Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » XBox 360 New Disc problems
XBox 360 New Disc problems
By Bluespyder 2011-02-04 16:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I looked in the General forums and couldn't find anything with this topic.
I was curious if anyone else has had issues when trying to download the game on 360 with the Ultimate Collection 2010? It is brand new and it is reading my disc maybe 1 out of 20 tries. The Xbox has no issues reading any other disc. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. My main form to play on is PC so before lol360. This is just for a backup when the wife needs the Laptop lol.
By sefalon 2011-02-04 16:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Try the Music trick. Normally if you exit out of game wrong this happens. It can something else wrong but worth a shot.

What you do is go to your xbox dash and play a song if you dont have and grab a cd and burn one on it. Then when it is playing load game.
By Bluespyder 2011-02-04 16:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

sefalon said:
Try the Music trick. Normally if you exit out of game wrong this happens. It can something else wrong but worth a shot. What you do is go to your xbox dash and play a song if you dont have and grab a cd and burn one on it. Then when it is playing load game.
Thanks. I will try that.
 Siren.Shihan
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: shihan
By Siren.Shihan 2011-02-04 16:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I generallyl use a mp3 player to do the same thing. Hook it up, play a song. Game starts every time. Also if you notice your system loading "slower" then usual try this. It seems to remedy the problem.
By Bluespyder 2011-02-04 16:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Shihan said:
I generallyl use a mp3 player to do the same thing. Hook it up, play a song. Game starts every time. Also if you notice your system loading "slower" then usual try this. It seems to remedy the problem.
Will do. Thanks.
 Titan.Xairu
Server: Titan
user: Xairu
By Titan.Xairu 2011-02-04 17:10:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the same problem with my ultimate collection on xbox, and the music trick doesn't work.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-02-04 17:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

clearing the cache could work but it could also kill your instal, i got lucky when i did it, fixed my disc to hdd issue for xi and halo wars.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-04 17:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

i had this type of problem when my disc drive died .
poor disk drive QQ, haven't got a new xbox since...not that i played xi on my xbox since i lived at my old house but eh.
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-02-04 17:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
clearing the cache could work but it could also kill your instal, i got lucky when i did it, fixed my disc to hdd issue for xi and halo wars.

That was fixed ages ago, it will not remove FFXI nor any other save files.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-02-05 12:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkestknight said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

That was fixed ages ago, it will not remove FFXI nor any other save files.
eh? then *** it, clear the cache, go!
 Bismarck.Cerelyn
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Cerelyn 2011-02-05 13:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Xairu said:
I have the same problem with my ultimate collection on xbox, and the music trick doesn't work.
Get a PC. Problem solved!