Game: FFXI
user: skitz
By Phoenix.Huginn 2011-02-01 18:33:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:
Phoenix.Huginn said:
Shiva.Gylfie said:
Quote:

A lot of Americans can't even find their own country on a map. So I'm not surprised Fox News has no idea about Egypt!

They've been covering a war in Iraq and yet they seem to think its Egypt, bravo!
Context...
Look at the picture. at no point is Egypt referenced. It appears to be a story about Secretary of Defense Gates meeting with ISRAEL'S Defense Minister.
Also please note that although there is no timestamp on the picture, it references "government coercion of Chrysler."
This looks to be a direct attempt to fake a problem that did not happen.
If i were to guess, i would think that this picture is from 2009 or 2010.
Nice try, but you cant just make ***up and then call fox news a bunch of blathering idiots.
Gylfie, i am calling you out and declaring shenanigans.

I think you missed the point, Egypt is completely in the wrong spot, also its a picture taken from this website http://plixi.com/p/73294801

Edit: Also, its fox. Are you really thinking fox isn't THAT stupid?

oh ***i did. sorry, i looked AT egypt and did not see it labeled, my bad
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-02-01 18:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

huffington post link.

Quote:
Twitter has been abuzz today over an image from Fox News showing a map of the Middle East. What's the hubbub? Well, for starters, the map shows Egypt as being where Iraq should be, and, we guess, some other anonymous country in Egypt's spot.

But the bigger news is that the image is, in fact, old news. It was originally circulated two years ago, presumably to show that Fox News doesn't know where Iraq is on a map. But Egypt, Iraq...same difference, as long as Fox News gets the credit for being wrong, right?

So while the map itself may have been a legitimate gaffe on Fox News' part (and not the work of a miscreant with mad Photoshop skills) it's at the very least, an old gaffe. We certainly don't condone misinformation of any kind, but we can understand the zest with which the Internet has passed this around today. As Harris K. Telemacher almost said in "LA Story," "An erroneous Fox News graphic may not be the truth, but it's what we wish were true."
 Phoenix.Excelior
Server: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2011-02-03 14:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Gylfie said:
Quote:
A lot of Americans can't even find their own country on a map. So I'm not surprised Fox News has no idea about Egypt!
They've been covering a war in Iraq and yet they seem to think its Egypt, bravo!

For the record I bet you can't label most countries on a map without a reference.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 15:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Excelior said:
Shiva.Gylfie said:
Quote:

For the record I bet you can't label most countries on a map without a reference.

I sure as well would reference a map if I was making one for a news broadcast.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-22 08:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of you actually took this OP/thread as a reason to DEFEND Faux News?

*headdesk*
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2011-02-22 09:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

randomly found this
>.>
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck