Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 15646 15647 15648 ... 22553 22554 22555
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-10-19 22:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

FXIV isn't a Pay to win game, players pay a monthly fee for content, they shouldn't have to pay additional cash for any content.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-19 22:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
cash shop for XIV? really? there's no reason they should put things like Sleipnir in a cash shop instead of making it drop from an all-inclusive Odin trial. Genuinely mad about this.

Maybe it will drop from Odin as well or they just used Sleipnir as an example in the preview

you're assuming they'll even add the Odin trial into the actual game

Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-19 22:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
FXIV isn't a Pay to win game, players pay a monthly fee for content, they shouldn't have to pay additional cash for any content.

It's not content, it's minions and mounts basically.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-10-19 22:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

also lol, guy wins 1000$ graphics card -> next guy wins a mousepad.

i'd be piiiiiiiiised. rekt. anal devastation
By Jetackuu 2014-10-19 22:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Rekt!

speaking of Rekt, getting 10k monster kills is annoying...
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-10-19 22:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »

It's not content, it's minions and mounts basically.
Perhaps others have a different definition but content to me is anything contained in the game.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-10-19 22:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

sell unique mounts/minions, not ones that can easily be obtained in the game already.

Sleipnir could some from a perfectly good, already developed piece of content.

The three scion minions could come from quests LIKE THE TWO WE ALREADY GOT FROM QUESTS.

***, make some legacy FF character minions. mounts like dodos or something stupid like that, unique things that aren't just there as blatant "*** you" cash grabs.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2014-10-19 22:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

i will get the Yshtola one anywho
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2014-10-19 22:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You are basically paying 6 months of subscription for a major update that includes content. That's pretty much 77.94 for an update that includes 4 dungeons upgraded to hard mode, a new primal or two, and the possibility of a new job.

Don't get me wrong, it's fun. However in my opinion an MMO should be costing you less for the content you gain overall compared to a full 60 dollar game that just came out.

On one side you have the MMO, which you can easily put in 10-20 hours a week, for a total of 240-480 hours in 6 months.

Then the game you bought that costs 60 is probably going to be 20 - 400 hours depending on the quality of the game and its replay.

With a game you buy you're running the risk of low hours to cost, but you get new fresh content (or you should be anyways...), while MMO you pretty much login and play, do stuff with friends, but the content is the same. You can find fun playing with friends but the content becomes dull within a few weeks.

SE knows this, they know that players will play an MMO to save money with gaming and the result is what we've been getting from SE for the past 5 years.

I'm sure it's no different with other MMO's except maybe the very top ones in the industry, but what turned me off from FFXIV is the lack of content, and areas to explore.

To me, what makes a game fun is exploring the world and being immersed in it. Immersion is very hard to maintain when it's the same stuff over and over again, and the updates are very predictable (2-4 dungeons with a hard mode label, 1-2 new dungeons, new coil, new recipes, and possibly a new job if they announce it ahead of time).

I started playing XIV because of how beautiful the world was and it's disappointing to see that they aren't putting focus on expanding the world. This was FFXIV reborn I was expecting the world to be reborn, given a new chance and show the world we're (SE) not dead yet and we know how to make a game fun.

idk, end rant and incoming disagreement most likely.
By volkom 2014-10-19 22:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If you like going to see movies you should watch Fury.
Its pretty graphic with the realism but i thought it was probably one of the best films i've seen all year.

