Is this the new salvage dupe?
[+]
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-04 02:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

... what?

Where did you even hear that this was possible?
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-02-04 02:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:
... what?

Where did you even hear that this was possible?

If you talk to any npc while having the brew active it "freezes" its timer until you are done. Pop magian spectacles and freeze it until your group pops another nm and brings it to you, kill it, rinse, repeat.
[+]
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-04 02:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
... what? Where did you even hear that this was possible?
If you talk to any npc while having the brew active it "freezes" its timer until you are done. Pop magian spectacles and freeze it until your group pops another nm and brings it to you, kill it, rinse, repeat.
oh that? I thought the op was talking about a way to glich brew so it never wears off.

To answer the op no I don't think SE would consider that on the same level as the salvage dupe.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-02-04 02:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
oh that? I thought the op was talking about a way to glich brew so it never wears off.

To answer the op no I don't think SE would consider that on the same level as the salvage dupe.

I agree.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2011-02-04 02:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not like you can do it with every buff since the initial release of the game.

Wait a minute....

PS. Magian spectacles don't work in abyssea.
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Server: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-02-04 02:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Making more topics about the same thing isnt going to bring more attention to the topic.

Freezing timers on dialogs is as old as the game itself. I was used in sumoner burns, it was used in fell cleaves, it's used in brews.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-02-04 02:39:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:
It's not like you can do it with every buff since the initial release of the game.

Wait a minute....

PS. Magian spectacles don't work in abyssea.

Whatever, I haven't tried it and it's the example I heard. Use a martello, or an npc, or a conflux, or your uncle jimmy, whatever.
 Phoenix.Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-02-04 02:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, they technically work, but you get event skipped in 45 seconds when it depops. But yea, use a martello, pyxis, w/e.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nequito
Server: Cerberus
user: Fayt1215
By Cerberus.Nequito 2011-02-04 03:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Never heard of it

[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2011-02-04 03:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Salmijr said:
Well, they technically work, but you get event skipped in 45 seconds when it depops. But yea, use a martello, pyxis, w/e.
i actually tried using my spectacles the other day, they dont work in abyssea, so i usually look at the box that drops from the NM till A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES
[+]
 Siren.Razale
Server: Siren
By Siren.Razale 2011-02-04 03:52:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to do this all the time with flee. Pop flee, do something that pauses the status, wait 5 minutes, run off then pop flee immediately again when it wears. Great for getting through dangerous areas.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2011-02-04 04:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Phoenix.Salmijr said:
i actually tried using my spectacles the other day, they dont work in abyssea, so i usually look at the box that drops from the NM till A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES

I don't know why they didn't work for you in Abyssea, cause I can confirm 100% that they work in there.
[+]
 Bismarck.Tuvae
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2011-02-04 04:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Serj said:
Bismarck.Ihina said:
It's not like you can do it with every buff since the initial release of the game. Wait a minute.... PS. Magian spectacles don't work in abyssea.
Whatever, I haven't tried it and it's the example I heard. Use a martello, or an npc, or a conflux, or your uncle jimmy, whatever.
Yeh i used martello in ulegrande range, was having a laugh thought id brew Empousa, just because I could. Got off multiple kills with someone pulling it to me.
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-02-04 04:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tuvae said:
Bahamut.Serj said:
Bismarck.Ihina said:
It's not like you can do it with every buff since the initial release of the game. Wait a minute.... PS. Magian spectacles don't work in abyssea.
Yeh i used martello in ulegrande range, was having a laugh thought id brew Empousa, just because I could. Got off multiple kills with someone pulling it to me.
Um yeah mog specs do work in abyssea.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2011-02-04 05:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I just hopped into Abyssea to check. The item loads to completion and it looks like I was able to successfully use the specs, but the book didn't appear.

If you use it in town, there will be a message that says, "That action cannot be used in this area."

I zoned to Sauromugue and use it, the book appears as normal.'

So yeah, can't use it to freeze brew in abyssea.

I don't know, maybe there's some kind of condition to fulfill or it's just some kind of bug.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2011-02-04 05:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said:
I just hopped into Abyssea to check. The item loads to completion and it looks like I was able to successfully use the specs, but the book didn't appear.

If you use it in town, there will be a message that says, "That action cannot be used in this area."

I zoned to Sauromugue and use it, the book appears as normal.'

So yeah, can't use it to freeze brew in abyssea.

I don't know, maybe there's some kind of condition to fulfill or it's just some kind of bug.
It's probably just a bug. A lot of people have issues with confluxes not loading, some, but not as many people, have issues with NPC's occasionally not loading, and I even have issues with chests not loading, so it's most probably just that.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-02-04 05:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I used specs to freeze timer from killing Konstat VNMt3 and then killed Turlul, worked fine.
 Phoenix.Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-02-04 05:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

If you care about drops at all, you take a few people(hopefully each holding a pop) to help you hold the NM long enough to proc yellow/blue/red/TH before you blow it up. Lets people get +2 items, leys the person working on the empyrean pop multiples, etc.

And yea, specs definitely work inside abyssea. Your system must be lagging or something. They still suck for brew holding tho, since they event skip you out of the dialog when they despawn.
 Fenrir.Didgist
Server: Fenrir
user: Didgist
By Fenrir.Didgist 2011-02-04 12:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the feedback. I know flee and other status can be frozen, but some like boost have been patched. I highly doubt SE can afford another banhammer. However, if it becomes the new standard way to burn Abyssea bosses I feel they will patch it.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-04 12:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nequito said:

Never heard of it

SEVENTY TWO *** EMAILS?
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-02-04 12:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The book counts as an NPC. So in normal areas if you have your NPC out, the book won't come out/cannot interact with it. By extension, perhaps Ihina is trying to use the book in a full party in-zone (i.e. no space for NPC.)

Just a guess. :p
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-04 12:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
but some like boost have been patched.

Boost has always been like that. Even back in my ballista days (2005), if you /quarry to dig for petra, boost effect wears off when you get a temp item or petra (Or i think even if you get nothing)
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-02-04 12:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Cerberus.Nequito said:

Never heard of it

SEVENTY TWO *** EMAILS?
I think its actually 25 emails, i think...

Anyways that's ridiculous lol
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-04 13:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The e-mails is one of our main concerns, with this I agree. Our second concern should be.. why would you ever brew Sobek?
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-04 13:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
The e-mails is one of our main concerns, with this I agree. Our second concern should be.. why would you ever brew Sobek?
To make it faster I suppose... but really if I was going to waste a brew on it I'd want to take out at least 25 per brew
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-02-04 13:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

As follow-up on this, and because I can't leave things alone once I get them in my head, I checked the various zones with the Magian Specs.

All alone (without party) I was unable to activate the Trial Log book in Ulegarand/Altepa/Grauberg (Heroes zones) but was able to do so in all 6 of the previous (Scars/Visions) zones. Maybe that caused the trouble for Ihina initially.

Anyone else able to confirm they are able to bring it up in the Heroes expansion zones?
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-04 13:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said:
(without party)

foreveralone <3

j/k though, good research. :)
 Fenrir.Schutz