Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 16867 16868 16869 ... 22571 22572 22573
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-27 08:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Should add a little lens flare to it.

Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-03-27 08:24:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So I am pretty much hooked on Hunting Horn for multiplayer. Still don't like it much for single player though, I am too used to being able to block when I am by myself.

Not sure which skills I should rock. Obviously Maestro. Right now I have a lobster set for better/longer rolls for when I just finish a song and a monster is charging me for it. I usually stick with a horn that has infinite stamina songs so any extra stamina is kind of a waste.

People really seem to love the buffs though, pretty much no matter what I use.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-03-27 08:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-03-27 08:59:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
anyone tried Final Fantasy Record Keepers? it's actually really good for a mobile game

Got it yesterday, liking it so far.

The only thing that irks me about these compilation games that feature stuff from every FF is that FF7 is always the first one featured, or has center stage all the time. Record Keeper is a great example. Tutorial stages? FF7!
By Fyyvoaa 2015-03-27 09:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkalenia said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
anyone tried Final Fantasy Record Keepers? it's actually really good for a mobile game

Got it yesterday, liking it so far.

The only thing that irks me about these compilation games that feature stuff from every FF is that FF7 is always the first one featured, or has center stage all the time. Record Keeper is a great example. Tutorial stages? FF7!

BUT CLOUD, AND AND ... AND CLOUD! CAUSE IT'S THE GREATEST GAME EVURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
By Darkalenia 2015-03-27 09:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fyyvoaa said: »

BUT CLOUD, AND AND ... AND CLOUD! CAUSE IT'S THE GREATEST GAME EVURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The only good things that came out of FF7 were the Materia system and Red XIII.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-27 09:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Fyyvoaa said: »

The only good things that came out of FF7 were the Materia system and Tifa's boobs.
ftfy
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-27 09:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Eco-terrorists 1997.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-27 09:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Corporate terrorists too, don't forget that they were striving to destroy their corporate overlords.
Server: Ultros
user: Allyha
By Allyha Kiade 2015-03-27 09:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone say tifa!?
[+]
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-27 09:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I loved FFVII back in the day, till SquareSoft became Square-Enix and started whoring FFVII out. FFXIII was similar except the original wasn't even a good game; more accurately it wasn't a Final Fantasy game as it was too linear to qualify. They still whored both FFVII and FFXIII out. Cloud was at least fairly likeable; you could put him in a somewhat homoerotic scene at a love motel, dress him as a woman, and have him tease Tifa about stealing her panties. He had a sense of humor. Lightning just always struck me as a ***, more brooding and emo than Cloud with none of the good qualities. If good qualities or a sense of humor started to show at some point, I never made it that far as I never finished FFXIII. I have tried several times.

EDIT:
Before someone points out that Lightning was that way because of what happened to her sister; that isn't what I'm talking about. It became known pretty quick that fal'cie simply choose someone to convert to a l'cie yet Lightning blames Snow regardless.
[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-03-27 09:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

This damn white mage is useless. It can't even survive very first, easiest battle long enough to get EXP to level up even ONCE.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-27 09:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Why is Guinevere a servant in the series Merlin? Isn't she supposed to be of royal lineage?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-27 09:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-03-27 10:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
They still whored both FFVII and FFXIII out.

Because they were both super popular in Japan.

If good qualities or a sense of humor started to show at some point, I never made it that far as I never finished FFXIII. I have tried several times.

She gets a lot better. Not until a little bit into one of the chapters with her and Hope though, when she actually opens up to someone. Lightning's character changes a bit more in XIII-2 (though not much, because she isn't the focus of the game - Serah is), and in Lightning Returns she seems a bit more motivated because of her purpose in that game. I haven't finished that one yet, so I can't tell you how she ultimately ends up.

Although I will say Hope is the one character that has the biggest change. He grows the *** up and becomes a likeable character. In XIII-2 he gets even better. In Lightning Returns he has a somewhat of an odd.....appearance (not gonna spoil it) and like Lightning, he has a purpose, but he pretty much stays the same as in XIII-2 character-wise.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-27 10:10:21
Link | Quote | Reply

They still whored both FFVII and FFXIII out.

