Is There Ever Going To Be...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is there ever going to be...
Is there ever going to be...
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-02-03 01:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't want to remove those players.

We just want them to swap consoles.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Antonios
Server: Lakshmi
user: jokstr
By Lakshmi.Antonios 2011-02-03 01:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xueye said:
We don't want to remove those players.

We just want them to swap consoles.
[+]
 Fairy.Kaoz
Server: Fairy
user: Loswa
By Fairy.Kaoz 2011-02-03 01:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't this topic posted like every week?
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
Server: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2011-02-03 02:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

@Kovalev: Should not worry so much about copy/paste FFXI was the master of Copy/paste everything in the game from area to land was copy/paste. Copy/paste is part of mmo history from my understanding if you don't copy/paste your computer have to work harder to load new image each time and you need more room for your HDD. The no auto attack is no problem i play and talk to others top of that you don't need to talk when your fighting your too busy fighting and with the new type of Skillchain you don't have to make macros to tell others when you ws. Your Name turn blue once you have TP and you can see everyone else name turn blue.

@Osaia: -.- you joking right? FF1-14 is all the same

Same mobs, Same feel the reason they made FFXIV with the same race is for us FFXI players to jump on FFXIV without feeling like we left FFXI so we can easy jump in without feeling wrong about quiting FFXI. The game play sucks because there fixing the game FFXI was not the best game when it came out in japan it sucked big time. You all should learn about FFXI and FFXIV before jumping on thing you don't know and understand ffxi sucked at the start FFXIV does too and then what happen to ffxi when it came out for PS2 in USA? it became a great game. When FFXIV come out for the ps3 it be the same thing.

And look at what happen to ffxi now for me 90cap mess the game big time it don't feel like ffxi. COP no cap? wtf? ya the game is too easy for me. At least FFXIV is build around the understanding of the players. Sure FFXIV right now is pretty easy at some point you can make 1mil in about 1-2days but at least i'm playing a game that was build like that. FFXI dead to me the day they added 85 cap.

How i see it is ffxi wont be there for long at least FFXIV would for the next 10+years. Onces you get bored of ffxi move on to other game or join ffxiv and help them mold FFXIV to something we can enjoy beside just sitting there bitching about ffxiv and not playing it.

I loved FFXI and still do great memory great game but there noting left there anymore the game is dieing. you all need to understand this and get this in your head.

Just because you may know more then others don't mean your right about what your saying. Enjoy ffxi for whatever days it have left

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2011-02-03 02:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Kilorilo said:
Valefor.Leith said:
A very large chunk of SE's consumer market is still PS2 users

I see this every time the topic is brought up, where is the evidence of this ? are there numbers from 2009-2010 to prove this to be true? I don't think i know anyone who plays exclusively on ps2... even JPs seem to prefer PC over PS2 from my experience.

@OP: Yes, there will be new expansions. No reason SE can't pump out a decent size expansion every year or 2 (SOE does it to EQ still), the game is far from dead, why some people make it out to be so, IDK.

Because SE said in a FFXIV interview they like FFXI to last for 11years that it would be nice if it did. Not saying FFXI going to die when it hit 11years but it cost $ to hold up the game and pay everyone to fix / make update. When FFXIV become a game that great to play and a lot of ppl enjoy and most FFXI players quit and join FFXIV. If FFXI drop to a point that the $ coming in don't = the amount it waste to pay everything that a big waste of $. FFXIV right now is F2P to they fix any problem and it good enough for us to pay for. But that getting payed by the ppl who pay for the game and the CE version.

I just don't see FFXI lasting very long with the PS2 problem and other problems.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2011-02-03 02:45:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Kilorilo said:
Link to this interview ? also, regardless of how they change 14, people aren't going to flock to it from 11... they are 2 different games, its not XI-2, and never will be...

