 cap, WAR was able to self light and self darkness with its strongest weapon. It was able to use other weapons to initiate/close any skillchain in the game, still can lol. On top of that it's always been a powerhouse and always will be, but now it seems to me that it suffers from having a low self-skillchain frequency/no magical ability whatsoever. I'm still gonna play it, cause I just wanna hit things stupid hard. It's a simple life that I understaaaand. I'm probably never gonna get into the new endgame lol.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 04:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember when PUP came out and it was genuinely bad though? xD

And mind you look at BLU, easily one of the best jobs in the game at the moment.

*Pat Pat*
The WHM will not judge thee, oh gentle and good BLU.
When SoA came out though, those Baghnaks made it super OP for the longest time. And I was actually recommended to come on pup for delve content because of them.

Pup as a melee was garbage. The frames though were pretty nice for ZNMs. Healing or nuking, for pretty much 0 enmity, and repopping your puppet when it got low on MP...

I had a puppet master heal a full Melee party on greater colibri.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2016-02-14 04:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, pup was an expensive job and blu took dedication. Most of the people you run in to, even as the game is in sunset, are still not the type of person to dedicate themselves to a job.

So back then, most people saw crappy blus and crappy pups when there certainly were a few cases where I had a stellar blu healer (lol, that's a dog) or great pup main healing--but they always volunteered. It's not something you'd ask any random person to do.

I've been powergrinding blu as a tank in apex the last few days and met several rdm and sch that don't cure as hard as I magic fruit (let alone plenilune).
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 04:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Admittedly, being a good pup took more than just dedication, because it was a huge drain on your gil stores. And most people want to level as cheaply as possible, instead of as effectively as possible, when a new job comes out.

Blue Mages as a whole, had the whole learning spells schtick, which for some was more aggravating than being bitten by a radioactive hack comic.

But Pups had to do something similar, like INM battles or special battle fields to get the parts that made puppetmaster stellar.

Edit: Doing these battlefields, they had to contend with ninja looters, or the entire party not giving a damn, and choosing to all loot the attachments just spite them, and sell.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-14 04:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I got 5k alex into Conq before remembering War has been unplayable since SoA came out.
Huh, guess I didn't get the memo :o
I don't believe WAR became instantly irrelevant the momment SoA Came out,
My linkshell where still using Conqeuroreororsrsras till February last year, which was Alluvion Skirmish update.
Basically Warrior was not good back then when compared to Mnks, and then SE powercreeped Sam up and the baseline of what kind of damage a DPS should do heavily increased for every job but War and Drk. SE gave most jobs some kind of major tool in SoA like Daken, Fudo, Rudras, SCs, whatever, and War got fencer buffs, because a job known for Gaxe needs fencer.
Idk man, I don't remember Monk ever outshining Warrior post 2handed update. I also remember monks on the forums used to brag about their numbers while under the effect of Blood Rage, y'know, before the Blood Rage nerf.

WAR's always been extremely strong and versatile. Versatility is one of the things SE is always bent out of shape about. It's why it was hard for them to ever give Rdms buffs or JAs and crap. In their mind it's like, "You can already do pretty much everything your type of class is demanded to do, what more do you want?!"

Of course, what SE thinks and intends is never in line with the playerbase. I mean though, like, Post 85 cap, WAR was able to self light and self darkness with its strongest weapon. It was able to use other weapons to initiate/close any skillchain in the game, still can lol. On top of that it's always been a powerhouse and always will be, but now it seems to me that it suffers from having a low self-skillchain frequency/no magical ability whatsoever. I'm still gonna play it, cause I just wanna hit things stupid hard. It's a simple life that I understaaaand. I'm probably never gonna get into the new endgame lol.
I've made the argument before that War was by far SEs most loved job of all time, even though people will say it's Sam or something. The job was legitimately never worse than top 3 as a DD for 10 years, and #1 for large swaths of that time. Mnk and War were on pretty equal terms post 2 hander buff honestly, but not outshining. I'm talking about Seekers though, when Monk became the big bandwagon because of Oatixur and Vsmite. War is basically still stuck at the beginning of SoA because all their WSes still do the same damage and they didn't receive any big changes outside 1 handers. Once Fudo was buffed it was over for War, then came Rudras, Bsts, CDC, and now MBing, every time the gap between War and the rest of the jobs grew bigger and it's gigantic now. Heck War is still the only real DD job that can't natural cap JA Haste, that's just silly.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-02-14 04:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I think most jobs have had something similar at some point to be honest.
DD WHM back at level 75 had the 2 biggest blocks in the game, clubs and armor wise. Noone wanted to do Shen for a DD WHM, and the Pirate Skeles where annoying as all hell, and if you diddn't have a Kclub the job was slow as hell.