Because they were both super popular in Japan.

If good qualities or a sense of humor started to show at some point, I never made it that far as I never finished FFXIII. I have tried several times.

She gets a lot better. Not until a little bit into one of the chapters with her and Hope though, when she actually opens up to someone.

Although I will say Hope is the one character that has the biggest change. He grows the *** up and becomes a likeable character. In XIII-2 he gets even better. Lightning's character changes a bit more in XIII-2 (though not much, because she isn't the focus of the game - Serah is), and in Lightning Returns she seems a bit more motivated because of her purpose in that game. I haven't finished that one yet, so I can't tell you how she ultimately ends up.
It always seemed like she was bothered and only opened up in hopes of shutting him up by leveling with him and also to give the player some background info. I think where she let Hope take the lead is where I left off.
[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-03-27 10:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

It always seemed like she was bothered and only opened up in hopes of shutting him up by leveling with him and also to give the player some background info. I think where she let Hope take the lead is where I left off.

I promise you it gets better. She develops a lot more and becomes likeable, though she keeps that "rough and tumble" air and attitude about her. And near the end she's seen as more of the leader-type than Snow.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-27 10:16:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll never see that because I will never make it to the end.

Dat Vanille tho.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-27 10:17:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish I liked 13 but I just can't, it's just a feeling I get with some games.

In some I can tolerate meh voice acting or characters but in others I can't, it's weird.

I wish more games had good voice acting like 12, the judges were fantastic.
[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-03-27 10:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll never see that because I will never make it to the end.

Dat Vanille tho.

She doesn't really change until near the end (Chapter 11+). There's a story reason for that though.

Dammit, Somehow Firefox hid my bookmarks toolbar, and "Show Bookmarks Toolbar" is checked. Wtf? How to fix?
Server: Ultros
user: Allyha
By Allyha Kiade 2015-03-27 10:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

and have him tease Tifa about stealing her panties.

[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-03-27 10:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I wish I liked 13 but I just can't, it's just a feeling I get with some games.

In some I can tolerate meh voice acting or characters but in others I can't, it's weird.

I wish more games had good voice acting like 12, the judges were fantastic.
It was more the horrible gameplay that killed XIII for me. Way too linear and I like a good boss fight but it seemed like every fight took forever to finish because at lv 1 you're dealing like 35 dmg per hit and the regular enemies have like 55,000 HP or something.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-03-27 10:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So how do Playstation+ games work? I download it while its free and it's mine forever or only for the month?
By Darkalenia 2015-03-27 10:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll said: »
So how do Playstation+ games work? I download it while its free and it's mine forever or only for the month?

Free for as long as you maintain a Playstation Plus subscription.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-27 10:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I couldn't stand the "if your leader dies you get game over" part of the battle system
[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-03-27 10:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I couldn't stand the "if your leader dies you get game over" part of the battle system

That's fixed in XIII-2, thank god. If the "leader" is KO'd, it switches to the other.

Fire Emblem Awakening is maddening me to no end, it has something similar. If either of the two main characters (Chrom and Robin) die, it's game over.
By Kittykite 2015-03-27 10:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

so lonely :( and I am so bored I started my verethragna trials...
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-03-27 10:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That's fixed in XIII-2, thank god. If the "leader" is KO'd, it switches to the other.

Fire Emblem Awakening is maddening me to no end, it has something similar. If either of the two main characters (Chrom and Robin) die, it's game over.

It's just an awful system lol

I'm liking the one in 15 where you get "KO'd" but not really, you can still recover from it but if you get hit your max hp gets lower and lower until you get a real KO
[+]
By Darkalenia 2015-03-27 11:07:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Google Chrome seems to have fixed itself, did a reinstall on a whim, and I'm not getting those "Waiting for cache" stalls anymore.

REJOICE
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-03-27 11:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

In todays Screenshot of FFXIV Sexy Time Theater.
Here we see a member of the Privateer company the Sirens and what appears to be her love slave. Although given the Sirens seem to be a cliched representation of thug anime girls its quite possible he is her boyfriend and she is acting like he is a slave to cover that up.

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16867 16868 16869 ... 22571 22572 22573