Errors In FFXI (English)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Errors in FFXI (English)
Errors in FFXI (English)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-03 18:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated it, thanks guys!

When it slows down to about one per day, I'll twitter the link (and probably ask everyone else to do the same so something comes of it.)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-04 14:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I updated this again with some more things people told me in game. Going to give it the weekend and then probably Twitter it on Monday.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-02-04 14:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The set bonus on raider's poulaines +2 is worded differently than the rest of the set(ex: raider's vest +2).
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2011-02-04 14:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The guy at the gate to Korroloka Tunnel in Z. Mines sayes something gramatically incorrect.. I can't check ATM because Phoenix is down.

In Konschtat Highlands, East-Southeast of the Crag of Dem there are 2-3 floating flowers. (Atleast on PS2, I haven't checked since I got my PC.)

Not really an error, just something I noticed; The WSs Guillotine and Vorpal Scythe seem to have their names mixed up, The animation for Vorpal Scythe brings to mind a guillotine, with it's blades coming up to clamp the enemy, and Guillotine is a multi-hit, more like a Vorpal WS.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-02-04 15:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

A15 - Did you mean quotation marks?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-04 15:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I did! And I added some of the other ones.

The Konschtat flowers are listed as B6.

Also, it's interesting that you mention the Guillotine/Vorpal switch Kojo, but I don't think they're mixed up. Vorpal seems to denote that the WS is critable, and the animation is 1-hit like the WS. Guillotine is multi-hit and can't crit, so it probably isn't secretly Vorpal. It always seemed silly to me that Guillotine would be a scythe weaponskill anyway, considering what a guillotine looks like. Great Axe, Great Sword, or just regular Axe all would have been more appropriate. I agree that the animation is poorly made though.

I will check the Korroloka tunnel guy when I can and post it.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2011-02-04 15:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
I did! And I added some of the other ones. The Konschtat flowers are listed as B6. Also, it's interesting that you mention the Guillotine/Vorpal switch Kojo, but I don't think they're mixed up. Vorpal seems to denote that the WS is critable, and the animation is 1-hit like the WS. Guillotine is multi-hit and can't crit, so it probably isn't secretly Vorpal. It always seemed silly to me that Guillotine would be a scythe weaponskill anyway, considering what a guillotine looks like. Great Axe, Great Sword, or just regular Axe all would have been more appropriate. I agree that the animation is poorly made though. I will check the Korroloka tunnel guy when I can and post it.

I meant the names themselves seemed mixed up, and yeah, you'd thing Guillotie would be a GA WS, GA does have King's Justice, which is a reference to a Guillotine, tho. Think "Off with his head!"
 Quetzalcoatl.Coder
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: coder
By Quetzalcoatl.Coder 2011-02-04 15:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
I'm not sure if this is a type-o, but I would assume they both should say the same thing for the "Set:"

Twilight helm
Twilight mail

They both do say the same thing in game since as long as I have had the items. ffxiah must not have updated the description after they fixed it in game.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-02-04 16:16:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, even on wiki it shows both saying "Auto-Reraise". You can remove that from the list, Byrth.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-04 16:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, I replaced the Twilight Helm/Mail thing with Aisha: Ichi's questionable grammar (courtesy of Phaffi who I logged out on as he told me that).
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-07 15:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, posting this. Tweet it or retweet it too and maybe something will get done.
 Valefor.Forgotten
Server: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Forgotten 2011-02-07 15:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
stun jamadhar
stun jamadhars +1
Actually, the issue with these is the jobs that can equip them.
They should just add both sets of jobs to both items.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2011-02-07 15:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The [insert mob name here] is no longer Dia.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-02-07 16:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Changed it.

I know those messages are a result of erase moves, but I'd like to know which ones before I put it up there specifically as an example. I just put it as a general grammar issue now, but that means it probably won't get addressed.
 Bismarck.Kasandaro
Server: Bismarck
user: kasandaro
By Bismarck.Kasandaro 2011-02-10 12:38:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
I agree about the Erase message, but I would like to know specifically what type of erase does that. Do all Erases result in that message?

