Forum » FFXI » General » Rank 3 prize Marble dilemma
Rank 3 prize Marble dilemma
 Quetzalcoatl.Xearo
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: UltraIce
By Quetzalcoatl.Xearo 2011-02-03 20:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay so, the problem here is that, I really don't have great gear. I play often but, I can never seem to get anything good due to the fact that I cannot ever get into a good LS, and my /random's suck something hard. With that being said, my jobs are
Main: Sam
2nd: Drk
3rd: Mnk
4th: None yet, but thinking either Pld,Blu, or Nin.

I want the Homan Legs, but I think I can buy them of someone for a mil. I also want the Noct helm because well, I will never do WotG missions, and now its just a Novelty item that you would just wear in town, but the Occ. Absorbs phy. dmg is also nice for those 'tank' moments. Can someone please let me know what the better choice is here. (btw, I will most likly not ever do a mage job, idk why, I just like to be on the front lines)
[+]
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2011-02-03 21:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Rank 3 really doesnt offer anything of great value compared to whats available, Nocturnus Helm would be my choice too
 Quetzalcoatl.Aaradia
user: izzlet
By Quetzalcoatl.Aaradia 2011-02-03 21:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

homam*
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-02-03 21:09:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't do Homam Legs >_> they're surpassed by... everything.
[+]
By Shiroineko 2011-02-03 21:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

personally i would choose the homam from those options... pants are a *** to drop.

and correct me if i'm wrong but, what wotg missions for shinryu...? dont you only have to like, unlock getting to the past (maws) to get in to abyssea in the first place? all you do from there is beat zone bosses and caturae

edit: i see you have a twilight scythe dude, you've already been in to Shinryu. what's the issue with just spamming him til you get helm? not enough cruor? too good for shout groups!? >:O hmm
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-02-03 21:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

ace's hose
Also, the most valuable thing from Rank3 is probably Valhalla Helm.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xearo
By Quetzalcoatl.Xearo 2011-02-03 21:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought to get Noct helm/body was to do a ***-ton of Campaigns and such (WotG missions I think, but idk lol) before you can even get to the BCNM to do that fight. But it seems Noct Helm might be the choice here. I heard a good points so far, but looking for more. Again, I have nothing really special on my account so, any input would help.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-02-03 21:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

In your case, I'd do either Valhalla Helm for overall utility or Nocturnus for rarity.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-02-03 21:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh So SE this time wasn't cheap on their treasures for The rankings...

WOW?? ... bout time SE made on their words.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-03 21:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Get Hautelcaire like a *** boss. Go around waving it at foes hoping they die of laughter as you stride upon your incredible VIT and DEF sets and eliminate the evil undead from the bottomless pits of the ***Abyss.

First I guess you have to level PLD though, so, have at it.
[+]
 Caitsith.Raolin
Server: Caitsith
user: Raolin
By Caitsith.Raolin 2011-02-03 22:19:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiroineko said:
personally i would choose the homam from those options... pants are a *** to drop. and correct me if i'm wrong but, what wotg missions for shinryu...? dont you only have to like, unlock getting to the past (maws) to get in to abyssea in the first place? all you do from there is beat zone bosses and caturae edit: i see you have a twilight scythe dude, you've already been in to Shinryu. what's the issue with just spamming him til you get helm? not enough cruor? too good for shout groups!? >:O hmm

I think you're confusing Nocturnus Helm, which you get from Fiat Lux, with Twilight Helm, which you get from Shinryu.
[+]
 Cerberus.Quipto
Server: Cerberus
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-02-03 22:45:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xearo said:
I thought to get Noct helm/body was to do a ***-ton of Campaigns and such (WotG missions I think, but idk lol) before you can even get to the BCNM to do that fight. But it seems Noct Helm might be the choice here. I heard a good points so far, but looking for more. Again, I have nothing really special on my account so, any input would help.
Noct body/helm is basically virtually impossible to get now. Your server would have to take over north lands in campaign. And seeing as how no one does campaign anymore, never gonna happen again.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2011-02-03 22:48:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Homam pants offer fast cast, so they aren't useless but it wouldn't be something that I'd use on this particularly with your current jobs although blu and pld would make use of it if you do level those.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xearo
By Quetzalcoatl.Xearo 2011-02-03 23:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I will do Blu next tbh. I see a lot of them being needed, and tearing stuff up. So, I will most likly do Blue Mage. I'm still torn. Its sad that I'm even making a fuss of Rank3 items lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Khajit
user: Khajit
By Quetzalcoatl.Khajit 2011-02-04 07:27:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Noct helm is prettymuch the default since you will never get a chance at it again, haste pants are somewhat easy to get, and the double attack makes it hard for noct helm to be beat due to the current state of the game. It also doubles as something to plop in a pdt set.
Monarchs orb if you have friends who can kill bahamut for cashmere/gil,
Dont touch homam legs as your prize since even if limbus isnt as popular anymore it's not THAT hard to attempt to get. It's really just fast cast for your jobs in the end.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-04 07:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Noct helm imo, very very rare item due to current state of campaign.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-04 07:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd pick Noct or Vhelm without a doubt, which one of the two would take me awhile to decide tho >_<