Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Ideas For Faster Magian Trials Completion
Ideas For Faster Magian Trials Completion
By AsuraVanzan 2011-02-01 13:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Any ideas, thoughts, strategies, success stories etc. Most trials are horribly boring and I'm quit sure some ppl have all but fallen asleep getting these done lol. If ur like me with limited game time in general before you even throw ls events into the mix, this can get frustrating if nothing else.

Slow and mind numbing is slow and mind numbing.

I am currently on trial 1914 for Tapian Fangs +1 which requires 300 lizard family kills on firesday or fire weather. I'm considering setting up a Fell Cleave pt in A. Mis. or A. Khon. or somewhere else but then realized lizards give ruby lights. Are there any mobs in the lizard family that don't give ruby lights?

Another idea I had would be a blm burn. I'm just looking for faster ways for getting these things over with. I wish now I had been less lazy when this first came out. Finding ppl that want/need older trials now a days is like finding a needle in a haystack lol.

Anyway, list ur success stories and ideas and such.

inbforkuftaltunnellhasfireweather >.<
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-01 13:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You can still get your time up with lots of ruby. I just finished a cruor pt of like 12 people taht made a good 300 min in about 3-4 hours. And that's with lots of ruby for silver lights and slower killing since we had to coordinate alternating species kills. I did manage to get like 300k cruor and a good 300 or so off my 2-4 swd trial so was a great success.

Also yes weather is preferable. Especially since usually there are other people there doing something similar. Or at least used to be
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-02-01 13:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Step 1) Find a BLU or WAR.

Step 2) Find your mobs in abyssea.

Step 3) Pull 500 of them at a time.

Step 4) ???

Step 5) Profit.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-01 14:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

MMM!
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-02-01 14:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

If you really want to get the kills the fastest, don't care about the ruby lights. Firesday only lasts one hour, so you won't time out. Just go in and murder everything. I just did a trial where I had to do 800 ws on amorphs, so I went in, grabbed Store TP atmas, and gave myself a 4 hit build with regain. Did that trial at least 2 or 3 times faster than I could have outside of Abyssea.
 Bahamut.Shaj
user: Shaj
By Bahamut.Shaj 2011-02-01 14:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quit you're job^^
By AsuraVanzan 2011-02-01 14:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
MMM!
^^ this
 Leviathan.Draugo
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2011-02-01 14:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thoraeon what mobs were they? I need to finish amorphs on firesday for my STR katana.
By AsuraVanzan 2011-02-01 14:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said:
If you really want to get the kills the fastest, don't care about the ruby lights. Firesday only lasts one hour, so you won't time out. Just go in and murder everything. I just did a trial where I had to do 800 ws on amorphs, so I went in, grabbed Store TP atmas, and gave myself a 4 hit build with regain. Did that trial at least 2 or 3 times faster than I could have outside of Abyssea.

Did this for bombs on last leg of the trial. This was much more effectve than fodder mobs outside abyssea. Except for lucking out and actually getting kills during fire weather.

Bahamut.Shaj said:
Quit you're job^^

I like this idea best lol. But my wife thinks differently than I do.
 Bahamut.Zoltar
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-02-01 15:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it easier to hold out for weather, to hell with the day. If you get the right weather and are lvl90, it should be np to kill 50-75 mobs
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-02-01 15:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said:

This, for sure. You can get what, 4 stones per day now? I know I get 3. With the additional 18 minutes, that's almost four hours PER DAY in Abyssea with never having to even think about TEs - waaaaaaaaaay more than enough for me. Go at it. And you don't need to do a formal, all pro fell cleave setup. It will go fast.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-01 15:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draugo said:
Thoraeon what mobs were they? I need to finish amorphs on firesday for my STR katana.

you could do worms in attohwa or uleg, there's la theine too but megamaw mikey pops there.

for lizards outside it'd be teriggan for non-abyssea, i believe raptors work. but you wouldn't finish in a single firesday unless you're lucky with weather.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2011-02-01 18:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Leviathan.Draugo said:

you could do worms in attohwa or uleg, there's la theine too but megamaw mikey pops there.

for lizards outside it'd be teriggan for non-abyssea, i believe raptors work. but you wouldn't finish in a single firesday unless you're lucky with weather.

I did worms in La Thiene. Mikey is easy enough to avoid. It was nice because the worms did not agro, just linked.
 Titan.Xantavia
Server: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2011-02-01 20:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently working on str shashmir right now, and I would love for anything to make it easier. Flans in firesday/weather is really limiting. Mt Zhaylom has been nothing but earth weather lately, and I can only get around 25 kills in abyssea solo during fireday.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-01 20:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said:
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
Leviathan.Draugo said:

I did worms in La Thiene. Mikey is easy enough to avoid. It was nice because the worms did not agro, just linked.
If you have a blm or rdm friend Uleg/attohwa probably better since you don't have to avoid aggro from it or accidentally aga it.. Can burn thru so many so fast especially if you have capped pearl/azure for rdm. So fun to just chainspell 6 or so mobs pop an ISL and do it again