Goblin Stir-Fry Recipie
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Diveine
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Diveine
By Quetzalcoatl.Diveine 2011-02-07 21:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Just found this fun and am curious to go along with it.

FFXI_EN Twitter:

Put on your chef hat and get ready to wok and roll! Over the next 8 days we'll be releasing hints for the Goblin Stir-fry recipe! Jan 31st

Goblin Stir-fry Hint #1: What would stir fry be without the oil? Be sure to pick up this item at your local Derfland regional vendor!

Goblin Stir-fry Hint #2: We need ingredients! One is used in the “Only the Best” quest & can make you quite reputable in the nations.

Goblin Stir-fry Hint #3: With a skilled green thumb, “Fruit Seeds” can yield the next ingredient.

Goblin Stir-fry Hint #4: The next ingredient is also featured in the souvenir dish of a certain hostel found in Windurst Waters. (1/2)
Goblin Stir-fry Hint #4: Related: "It's no good, dearie. We'll just have to find another one!"

Goblin Stir-fry Hint #5: It’s about time to add this special ingredient that's used in “Herb Crawler Eggs” and “Boiled Cockatrice”

Goblin Stir-fry Hint #6: We’re still lacking ingredients! Let’s add an item also used to make a “Silencing Potion.”

Goblin Stir-fry Hint #7: Lizards are just crazy about this next ingredient. Except the rotten ones of course!

http://twitter.com/ffxi_en

Tomorrow will provide the last hint on the ingredient list.

as a seasoned cook I am heavily inclined to believe that on Hint 2: Boyahda moss is NOT a cooking ingredient, in all recipies it has been used for alchemy. As for La Theine Cabbage it is mayorly used to prepare sandwiches or salads, I would discard it also. Has to be Millioncorn.

Pertaining Hint 3: My inclination would be with either Danceshrooms or the Reishi Mushrooms, due to mushrooms being a commonly type of ingredient in making other "Goblin" recipies, OR Wild Onions, which are found amongst one of the random goblin drops.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/5143/goblin-stir-fry
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-02-07 23:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

This looks like fun.
 Bahamut.Yoroitsune
Server: Bahamut
user: ForteGSX
By Bahamut.Yoroitsune 2011-02-07 23:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pardon my ignorance, I've been trying to follow this but I one very important question.

What the hell is this for ?

I can't find one thing that this is used for other than the fact that it alludes to Goblin Drink.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-07 23:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Um I'm guessing its food and you eat it...
[+]
By Serj 2011-02-07 23:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol. Cabbage, corn, or moss. What would go good in stirfry...................... MOSS! God I love people's logic.
 Bahamut.Illyst
user: illyst
By Bahamut.Illyst 2011-02-07 23:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Yoroitsune said:
Pardon my ignorance, I've been trying to follow this but I one very important question.

I can't find one thing that this is used for other than the fact that it alludes to Goblin Drink.

your ignorance is not pardoned, you ignorant *** mfer
[+]
 Bahamut.Yoroitsune
user: ForteGSX
By Bahamut.Yoroitsune 2011-02-07 23:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Illyst said:
Bahamut.Yoroitsune said:

your ignorance is not pardoned, you ignorant *** mfer

You cannot hide from my loev fgt !

It will follow you to the ends of this earth and beyond !
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-07 23:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

My guesses:

#1: Olive Oil
#2: La Theine Cabbage
#3: Coral Fungus
#4: Rarab Tail
#5: Ginger Root (Could also be Sandy carrot or Mhaura garlic)
#6: Kazham Peppers
#7: Hare Meat
#8: Lacking any clues, I'll say Soy Stock!

Edited out: #7: I have no *** clue. Only forced spawned lizard NMs in the game use Adaman Ore, Rattling Egg, and Molt Scraps... so that kills that line of thinking unless it's just a bird egg... Doubtful.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-02-08 00:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

For lizard it could be one of the ingredients for the Lizards Broths.
Hare Meat, Rotten Meat or Gelatin. Makes more sense with the hint that it can possibly be Hare Meat.
 Titan.Attrebus
Server: Titan
user: Attrebus
By Titan.Attrebus 2011-02-08 00:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

#7 is probably Hare Meat. Carrion Broth is used to call the Lizard familiar and it uses Hare Meat and Rotten Meat.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-08 00:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder how sucky this is going to be
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-08 00:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Attrebus said:
#7 is probably Hare Meat. Carrion Broth is used to call the Lizard familiar and it uses Hare Meat and Rotten Meat.
Ah, didn't think of that, that's most probably it.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-02-08 00:32:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Titan.Attrebus said:
Ah, didn't think of that, that's most probably it.
Quote:
Lizards are just crazy about this next ingredient. Except the rotten ones of course!
The hint says Lizards aren't crazy about the "rotten ones." If it said "Lizards are crazy about the next ingredient, including rotten ones" then I'd agree with you.
Keep in mind that this is a riddle, so there may be a play of words there. There's two sentences there, not a comma. So that could mean that:

Lizards are just crazy about this next ingredient.
Quote:
Gelatin
Hare Meat
Rotten Meat
Except the Rotten ones of course!
Quote:
Gelatin
Hare Meat
Rotten Meat
The "Except the Rotten ones of course!" could mean that you would not use a rotten ingredient for a food.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-08 02:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bird egg sounds incredibly plausible to me. Rotten egg is a pretty common term.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-08 02:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Bird egg sounds incredibly plausible to me. Rotten egg is a pretty common term.
Also both eggs and meat are common in stir-frys. However, as common a term as "rotten egg" might be, it's not a game term, which makes me lean more towards hare meat. The other thing is that looking at only FFXI resources, bird egg is a hell of a stretch. Lizards might eat bird eggs in real life, but there's nothing to substantiate that within FFXI itself.

Now that I've said all that, watch it be bird egg.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-08 02:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Diveine said:
Goblin Stir-fry Hint #4: The next ingredient is also featured in the souvenir dish of a certain hostel found in Windurst Waters. (1/2)
Goblin Stir-fry Hint #4: Related: "It's no good, dearie. We'll just have to find another one!"

Smooth Stone not Rarab Tail. L2Windurst. (Aimed at Blazza D:<)
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-08 02:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:

Well I definitely could be wrong, but here's my logic. Smooth Stone is used in the mentioned quest, but, well, it's a rock. Also the item description says that it's used as a weight in making pickles, in that quest, she's making pickled rarab tails, and it's the rarab tail hostelry. A rarab tail is a blue pea. Personally I'd rather a stir fry with blue peas than with a rock that came out of a giant bug's stomach.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-08 02:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

Smooth Stone is used in the mentioned quest, but, well, it's a rock. Also the item description says that it's used as a weight in making pickles, in that quest, she's making pickled rarab tails, and it's the rarab tail hostelry. A rarab tail is a blue pea. Personally I'd rather a stir fry with blue peas than with a rock that came out of a giant bug's stomach.

Hmmm. HMMMMMM. Forgot it was a weight, I just remembered that's what the quote was directed at. I suppose it would be Rarab Tail. :(
 Phoenix.Amael
By Phoenix.Amael 2011-02-08 02:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:

It could be Rarab tail, as the stone isn't an ingredient for any recipe.

Also quest summary:
Quote:
The weighting stone used to make the Rarab Tail Hostelry's specialty dish, "Rarab Tail Pickles", was broken. Chamama wants you to find her a replacement stone that is just the right size, shape, and weight.

Quote:
Smooth stone Rare/Exclusive
This round stone is the perfect size
to use as a weight for making pickles.

Edit: Damn! Was late >=\
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-08 02:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeaaah I suck. *hiding now*
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-08 02:28:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Odin.Blazza said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

Smooth Stone is used in the mentioned quest, but, well, it's a rock. Also the item description says that it's used as a weight in making pickles, in that quest, she's making pickled rarab tails, and it's the rarab tail hostelry. A rarab tail is a blue pea. Personally I'd rather a stir fry with blue peas than with a rock that came out of a giant bug's stomach.

Hmmm. HMMMMMM. Forgot it was a weight, I just remembered that's what the quote was directed at. I suppose it would be Rarab Tail. :(
I understand where you're coming from of course, the clue really does make you think smooth stone, it's only the fact that I don't think a stone would be very nice to eat that makes me take my thinking a little further. But hey, maybe it's like a bezoar, and the stir-fry has amazing healing properties!

And sorry, I came off a little harsh in that earlier post, tried to edit away my rough edge, but you'd already read it anyway >:o

Edit: damn right I just Harry Potter geeked you!
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-08 02:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Blazza said:
I understand where you're coming from of course, the clue really does make you think smooth stone, it's only the fact that I don't think a stone would be very nice to eat that makes me take my thinking a little further. But hey, maybe it's like a bezoar, and the stir-fry has amazing healing properties!

And sorry, I came off a little harsh in that earlier post, tried to edit away my rough edge, but you'd already read it anyway >:o

It's 3AM, past my bedtime and I'm being dumb. It's totally kay~<3

I STILL BET IT'S THE ROCK. Everyone loves eating rocks...

@EDIT: OLORD
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-08 02:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
That made me laugh too much.. I don't even...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-08 02:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Odin.Blazza said:

It's 3AM, past my bedtime and I'm being dumb. It's totally kay~<3

I STILL BET IT'S THE ROCK. Everyone loves eating rocks...

@EDIT: OLORD

OH MY GOD
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-08 02:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

PONIES EVERYWHERE!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master