No it's not FFXI2.0 And sadly i'm not going to look up 60 interview where they said this. But they did say they want the game to at least last 11years because it called FF11 lol which is the joke part. But yes no everyone would jump on FFXIV but 70%+ of ppl who vote for FFXIV survey to see what we want in the game was FFXI players that tell you that tell you something. I love ffxi but you do have to see it that the game wont be here forever.
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2011-02-03 03:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Zenshiro said:
@Kovalev: Should not worry so much about copy/paste FFXI was the master of Copy/paste everything in the game from area to land was copy/paste. Copy/paste is part of mmo history from my understanding if you don't copy/paste your computer have to work harder to load new image each time and you need more room for your HDD. The no auto attack is no problem i play and talk to others top of that you don't need to talk when your fighting your too busy fighting and with the new type of Skillchain you don't have to make macros to tell others when you ws. Your Name turn blue once you have TP and you can see everyone else name turn blue.

@Osaia: -.- you joking right? FF1-14 is all the same

Same mobs, Same feel the reason they made FFXIV with the same race is for us FFXI players to jump on FFXIV without feeling like we left FFXI so we can easy jump in without feeling wrong about quiting FFXI. The game play sucks because there fixing the game FFXI was not the best game when it came out in japan it sucked big time. You all should learn about FFXI and FFXIV before jumping on thing you don't know and understand ffxi sucked at the start FFXIV does too and then what happen to ffxi when it came out for PS2 in USA? it became a great game. When FFXIV come out for the ps3 it be the same thing.

And look at what happen to ffxi now for me 90cap mess the game big time it don't feel like ffxi. COP no cap? wtf? ya the game is too easy for me. At least FFXIV is build around the understanding of the players. Sure FFXIV right now is pretty easy at some point you can make 1mil in about 1-2days but at least i'm playing a game that was build like that. FFXI dead to me the day they added 85 cap.

How i see it is ffxi wont be there for long at least FFXIV would for the next 10+years. Onces you get bored of ffxi move on to other game or join ffxiv and help them mold FFXIV to something we can enjoy beside just sitting there bitching about ffxiv and not playing it.

I loved FFXI and still do great memory great game but there noting left there anymore the game is dieing. you all need to understand this and get this in your head.

Just because you may know more then others don't mean your right about what your saying. Enjoy ffxi for whatever days it have left

FFXI dying? How many times have i seen that on forums for the last few years. My entire family was playing FFXIV. Lil bro, me, cus, other cus. Guess what.. Only 1 still plays and thats lil bro. Everyone else quit, went to wow, or came back here to ffxi. I'd rather play maple story than ffxiv. YMMV. BTW, i dont *** about ffxi. Been playing nonstop for almost 6yrs now. Still fun, still unique. And finally, I dont claim to know ***. I just post my opinion. Take it as such.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Kaiba
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kaiba
By Gilgamesh.Kaiba 2011-02-03 03:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, had to log on and post just because I was curious. How hard would it be, assuming it's even possible, to limit PS2 players to a virtual server and set things up so they can interact with the rest of the player base. You would have the server for Gilgamesh which is limited to PS3/360/PC, but on the Gilgamesh server, you have a virtual server which is Gilgamesh for the PS2 player base that retains the old areas, old graphics, etc. while the actual server is revamped with improved graphics, improved inventory(if that is still an issue), and new expansions.

What this could allow to happen, if it were possible, is for SE to retain their PS2 customers and keep them separate from the rest of the players while still allowing them to communicate/enjoy the game with them but still be able to add new content without the PS2's limitations. They could revamp the graphics as I mentioned, port to PS3(since revamping the graphics is likely to take years as well), add new content in the form of full fledged expansions that lack PS2 support so that we can be given another expansion to rival COP while still allowing those who refuse to upgrade to enjoy the game until the over all player base moves their entire gaming life to areas that the PS2 can't access(example would be if Abyssea lacked PS2 support, PS2 players could still enjoy the game, just not to the fullest).

The result could be that this game lasts another 10+ years possibility, which could translate into far more income for SE, PS2 players get to keep their console, everybody else gets their improvements, and I get to have my PS2 around for a backup and to use for running a bazaar overnight so I don't have to worry about my first gen PS3 burning down the house or the HD of my hard drive wearing out(use to leave my laptop running 24/7 and was told that was why the HD wore out and died in under 6 months).