It's more dependent on the status removed. Where it really becomes screamingly obvious is when Divine Veil procs or when Esuna is used - the first person gets a vaguely grammatical sentence. It's everyone else it hits: "Person is no longer status."
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2011-02-10 12:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

But but but....I <3 "is attack down"!
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2011-02-10 20:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding Kanesada/+1/Shinkanesada

Shinkanesada loosely means 'new kanesada', so the name is appropriate. Although it does not follow the trend of +1/+2.

If Shinkanesada were to change to anything, it'd be Kanesada +2.
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-02-10 21:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The WotG mission "A Dreamy Interlude" is incorrectly named "Rebirth" on the LS community site.

The title "Mender of Wings" granted from completing the WotG mission "Whispers of Dawn" is changed to "Wing of the Goddess" on the LS community site.
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2011-02-10 22:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if this was put down yet:

When a whm uses Martyr or Devotion on you it says in the log that you used it not the white mage:

"NameA uses Devotion NameA recovers #MP" rather then "NameB uses Devotion NameA recovers#MP"
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2011-02-10 22:33:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If a THF uses Conspirator on a NIN with the effect of Myoshu: Ichi currently active, the game will say "Ninja gains the effect of (None)."
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2011-02-10 23:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Another mistake that hasn't been addressed is a short bit of JP text that occurs when speaking with the Campaign Medal NPC. It might be limited to only the Sandy NPC. I can't confirm the other two NPCs.
 Bahamut.Foxxy
Server: Bahamut
user: Foxxy
By Bahamut.Foxxy 2011-02-11 00:53:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Cyana said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
I vaguely remember that Igqira Lappas or Genie Lappas showed show up in inventory (and must be macroed) as "Lappa" instead of "Lappas." I think it was Genie. Does anyone have a pair and can attest to it?

It's the Genie version as shown in SS below. Box says Lappas, item actually named Lappa.

It's the same for NQ just checked on mine.
 Cerberus.Quipto
user: Quipto
By Cerberus.Quipto 2011-02-11 01:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Trauma said:
Another mistake that hasn't been addressed is a short bit of JP text that occurs when speaking with the Campaign Medal NPC. It might be limited to only the Sandy NPC. I can't confirm the other two NPCs.
Does it in windy also. It's from the recent update that made your mission progress keep you from losing Campaign rank.
 Jar
By Jar 2011-02-11 02:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ettalo said:
A5) There is a recipe for a level 63 Great Katana whose Normal Quality result is "Kanesada +1" and whose High Quality result is "Shinkanesada". I imagine that you meant for the NQ to just be Kanesada.

Kanesada

kanesada +1

Kanesada is in fact an ingredient in making Kanesada +1, so I doubt that was their intention. I do think the whole line of g.katanas is pretty awkward, though.

Maybe kanesada > shikanesada/shikanesada+1? I don't know.

You originaly use a Kansada To make the Kansada+1 and the HQ of that is the Shikanesada So the Shinesada is the +2 version So the name is not wrong it is the Box around them image <_< Dont know if that made sense... Just think Winderstian dagger
[+]
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2011-02-11 05:42:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Quipto said:
Quetzalcoatl.Trauma said:
Does it in windy also. It's from the recent update that made your mission progress keep you from losing Campaign rank.

It was the same in Bastok too, for a while a month back Hieronymus would randomly speak in Japanese text when you pick out an op to do, right after he said "Are ya sure that's the one you want?"
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-02-12 12:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

NPC: Llewellyn
Area: Windurst Waters {S}
Dialog: Campaign evaluation (Expired metal?)

Clicky for heug.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [86 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-05-09 13:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats guys! It's impossible to say that we were responsible for the changes they made, but man did they ever make a lot of the ones we listed!