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-10-19 22:47:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
snip

i agree with most of what you said, except for where you compare a $60 game to a $77 6 month sub. That $60 game costs more like $5-10 if you rent, trade-in, resell, etc. it after completing it as long as you buy it close to release and don't buy digital. Most games at gamestop games are worth $40-50 for 2-3 weeks after release, making it an expensive rental if you don't want to keep the game long term, but at that point you'll prolly play it enough that the cost becomes as efficient or more efficient than a 6 month sub.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-10-19 22:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess that's true, I just never done that really. When I buy a game I intend to keep it like a memory, even if I never touch it again. I guess that's what I've always done when buying a game.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-10-19 22:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, idk. I'm a thrifty gamer. I rarely buy a new game with the intention of keeping it for more than a couple weeks, and almost every one of my digital purchases came from steam sales. I've never paid full price for a console either, always trade in/ebay loads of old ***and end up spending half the price in the end.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-19 22:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say it's more like 3-4 months per patch too
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-10-19 22:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I rarely buy games new, right now I kinda have no choice since I only own a PS4, but I am usually content to wait for price drops or deals on ebay. I also don't tend to play new MMOs, I bought Guild Wars 2 just because there was a gaming drought when it came out and I was desperate for something. I chalk that up as a wash, I enjoyed it for a time, but its terrible now and I don't even have a sellable account. Still, MMOs are not worth paying full price for, ever.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-19 22:56:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I never trade in games, the concept is foreign to me, if not outright offensive.

/snobby
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-10-19 22:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just glad Archeage is great. neverending content due to the dynamic nature of world based siege PvP and naval combat/PvP during world bosses, etc. and I didn't even have to pay a penny to get the game or play it.

i would hate it if all i wanted was PvE though.
VIP
By Kalila 2014-10-19 23:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

idk, I'm a PvE player. PvP really isn't my thing unfortunately and that really is the crutch that keeps many games going during update downtime.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-10-19 23:05:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm more of a PVE player as well, there are a few exceptions like Age of Empires, or any shooter, but for the most part, when I play RPGs, I have no interest in PvP.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-10-19 23:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I've tried to play FFXIV a couple of times now. My brother had an alpha pass to 1.0 and we were sorely disappointed but still hopeful. After several updates I decided to play; got to 50 in 1.0 and while it was fun it did not retain my attention and I quit again. There was just too much wrong and I hated the system. I came back after 2.0 and started fresh. I got to about 41 before I let my account lapse. About a year later I came back again and finished 50 and did a lot more end game made a relic, spend hours and hours farming atma and doing hunts for myth/seals/solidery and daily stuff but I got bored again. I will say that most of my boredom was due to the rest of my group not really playing or in some cases just not playing with me. I probably would have blown through more of endgame before quitting again had I had my normal group to play with but I can't say that I feel like I would have been compelled to play beyond that.

While there are things I like about the game, I cannot quite articulate why I can't seem to keep playing it. You won't get any disagreement on your points about it from me.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-19 23:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

idk, I'm a PvE player. PvP really isn't my thing
^

I mean there's some I'm good at and still don't like...
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2014-10-19 23:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess that's true, I just never done that really. When I buy a game I intend to keep it like a memory, even if I never touch it again. I guess that's what I've always done when buying a game.
I still own most of the games I've played in my life. Granted we've lost a few here and there. But that was before when my grandma would buy them, play them, then hand them off to use. She'd also get us a console after it was out for a bit. Major games like FF's and stuff like Xenogears we'd get a copy for us and a copy for her so we could play them at the same time. I miss those days.

I've pretty well converted to PC entirely now and only very rare purchase any games at all and usually they've gone through tests and pre-screening by friends and family before I'm wiling to plunk money down for them. Twins are expensive and I'll probably never have the money to play like I did before.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-19 23:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not a PVP player but I always have a blast playing Frontline and going after kills instead of points while talking to 2-3 friends over Skype (teammates in my case)

We team up and help each other out and it's a lot of fun
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-10-19 23:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

this concert alone was worth $20. live action leviathan song and a better version of ifrit's BGM than the actual BGM. I hope they play Ramuh
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-10-19 23:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

and the very next song is Ramuh. hype
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-10-19 23:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

By Jetackuu 2014-10-19 23:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I need to crack down and apply for more jobs, I've been slacking the past few weeks.
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2014-10-19 23:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

RDM and Machinist for final fantasy explorers :3
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2014-10-20 00:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply