Response to FFXI Team Answers Your Questions 1/28
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-01-28 03:42:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The FINAL FANTASY XI Team Answers Your Questions! (01/28/2011)

Quote:
Q: At present, there is a significant gap between experience point yield in Abyssea as compared to all other areas. Furthermore, skill growth often lags behind level gain. Will this imbalance be addressed?

A: Yes. The minor patch scheduled for mid-February will usher in an experience boost for non-Abyssea areas, as well as relaxed skill improvement conditions.

I find this interesting. I am doubtful that the exp increase will be sufficient enough to ward off people from leveling in Abyssea Post 70, but this could very well be an acceptable option now for people below 70 where it wouldn't necessarily be appropriate for someone below 70 to be in Abyssea unless they are there to open chests, or is a job where level does not effect their efficiency.

I for one would appreciate going out and leveling in a different zone where I go to farm in. Its quite distasteful after 9 months of being basically in the same zones day after day 95% of the time. Most of the time I feel like I'm paying 15 dollars a month to visit 10 zones lol! I know there are hundreds of other zones available but that doesn't mean those zones will benefit me as much as the Abyssea zones. I'm glad to see them trying to do something about it, now whether its enough to change anything pre-70 we'll have to see. Keep in mind if there comes a situation where at a certain level range there is a specific strategy of leveling where it would turn out to be faster than Abyssea then level sync would end up being abused.

For instance, if this change significantly changes the amount of exp you earn smn burning, there is a possibility that many people will go back to that exploitation of level sync than doing abyssea for 5 hours.

We'll have to see what the planned change is exactly. I'm not expecting anything different post-70 exp wise, but hoping there might be some realistic opportunities for lower levels to have other options than being a leech.

Quote:
Q: It was previously announced that the drop rates for Wieldance Cards will be increased, but the rates for other items dropped by the NMs Apademak and Dragua also seem excessively low. Will these be addressed as well?

A: Yes. Along with addressing the issue that was causing low drop rates for Wieldance Cards, we will be implementing other balance adjustments in the February update. This will include increased drop rates for other items obtainable from the enemies mentioned above.

Yay for more reasonable drop rates! I haven't personally gone after these items though so I don't understand what the issue was exactly lol.

Quote:
Q: Can you share any information on plans for new armor and equipment?

A: While we cannot reveal specific details or promise a specific implementation date at this time, we can say that we hope to respond to players' enthusiastic wishes for new subligaria at some point in the not-too-distant future.

ew... subligar x.x!

lol

Quote:
Q: Are there any plans to adjust the method for obtaining Empyrean Armor upgrade items?

A: We have received a wide range of feedback regarding these items. In particular, we understand players' concerns that the random nature of acquisition makes it difficult to obtain one's desired seals, that seals for feet and certain jobs' body armor are harder to obtain than others, and so forth. While the potential game balance repercussions of this issue make it unfortunately impossible to make any promises at this time, rest assured that we will continue to listen closely to your feedback as we consider potential adjustments for the future.

I personally do not wish drop rates of +1/+2 items to get any easier unless they are not at where they should be. I don't really want to see everyone wearing the same thing and everyone has what everyone else has. I like a level of variety in the experience and professionalism of ones own job class. I'm sure in a few months there will be an actual end game experience that will begin to separate the less experienced player from the veterans of ffxi. This is just my personal opinion and I understand a change in FFXI is has been going on for some time and this Abyssea process is basically a reset on everyone for the most part. Everyone has equal opportunities to have powerful armor and weapons and I really do enjoy that aspect, but at the same time its starting to get to the point where everyone has the same gear and same look that there is just no difference.

Quote:
Q: What exactly is the effect of the "Enhances Addendum: White/Black" bonuses granted by the Scholar armor "Savant Gown +1/+2"?

A: We hope players will figure this out for themselves by experimenting in game, but one hint we can give is that they will provide a bonus related in some way to enmity.

