users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Maleficus
Maleficus
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-06 10:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't seen any testings on it so I went outside Jeuno to test it since I got that yesterday. Didn't expect much but I'm not really good at math so I would need some help here <.<

Got naked and put the scythe on and nuked some Raptors. Had 98+10 INT. Stone 1 did always 61 damage expect once when it did 78 damage. After that I changed my gear so I had 20 mab and 10 INT without scythe. ( magic crit gives 10 mab afaik and scythe has 10 mab 10 int on it). Nuked again and my nukes did 65 damage now. Would be nice if anyone could do the math. I hope I did everything right!
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-06 10:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll assume the math you want is how much +crit dmg is. For this especially since we don't know mob int and T1 nukes cap dint kinda low I think int doesn't matter.

So at 90 you should have 46 MAB with just the staff on and 56 with a normal crit. So a normal crit should've only done around 65 dmg like your testing showed. Now with this limited test you did the dmg equivalent of 86ish MAB so either gives another 30 MAB to crits or +20% dmg on crits.

The problems is this test is somewhat incomplete. While most +crit gear just adds more MAB to the crit it also usually only does like +1 at most. So it being this high and something I think it be best to rule out possibility of a straight +% dmg on crits.

Also best to test with higher tier nukes and trash mobs like outside of starting cities. Having such low numbers means even rounding down to the next lowest integer can make a rather big difference. I usually do T3 and 4 in most testing of things but part of that is I'm testing int and such too.

And to differentiate between +MAB or +% dmg would have to test with decently different MAB amounts

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2011-02-06 11:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought Dint caps at like 12xx something? Or what do you mean? Guess I'm gonna try to nuke some bees outside bastok and see what I get
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-06 11:27:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
Thought Dint caps at like 12xx something? Or what do you mean? Guess I'm gonna try to nuke some bees outside bastok and see what I get
Well it's the whole term including the multiple that caps at 1276. Though not sure if it's been tested on everything. I know it's been tested on sanguine blade a couple of blu spells and I've done it on wildfire...

But iirc tier 1 cap much lower. The real point of doing higher tier nukes is to get bigger numbers and lower rounding errors.

The main reason to do lvl 0 mobs right outside of starting cities is they all have exactly 6 int with no variance.