When GEO came out, remember how utterly garbage it was? No Seriously, they patched GEO not long after Delve came out, because of how utterly garbage it was at doing its job, and then they buffed it again with Dunna. Infact GEO, when it came out cost about what, 10mil plus to finish with all the spells? Plus the at least 2/3 days you had to spend gridning skill ups.

RUN was very similar too, and still gets a lot of hate for being a pretty trashy job, when it really isnt.

Abyssea was a blessing for Puppetmaster as well, seeing how it broke automations and them so much. I remember my friend showing up one day on PUP and soloing basically everything because of 100% DT- on pet before they nerfed. It certainly was glorious, i'd like to think many PUPs abused that so much, but then again.... PUP at least on my server, has been the most hated job.

I think every job has totally had a heyday, it's just now, with how content is, its just meh.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-14 04:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree hence why I said in SoA :p

Being bad for 1 year out of 12 isn't exactly horrible. I do miss the job though.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 04:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

DD WHM back at level 75 had the 2 biggest blocks in the game, clubs and armor wise. Noone wanted to do Shen for a DD WHM, and the Pirate Skeles where annoying as all hell, and if you diddn't have a Kclub the job was slow as hell.

When GEO came out, remember how utterly garbage it was? No Seriously, they patched GEO not long after Delve came out, because of how utterly garbage it was at doing its job, and then they buffed it again with Dunna. Infact GEO, when it came out cost about what, 10mil plus to finish with all the spells? Plus the at least 2/3 days you had to spend gridning skill ups.

RUN was very similar too, and still gets a lot of hate for being a pretty trashy job, when it really isnt.

Abyssea was a blessing for Puppetmaster as well, seeing how it broke automations and them so much. I remember my friend showing up one day on PUP and soloing basically everything because of 100% DT- on pet before they nerfed. It certainly was glorious, i'd like to think many PUPs abused that so much, but then again.... PUP at least on my server, has been the most hated job.

I think every job has totally had a heyday, it's just now, with how content is, its just meh.
Rune Fencer was my calling as soon as it was released. Already capped Great Sword skill from Dark Knight, Rune Fencer became my brain child, and have used it successfully as a magic tank long before most others on my server even know how to gear it for DD (which most people tried and failed to do.) I had a few pieces of super gear missing, but I loved using it against Wildskeeper Reives. My favorite fights being Tchakka and Hurkan. I had a pretty good DPS set up as well, and a tank set up, and Lunge set, as well as enhancing set.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-02-14 04:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Rune Fencer was my calling as soon as it was released. Already capped Great Sword skill from Dark Knight, Rune Fencer became my brain child, and have used it successfully as a magic tank long before most others on my server even know how to gear it for DD (which most people tried and failed to do.) I had a few pieces of super gear missing, but I loved using it against Wildskeeper Reives. My favorite fights being Tchakka and Hurkan. I had a pretty good DPS set up as well, and a tank set up, and Lunge set, as well as enhancing set.

Hell Yeah, RUN is a really good job, just most arent willing to set for it, or be something other than a 1 set wonder. I've seen so many 1 set wonder PLDs pick up RUN and just fail really badly at it.

I prefer healing RUNS tbh, it's much more enjoyable :)
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2016-02-14 04:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

And I am going to bed because merica and morning aint come yet here.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-02-14 04:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

And I am going to bed because merica and morning aint come yet here.
Good Night!
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 04:54:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I almost want to log in to XI just to *** around on rune fencer.

I had a pretty good Dimidiation build when all the rage was Resolution. And resolution was still only good on Rune Fencer when you had at least 4/5 merits into it. So if you used your weapon skill merits on other weapon skills, you had to learn how to make use of Dimidiation.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-02-14 05:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I almost want to log in to XI just to *** around on rune fencer.

I had a pretty good Dimidiation build when all the rage was Resolution. And resolution was still only good on Rune Fencer when you had at least 4/5 merits into it. So if you used your weapon skill merits on other weapon skills, you had to learn how to make use of Dimidiation.
Dimidation is such a good weaponskill for a Mage burn, especially if you need say, to make a Magic burst that can work off Light, SCH and RUN might as well be making Light together. :)
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 05:06:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a dual sword set up for Rune Fencer as well, but that was mostly just for giggles, and for Armed Gears, or anything I needed to rip through that had a high pdt factor.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 05:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, I logged in, and I don't know why.

I blame Shadowlarry. And lina. And Vyre and Jeanpaul.

Why Jeanpaul? Because I can, that's why.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-02-14 05:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, I logged in, and I don't know why.

I blame Shadowlarry. And lina. And Vyre and Jeanpaul.

Why Jeanpaul? Because I can, that's why.
It's always Jeanpauls fault. *nods Nods*
By Bloodrose 2016-02-14 05:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I have to put all my whm ***away, so I can pull out my runefencer ***.
First Page 2 3 ... 18709 18710 18711 ... 22572 22573 22574