Come on SE, spill your secrets! lol na, I enjoy testing what I enjoy doing to find out something someone else hasn't and share what I know. I believe we all should share our ideas, theories, and experiences with what we do to make this game more enjoyable for everyone. Curse wikia for messing up our beloved FFXIclopedia site! Forcing us to register and making the background white! grrr, lol.

Quote:
Q: I'm always running out of lines in my macros. Will this be addressed in any way?

A: While there currently no plans to increase the maximum number of macro lines, we will be implementing a change in the February mini-patch that will allow "/wait" to be placed on the same line as the previous command. This should allow for greater flexibility in macro creation.

Although I have for many years now moved on from the in-game macros to more advanced things *cough*, I still know the stressfulness of the days where I put gear in every line making 1-2 macro's for one task. It limits our efficiency to a point, unless your macro crazy spamming 3-4 macro's a second, but even then the in game macro's have a built in delay that lags and eventually slows us down.

I for one find that the /wait command being used on the previous command line does save a lot of space. This will be helpful for both the hardcore old-school macro users and the more advanced less accepted macro choice users.

The line restriction I believe is PS2 limitations, hopefully the PS2 population will deplete more and more sooner giving reason for SE to drop it. Let's be honest, I started playing FFXI back 7 years ago on a PS2, I even eventually got fishing to 100 on a PS2. It isn't a bad system at all. But there are huge limitations that it is putting the FFXI development at a hault. This is nothing new, people have known this for years and years.

Quote:
Q: There have been no updates to the auto-translate dictionary recently. Can we expect any terms to be added in the future?

A: PlayStation 2 memory limitations have placed us in a difficult situation where the addition of new terms to the auto-translate dictionary would require the deletion of existing entries. Given this, there are no current plans to add new terms, and we ask for your patience and understanding as we consider all possibilities. In a related matter, we are looking into updating the glossary contained in the Play Guide available on the official web site.

Again, something the PS2 his hindering the rest of the FFXI community. What I get so frustrated with is the lack of auto-translate for many things. Where is <Wide Scan>? Where is Abyssea? or Abyssea zone names, or hundreds of things I'm not going to mention because that would be unrealistic and annoying of me to do.

But I do appreciate the ability to auto-translate and find it sad that they can hardly add anything new to the system because of an 11 year old gaming console. Yes, 11 years old, FFXI is almost 8 years old. FFXI can grow and evolve and become so much better than what it is now, Playstation 2 had its day and now is making it impossible for FFXI to grow much more.

Quote:
Q: Has there been any progress in resolving the insufficient hard disk space issues that have caused errors for some PlayStation 2 users when installing version updates?

A: Up until now, the installation process has been conducted by downloading all the new files in one batch before the old files were deleted, requiring temporary HDD space equivalent to roughly two times the size of the patch itself. Starting from the February minor update, the installer program will be updated to download and delete files individually, significantly reducing the required space. This update will be applied to the Xbox 360 version as well.

Again, another issue with PS2. I love my PS2, I still have it and I bought it back in 2000 I believe. But I do not play FFXI on it anymore because I do not want to be apart of that group that puts FFXI expansion to a halt. I do not want to see another zone recolored and called a new zone. It's not a new zone, its just a zone we've had for years with different colors. Guess what? I can do that with my monitor and change the color management.

In order for this game to grow in a good positive manner SE will have to stop supporting growth of 11 year old systems. You don't see companies still supporting the NES or SNES do you? I love those consoles, LOVE IT. Those systems had some of the best games I've ever played, and they were awesome and I still pick up the old NES now and then and blow in the cartridges and put the cardboard between that and the bar to make it read it and make sure i DONT TOUCH IT so it doesn't glitch and loose everything i did!....lmao

But my point is this, PS2 had its time and now its gone. That doesn't mean the games aren't playable anymore or make them any less good. They were great games and they still are to this day. But for an online game to grow it cant not deal with limitations of a inferior console. I personally wish to see FFXI grow and expand and have new content. the PS2 players can still play FFXI even if SE drops the support of PS2, they just wouldn't receive the major expansions. Or they would have to pick which expansions they want to part with. For example, they want Abyssea but wish to drop CoP.