And before anybody starts to point out that when XIV is fixed, everybody is going there and XI is dead, that was said pre-XIV release, it didn't happen and before SE drops PS2 support they should consider this: PS2 support in XI is making them money, XIV is not. Dropping PS2 support has been mentioned for years(think I remember as far back as 2006 as being when it started?) and hasn't happened, I am attempting to present a possible(my understanding of virtualization is limited so this might be a “no chance in hell” idea due to virtualization limitations) compromise that could be more likely to be implemented. At the very least, it's worth considering and maybe throwing out to SE in hopes that that they would be more willing to compromise on this issue.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 03:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2011-02-03 03:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Kaiba said:
Okay, had to log on and post just because I was curious. How hard would it be, assuming it's even possible, to limit PS2 players to a virtual server and set things up so they can interact with the rest of the player base. You would have the server for Gilgamesh which is limited to PS3/360/PC, but on the Gilgamesh server, you have a virtual server which is Gilgamesh for the PS2 player base that retains the old areas, old graphics, etc. while the actual server is revamped with improved graphics, improved inventory(if that is still an issue), and new expansions.

What this could allow to happen, if it were possible, is for SE to retain their PS2 customers and keep them separate from the rest of the players while still allowing them to communicate/enjoy the game with them but still be able to add new content without the PS2's limitations. They could revamp the graphics as I mentioned, port to PS3(since revamping the graphics is likely to take years as well), add new content in the form of full fledged expansions that lack PS2 support so that we can be given another expansion to rival COP while still allowing those who refuse to upgrade to enjoy the game until the over all player base moves their entire gaming life to areas that the PS2 can't access(example would be if Abyssea lacked PS2 support, PS2 players could still enjoy the game, just not to the fullest).

The result could be that this game lasts another 10+ years possibility, which could translate into far more income for SE, PS2 players get to keep their console, everybody else gets their improvements, and I get to have my PS2 around for a backup and to use for running a bazaar overnight so I don't have to worry about my first gen PS3 burning down the house or the HD of my hard drive wearing out(use to leave my laptop running 24/7 and was told that was why the HD wore out and died in under 6 months).

And before anybody starts to point out that when XIV is fixed, everybody is going there and XI is dead, that was said pre-XIV release, it didn't happen and before SE drops PS2 support they should consider this: PS2 support in XI is making them money, XIV is not. Dropping PS2 support has been mentioned for years(think I remember as far back as 2006 as being when it started?) and hasn't happened, I am attempting to present a possible(my understanding of virtualization is limited so this might be a “no chance in hell” idea due to virtualization limitations) compromise that could be more likely to be implemented. At the very least, it's worth considering and maybe throwing out to SE in hopes that that they would be more willing to compromise on this issue.

Don't you get it? FFXI working on a old Coding they don't want to waste time/$ on such old system that why they made FFXIV and trying there best to make it very good so FFXI players would quit and jump on FFXIV they said this over and over again. How i see it is they don't give a ***about FFXI anymore stop trying to lie to yourself and hope they make ffxi live longer then it should. Go to FFXIV once it fix or quit all together FFXI wont be here forever. They said it take too long to recode the game to port it too ps3 that why they made FFXIV because it take half the time to just make a new one then port FFXI--> ps3.

FFXI going to be here for some time but it going to end up dieing soon or later.

FFXIV is not making them $ but it's going to be there new cash flow they need FFXIV not FFXI they give up on that years ago then tanaka move on full time too FFXIV then he step down and they put a new guy. matter how you look at it they care about FFXIV more then FFXI at this point. FFXI payed itself off 5years ago x2 the amount they waste. FFXI is now only used to put in system to see how ffxi players like it if they do they used it on FFXIV. FOV= guildleves level sync = the way there no rank for your gear. Everything used in FFXI was a test for FFXIV it been said by SE from interview FFXI was just a test dummy for FFXIV.

Sure FFXIV sucks for many of you right now but soon 1year pass it would become a great game. storyline right now is ok it's pretty sweet to sit down and hear a awesome voice over and get really into. So far ffxiv is becoming better and better when they get all the problem fix it going to be awesome game when they add more and more ***to do.

I'm sure they wont drop FFXI all together but i don't see it lasting very long it could become F2P or cost 5-6$ in a year or so. then becoming a F2P for a few then shut down.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 04:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Kaiba said:

Don't you get it? FFXI working on a old Coding they don't want to waste time/$ on such old system that why they made FFXIV and trying there best to make it very good so FFXI players would quit and jump on FFXIV they said this over and over again. How i see it is they don't give a ***about FFXI anymore stop trying to lie to yourself and hope they make ffxi live longer then it should. Go to FFXIV once it fix or quit all together FFXI wont be here forever. They said it take too long to recode the game to port it too ps3 that why they made FFXIV because it take half the time to just make a new one then port FFXI--> ps3.

FFXI going to be here for some time but it going to end up dieing soon or later.

FFXIV is not making them $ but it's going to be there new cash flow they need FFXIV not FFXI they give up on that years ago then tanaka move on full time too FFXIV then he step down and they put a new guy. matter how you look at it they care about FFXIV more then FFXI at this point. FFXI payed itself off 5years ago x2 the amount they waste. FFXI is now only used to put in system to see how ffxi players like it if they do they used it on FFXIV. FOV= guildleves level sync = the way there no rank for your gear. Everything used in FFXI was a test for FFXIV it been said by SE from interview FFXI was just a test dummy for FFXIV.

Sure FFXIV sucks for many of you right now but soon 1year pass it would become a great game. storyline right now is ok it's pretty sweet to sit down and hear a awesome voice over and get really into. So far ffxiv is becoming better and better when they get all the problem fix it going to be awesome game when they add more and more ***to do.

I'm sure they wont drop FFXI all together but i don't see it lasting very long it could become F2P or cost 5-6$ in a year or so. then becoming a F2P for a few then shut down.

Stop being such a fanboy for the love of god. You make all of us who play XIV look even worse.

If people want to play XI then don't be a douche and say things like "Lol XI is going to die" unless it's obviously a joke.

On behalf of the XIV community I apologise.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Zenshiro
By Midgardsormr.Zenshiro 2011-02-03 04:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Gilgamesh.Kaiba said:

Stop being such a fanboy for the love of god. You make all of us who play XIV look even worse.

If people want to play XI then don't be a douche and say things like "Lol XI is going to die" unless it's obviously a joke.

On behalf of the XIV community I apologise.

Dude shut up it facts from interviews noting more noting less shut up no need to apologies for the ffxiv community.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 04:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Prove it, link the interviews or stfu.
[+]
 Asura.Katniss
Server: Asura
user: Katniss
By Asura.Katniss 2011-02-03 04:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

i got bored of 14 after ~4 weeks. tried to restart it like 5x, got bored after a few hours.

i hate crafting, i hate having to repair my armor/weaps,.... etc. and i get bored of it. not saying that might not change after SE improved it, but i'm too lazy to start a new MMO anyway.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Kaiba
By Gilgamesh.Kaiba 2011-02-03 04:45:33
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Zenshiro I understand perfectly well. I also understand that Wal-Mart didn't close their stores just because they opened Sam's Club. They ran both and I would think are making more money in general. I also understand, which seems to be a fact people are overlooking, that while yes, XIV can go the way of XI(starts off crap, ends up awesome) but it has an equal chance of going south. My whole "drop XIV before PS2" remark was an attempt to get an honest answer to my suggestion, "is this possible". I also recall EQ vs. EQII. Never played either, but last I had heard, people played EQ 1, few played 2 although 2 is still going as far as I know. As far as XI ending, Final Fantasy will end in due time. How many Mega Man games have they released in the last ten years vs. the 90's? Unless they've released a lot that I am unaware of, that franchise isn't what it once was, even if it's not dead.

