Forum » FFXIV » News » Patch 1.15a outline
Patch 1.15a outline
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-27 11:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Patch 1.15a Outline (01/27/2011)

Several of the scheduled improvements mentioned in last week's letter from the producer are nearing completion. The following is a list of some of the most significant changes:
*An official patch release date will be announced shortly.

Content
*Improvements to Log Usability
**Changes to behavior of windows when moused over
**The implementation of an automated log text show/hide feature
**Revisions to text color

*Improvements to Dialog Windows
**Changes to increase the amount of on-screen data, reducing the need for multiple pages
**Improvements to Combat Damage Display
**The assignment of different font colors to player and enemy damage
**Adjustments to prevent overlapping of combat text

*Improvements to Map Usability
**Increased data refresh rates allowing for more responsive maps
**Improvements to Minimap Usability
**The addition of a PC's field-of-view (camera direction)

*Improvements to Guildleve-Related Information
**The implementation of an in-game command which displays time remaining until the next leve renewal
**Adjustments to Item Stack Sizes
**A significant increase in stack sizes (from 12 to 99) for several existing items

*Improvements to Gathering
**Changes to the frame rates of action animations to speed up gathering activities

*Improvements to the Item Search Feature
**The addition of prices displayed together with search results
**Addition of a Head Gear Display Feature
**The addition of a feature allowing players to graphically toggle on/off their headgear (without physically removing the item)

*Adjustments to Skill Points
**Improvements to skill point acquisition for parties

Further details will be revealed in forthcoming Topics posts, as well as the post planned for release in conjunction with the patch.

FUN FACT:
As of today, game versions will be assigned alphanumeric values (eg. 1.15a). In addition, what for the past decade have been known to players of online FINAL FANTASY titles as "version updates" shall henceforth be referred to as "patches."
 Fenrir.Xeonerable
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Xeonerable 2011-01-27 11:46:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
**Adjustments to Item Stack Sizes
**A significant increase in stack sizes (from 12 to 99) for several existing items

This one I am quite happy about. If Square Enix really does read stuff submitted by people in the "submit feedback/suggestions" on the support site. This is one of the things I submitted to them.

Just allowing most items to stack to 99 (instead of this max 12 for a lot of items ***) it would save up on inventory room and slightly cut the need for more retainers.

I'm glad to see they are actually doing it.
By Yves 2011-01-27 12:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

OMFG I am just WAITING for the biff on this. Watch - they will increase tons of items to 99 while accidentally changing arrow count from 999 to 99 ><

I can just see it now!

With all joking aside, the patch looks great.
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-01-27 13:08:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, that does look nice. For certain when they first came out with the ability to customise text log colours it ended up not being useful at all because the end-user still couldn't differentiate settings between the individual components of the chat log output (damage, effects, etc.) to make one part clearer than the others. At least this is a step in the right direction I feel.
By Alexandre 2011-01-28 00:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

But where is the in-game content. It's good they're fixing those things, but I can play around them. I want more to do, the game is so boring.
[+]
By Suterusu 2011-01-28 06:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm hoping they will be on their updated every 2 weeks schedule soon like they mentioned in the letter from director.
By cesarl 2011-01-28 09:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

No need of much content at all, just add Abyssea to it. >.>
By Dubont 2011-01-28 09:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

cesarl said:
No need of much content at all, just add Abyssea to it. >.>
please no
 Fenrir.Xeonerable
By Fenrir.Xeonerable 2011-01-28 11:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Suterusu said:
I'm hoping they will be on their updated every 2 weeks schedule soon like they mentioned in the letter from director.

It isn't every two weeks... it is twice a month.

Naoki-Yoshida said:
Though the next version update will introduce a relatively small number of changes, preparations are already underway to bring further improvements in the near future via a number of smaller-scale patches, including the release of quests and system-side adjustments. At present, we intend for something new to be released about twice a month

Every two weeks is too fast of a schedule for Square Enix. lol
They seem to like making updates go in to effect at the very end of the month. Hopefully the first update in February is an early one.
By hyuran 2011-01-28 11:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

just read the new info and i am liking this, a ton of things are stacking to 99 w/ this patch so now when i mine i wont get my inventory full of multi-stacks of 12 ^.^ i also like the improved ward search now showing which ward the item is being sold in (hmm kinda reminds me of that thing i used to use in XI, oh what was that thing called again?... you know that thing that you camped to see if you could buy an item... each city had one... what was that?... OH YEAH! the auction house!)
By Oran 2011-01-28 20:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
*Adjustments to Skill Points
**Improvements to skill point acquisition for parties

Nothing was more important to me than this! I want to fight stuff that is pretty challenging in a group and get rewarded for it! No need for boring, repetitive, quick fights. That should be solo stuff.

If the party feature works great, though. They need to fix that god awful search feature
 Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ouch
By Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie 2011-01-28 20:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Xeonerable said:
Please tell me this was a joke.
 Fenrir.Schutz
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-01-28 20:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie said:
Fenrir.Xeonerable said:
Please tell me this was a joke.

It's twice a month...a patch on the 27th and emergency maintenance on the 28th. :p
By Yves 2011-01-28 21:37:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bacon.