Anyways, I look forward to the new update and to see what SE comes out with next!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-28 04:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, once you get a T3 VNM pop, just need to make another T2 pop and dont have to worry about it upgrading at all.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-01-28 04:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Siren.Kalilla said:
Quote:
Q: Are there any plans to adjust the method for obtaining Empyrean Armor upgrade items?

A: We have received a wide range of feedback regarding these items. In particular, we understand players' concerns that the random nature of acquisition makes it difficult to obtain one's desired seals, that seals for feet and certain jobs' body armor are harder to obtain than others, and so forth. While the potential game balance repercussions of this issue make it unfortunately impossible to make any promises at this time, rest assured that we will continue to listen closely to your feedback as we consider potential adjustments for the future.

I personally do not wish drop rates of +1/+2 items to get any easier unless they are not at where they should be. I don't really want to see everyone wearing the same thing and everyone has what everyone else has. I like a level of variety in the experience and professionalism of ones own job class. I'm sure in a few months there will be an actual end game experience that will begin to separate the less experienced player from the veterans of ffxi. This is just my personal opinion and I understand a change in FFXI is has been going on for some time and this Abyssea process is basically a reset on everyone for the most part. Everyone has equal opportunities to have powerful armor and weapons and I really do enjoy that aspect, but at the same time its starting to get to the point where everyone has the same gear and same look that there is just no difference.

Yes, because fighting VNMs is so much fun to get your body seals. Especially when you have to spend forever killing the T1 to get the T2 and the T2 can change the first fight. I have had a T1 take forever and then lose it back to back fights to a T3. It is rather annoying.

Oh God, this so *** much. As someone who's current 0/18 on Brooder so far, I've spent LOTS of time constantly upgrading abyssites to level 2, sometimes taking an hour (like earlier tonight). If anything, I wish they would change the rate tier 1s change.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-01-28 04:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Well, once you get a T3 VNM pop, just need to make another T2 pop and dont have to worry about it upgrading at all.

Noting this since I just got another tier 2.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-01-28 04:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure. For one, they lowered the respawn timers for the VNM's so much I would think there would be some consequence for that. I understand a lot of people want to do VNM's and its in high demand and you have to spend your own time to go out and find it and kill it.

It's 100 times better than before where the time between windows were stupid. I can't help but to want for the abyssites to transform faster though, even though I think the tradeoff is much more reasonable than before. I pretty much just don't want to waste time and rush and hurry and get things done and move on to newer tasks that I have to get done so I can do other things after that.

It all kinda sucks when a task takes so long to accomplish, and then there are other tasks where it can take 3 minutes or 10 hours to complete depending on your luck.

Honestly, this is what I'm thinking. The Abyssites should be like the HNM spawn mechanics. The first abyssite has a 10% chance of changing, the 2nd has a 20% chance, 3rd has a 30% chance, 4th has a 40% chance and then the 5th and so on has a 50% chance of changing. Unless of course the current rate at which it changes is much higher than 10%... although I cant imagine it being much more than 15%.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-28 04:10:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Haven't they posted this already?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-01-28 04:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

posted what?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-28 04:18:59
Link | Quote | Reply

This information, I remember reading it before.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-01-28 04:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

SE released this at 2:42 AM today at This Link.

This topic is discussion over the question and answers.

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-01-28 04:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If your the type of player who would use allseeingeye you have the ability to use other tools as well. If your not then your like the majority of the population who do it like it was meant to be done.
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-28 05:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Sylph.Kimble said:

For those of us who lack all seeing eye and want a good reading on where the mob is?

Well, the T2s in the 3 new zones have a set path that they follow. After you kill it the first time, it will usually respawn where it starts its path at, I know for 2 of the zones its right near conflux 1.

If its a T2, it will say softly, and if its a T3 it will say solidly.

Post deleted by User.