Either way, the point is this, they've said countless times they are not dropping PS2 support and the players have griped just as many times for them to do it. It's not happened as of yet. I'm offering an alternative that could get you the same results without SE having to hit their PS2 player base in the balls with a sledgehammer(if the far east came out and that was the only place people xped at, I'm damn sure going to find a way to upgrade if it doesn't include PS2 support, just to access that content). And it gives them "double"(this depends on the size of the player base) the profits. No reason why they can't run each game along side one another the same way Wal-Mart and Sam's Club are owned by the same company and are ran along side one another, in a sense.

In the end, I do plan to play XIV soon as I can afford a product key, but that's mostly for old LS mates and because atm it's F2P. But until it gives me some reason other then "new game" and "pretty graphics", I won't be leaving XI for it until I have a reason to leave XI such as "okay, I'm bored out of my mind with this game" which I don't see happening anytime soon.

And since I know somebody will mention that most of the players are bored out of their mind with XI, most of the people I see who can claim that were always standing around in Whitegate(note I haven't been able to afford to pay for XI since Aug so likely people are standing around in Jeuno now more then Whitegate based on what I've on this site). I'd be bored too if that's all I did. I instead always found something else to do and managed to keep myself amused enough to keep logging in. When I can no longer do that, I'm gone.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention that I may have heard them mentioning that recoding XI would be too much, but I can't remember if I actually did or not. While I am not saying you are wrong, I just know it's been said far less then "no, we are no dropping PS2 support".
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 04:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I might have a spare code if you want it Kaiba.
 Gilgamesh.Kaiba
By Gilgamesh.Kaiba 2011-02-03 04:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Thank you but give it to somebody who actually wants to play XIV more then me. I am hoping to get back in XI this month and will be looking to do a lot of stuff on an alternate char with a few friends that took me years to do on "Kaiba" simply because now with the way the gear "I can" and most of those friends need that game as well.

Edit: grammer/spelling
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 04:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Kaiba said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Thank you but give it to somebody who actually wants to play XIV more then me. I am hoping to get back in XI this month and will be looking to do a lot of stuff on an alternate char with a few friends that took me years to do on "Kaiba" simply because now with the way the game is "I can" and most of those friends need that game as well.

Fair enough, I was thinking of making a second character on a different server to see old friends anyways.
 Lakshmi.Radicant
Server: Lakshmi
user: Radicant
By Lakshmi.Radicant 2011-02-03 04:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

tl;dr
 Cerberus.Kiori
Server: Cerberus
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2011-02-03 04:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see them cutting PS2 off completely...if anything I can see them making newer content unobtainable to PS2 if space is the issues on there hard drives.
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2011-02-03 06:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Katniss said:
i got bored of 14 after ~4 weeks. tried to restart it like 5x, got bored after a few hours.

i hate crafting, i hate having to repair my armor/weaps,.... etc. and i get bored of it. not saying that might not change after SE improved it, but i'm too lazy to start a new MMO anyway.

Exactly this. Tedious game is tedious. I spent the majority of my time confused as to what i should/was supposed to do...
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 06:12:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Osaia said:
Asura.Katniss said:

Exactly this. Tedious game is tedious. I spent the majority of my time confused as to what i should/was supposed to do...

... It's kinda self explanatory.
[+]
 Shiva.Durtiesweat
user: Durtie
By Shiva.Durtiesweat 2011-02-03 07:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Katniss said:
i got bored of 14 after ~4 weeks. tried to restart it like 5x, got bored after a few hours. i hate crafting, i hate having to repair my armor/weaps,.... etc. and i get bored of it. not saying that might not change after SE improved it, but i'm too lazy to start a new MMO anyway.

