Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 17557 17558 17559 ... 22553 22554 22555
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Rooks
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-30 12:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. I have a real dev environment now, so things that require DB changes are now possible. I'm about to go out of town for close to a week though, so it'll have to wait :\
By Jetackuu 2015-06-30 12:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Rooks said: »
Yeah. I have a real dev environment now, so things that require DB changes are now possible. I'm about to go out of town for close to a week though, so it'll have to wait :\
break all the things!
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-30 12:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-06-30 12:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fuuuck. First time in a 51 v 51 battle and I got slaughtered. ._.;

Pretty sure all but one of my deaths was to the same person in their Gerbera Tetra too. They were all to Gerbera Tetras at least.

Except for the one to a Zaku I Sniper.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-06-30 12:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46887/xiv-official-response-on-bards-wanderers-minue#2924208
Kalila's thread about Wanderer's Minuet being in chatterbox reminds me, I need to fix it so threads from both games will show up on both front pages (as a setting? by default? thoughts?).
I think it needs to be a user setting, something you can see easily and not burred in the options menu where 90% of people will never go and check.

Front page options for news / forums [x] XI [ ] XIV for people who only want XI news. or [x] XI [x] XIV for people who want both.

There is a lot more activity for XIV atm, so for the people who don't care about XIV it would be a very unwelcome change if we suddenly started having discussions over XIV.
I had something like this in mind :) Up to you tho, just an idea!

The same could be done to Screenshots as well :) Well, in my mind, I'm sure it's probably very difficult because of how the site works.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-30 13:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The same could be done to Screenshots as well :) Well, in my mind, I'm sure it's probably very difficult because of how the site works.

My original thought for that piece of real estate was a "My threads" toggle (like the most viewed server/overall toggle) that would let you pin threads for easy access, regardless of how recently they were bumped. Maybe the XI/XIV checkboxes could live next to it, not sure how cluttered it would get. No force on earth is going to make me put a P+R checkbox on the front page, though.

I actually have a number of things I'd like to add to settings, but like you said, people don't always go down there.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-06-30 13:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

The P&R was really just a joke lol
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-06-30 13:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

What about, having users being able to subscribe to threads, or even forum sections? Their subscriptions would show up on the front page, filtering everything that they aren't subscribed to out.

Like, by default if you're not subscribed to anything, you just see everything. If you're subscribed to... XI, XIV, and Arcade, those are the 3 sections that show up.

XIAH news and XIVpro News should probably be a forced subscription... ? ? ? idk.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-30 13:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

What about, having users being able to subscribe to threads, or even forum sections? Their subscriptions would show up on the front page, filtering everything that they aren't subscribed to out.

Like, by default if you're not subscribed to anything, you just see everything. If you're subscribed to... XI, XIV, and Arcade, those are the 3 sections that show up.

XIAH news and XIVpro News should probably be a forced subscription... ? ? ? idk.

Hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm.

I mostly never cared for "subscription" type models on forums, but I actually like the way you presented that, and done right it would serve a lot of people's needs.

In that case, I would make the toggle "subscribed threads" vs "all threads", or maybe just leave the "all threads" functionality to the "View More" link.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-06-30 14:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is a proper translation:

Hello, everyone,
FFXIV producer/director Yoshida here.
Thank you for all the feedback you've been posting regarding bard.

I'd like to take a moment to discuss how the development team recognizes the current situation and our plans for adjustment.

• The Wanderer's Minuet
    In regards to the Wanderer's Minuet, the ability that you learn from the level 52 job quest, we are aware of the following points of feedback:

1. Until reaching level 60, using Wanderer's Minuet will result in less damage being dealt in comparison to when you are not using it.
    2. It's difficult to feel the benefits of Wanderer's Minuet versus the risk of not being able to move while attacking, which was a perk of playing as a bard.
    3. It's difficult to use Wanderer's Minuet because the casting time required for activating it is too long.

As a result of the initial bad impression given by the first problem, and the length of time required to cast it, I think that it's still difficult to feel the benefits of this ability even when you hit level 60.

The team is currently working on fixes to resolve these problems.

In addition to making adjustments so that the effect of this ability is fitting right after you learn it, we will be making it easier to switch into and out of Wanderer's Minuet and eliminating the current aspects that make it difficult to use. At the same time we will be paying close attention to the balance of each skill so the damage output at level 60 does not largely increase.

• The Warden's Paean
    We've been receiving feedback that the utility and value of using the Warden's Paean seems low, and the development team is aware of this. We are currently looking into adjustments.

• Regarding the bug wherein actions cannot be used temporarily
    I apologize for the inconveniences caused by this bug. We addressed this in today's hotfix. I apologize for the time it took to properly address.

There has only been a small amount of time since you all have reached level 60 (this goes for all jobs; not just bard), and the new raid will be opening shortly, so I'm sure you will continue to explore your jobs with trial and error.

The development team is constantly keeping a watch on job balance, and we will be reading over all of the feedback we receive after the raid has opened and making adjustments as necessary.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-06-30 14:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This is more important then the BRD change!!!!

Quote:
While I cannot guarantee that our beloved Haurchefant will be minion-ized and deliver us hot cocoa, I have relayed your request to the development team!

YES!!
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-06-30 14:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-30 14:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/46887/xiv-official-response-on-bards-wanderers-minue#2924208
Kalila's thread about Wanderer's Minuet being in chatterbox reminds me, I need to fix it so threads from both games will show up on both front pages (as a setting? by default? thoughts?).
I think it needs to be a user setting, something you can see easily and not burred in the options menu where 90% of people will never go and check.

Front page options for news / forums [x] XI [ ] XIV for people who only want XI news. or [x] XI [x] XIV for people who want both.

There is a lot more activity for XIV atm, so for the people who don't care about XIV it would be a very unwelcome change if we suddenly started having discussions over XIV.

Between 11 and 14 yes. But P&R is universal and all must see.
 Ragnarok.Yatenkou
Server: Ragnarok
user: Yatenkou
By Ragnarok.Yatenkou 2015-06-30 15:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »

Between 11 and 14 yes. But P&R is universal and all must see.

No they don't
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-06-30 15:41:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Samuel L Dawgson

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-06-30 20:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Leon Kasai said: »

Pretty sure all but one of my deaths was to the same person in their Gerbera Tetra too. They were all to Gerbera Tetras at least.

Uppity.Zeon.Biotch said:
「退屈すぎますわね。」

You gonna let that Aruzera talk smack to you like that, Leon?! ;_;

Go back in there and stab her with your beam cannon and blow her in half! :p
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2015-06-30 21:03:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said: »

Uppity.Zeon.Biotch said:
「退屈すぎますわね。」

You gonna let that Aruzera talk smack to you like that, Leon?! ;_;

Go back in there and stab her with your beam cannon and blow her in half! :p
Fenrir.Schutz said: »
stab her with your beam cannon
Lewd...

But yeah, getting used to getting my *** kicked.

Pretty much resigned myself to not actually fighting at this point, but trying to keep the resource/whatever bar as full as possible by gathering the tank thingies around the map.

Still gets me enough points to keep me off the bottom of the scoreboard at least. ._.;
[+]

Post deleted by User.
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2015-06-30 21:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, it's finally over...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rooks
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Rooks 2015-06-30 21:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

[-]
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Draylo 2015-06-30 21:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Why can't I open certain spoilers? I made one and I can't open it, but I can open the one on this thread.
MSPaint Winner
By Leon Kasai 2015-06-30 22:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

[-]
Eh? o-o;
First Page 2 3 ... 17557 17558 17559 ... 22553 22554 22555