Same;
I pop on everytime there is an update cause its still free, just to see the improvement. After this update today I will pop on to see the differance but I'm sure it will still bore me. I remember starting FFXI way back when and feeling this way only it took me 2 year to come back and play and after ginding my blm and rdm to 25 the game finally got interseting. I think 14 will be the same way. FF14 is not dieing its just not that challeging anymore like it started, and ff14 is not challeging but it does look good. (Aside from the fact that it rains and snows in sheltered buildings... wtf is that about?)
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-02-03 07:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Leith said:
Ok, as a PS2 user, I have to say that I'm tired of all the hate on it, sure the PS2 is an ancient system thats completely obsolete, I'll give you that, but that doesn't mean that you should bash everyone who plays on it. A very large chunk of SE's consumer market is still PS2 users, and those who are still using PS2's, are (generally) still using them because they can't afford PS3's or as mentioned above, don't have the experience/room etc for a gaming PC. Personally, I do own a PS3, however its a slim, therefore I couldn't change to PS3 if I tried, unless SE released a PS3 set of disks, but even with that, I really wouldn't want to bust my wallet on a whole new set of the same game I've owned for eight years. As for why I don't use the PC I'm on right now for FFXI, thats because I have so much ***on it, and so many people use it that it would be unrealistic at best to think I'd be able to play an MMO. Yeah yeah, PS3 and PC and 360 all beat the PS2, but stop whining about "PS2 Limitations"...

Wah. You have a PS3 and you're crying that you can't afford a better platform to play FFXI? Cry me a river.

We're bashing PS2 users because FFXI has hit a brick wall. The game can't go any further because of old grognards who can pay $12/month, plus whatever for mules and other accounts, but can't buy a refurbished $100 PC that can play the game better, AND take the shackles off of FFXI's development team. I'm an old-school retro-gamer to the core, and I'm fulling advocating dumping the PS2 ASAP.

It's not like it was 5 years ago, when the PS2 was just another platform to play the game on, we're to the point we can't move forward because ALL OF US(PC, PS3, and XBOX users) are held back because of one outdated medium.

Seriously, don't talk about having a PS3 and can't afford a better platform for a game you pay monthly on. You're shooting yourself in the foot.

It's happened with other games, and guess what we did? We moved to the next platform. PSO on Dreamcast, anyone? Sega dropped support so a bunch of us moved to the xbox version. We even had to make new characters, but it was fine, we wanted to play the game, so we did it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-02-03 08:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Amfortas said:
And when SE drops support of PS2 users is when I will quit. I don't see why PS2 users should be forced into buying/using a new platform to continue playing. There are many people who just do not have the resources to buy a new/used PC, Fail X-box or PS3. Personally, I like my PS2, take very good care of it, and I laugh because no matter what happens, the entire FFXI "family" of players will always find something to gripe about. Unless you have 20 characters with a dozen mules each, it's still cheaper than going out to eat five nights a week, going to a movie, football, basketball, soccer, or baseball game. Heck, I know people who can pay their FFXI fees each month but not their bills or put gas in their cars or food on the table. Sony, SE and Pol need to get off their duffs to resolve the issue to everyone's satisfaction and not exclude/punish those who choose to stay with PS2.

You do know that any PC can play FFXI without problem that is Window XP and up? I played on a Window XP 1core 2.90ghz 64mb video 512MB ram and played on high setting without lag? Then you can just buy a PS2--> USB for your ps2 controller and set up your controller and play on PC? If you right now on this website then you have a good enough PC to play FFXI.

you do know that there's plenty of machines that can run XP and not xi right? plus you can technically run xi )in theory) on a 800mhz cpu with the ram and video card specs, sure as hell wouldn't want to though. Not everyone is made of money and can afford their own computer, and they already have a ps2 and a shared computer (or something).

It doesn't matter the limitations caused by the ps2 are things that have nothing currently to do with the fact that people are still on it, they are caused by the legal issues with Sony and the fact that the game was designed for, coded and developed for the PS2. Even if you dropped support for it, they'd have to get a team to recode the thing to get rid of the "ps2 limitations" because they're in the code.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-03 09:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I played XI on my Acer Aspire One for 6 months without issues.
Graphics werent great, but it worked.
I could even dualbox >_>

1GHz cpu, 512ram, crappy integrated intel graphics chip that shared the ram for memory.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-03 09:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
I played XI on my Acer Aspire One for 6 months without issues.
Graphics werent great, but it worked.
I could even dualbox >_>

1GHz cpu, 512ram, crappy integrated intel graphics chip that shared the ram for memory.

Lol me too, my mums old laptop. It wasn't laggy but it looked awful.