users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Abyssea - Attohwa Lights problem
Abyssea - Attohwa Lights problem
 Cerberus.Lightvision
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-01-26 12:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

ok is anyone but me and 1 friend having a big problem in abyssea attowha requarding lights?

2 times now, Satureday and today, i have entered attohwa with 120 mins capped azure and pearl and recieved low tier chest rewards from blue chests, so i build lights up more, 100 azure and 90 pearl every blue chest is a low tier chest, as in 200exp/200cruor/mild sooling light. timed out ince and tonihgt i exited before timing out

spoke to a GM about it and they thought i was having a laugh like i was BSing, but an LS member is having the same problem in the same zone only, this only started happening to me since i obtained
Emerald Abyssite of Fortune

i cant go in the zone without people to cap my lights for me, every other zone is fine, can cap lights on NIN/DNC in 15 mins
[+]
 Caitsith.Crunkie
Server: Caitsith
user: Crunkie
By Caitsith.Crunkie 2011-01-26 12:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I took myself and my mule char thf/nin+whm/rdm yesterday to the same zone, I capped my lights started getting the kills like usual, and after 30min or so still no TE boxes.

Went in with 120min and came close to timing out as well but exited just in time. I'm not sure what is up but I as well have Emerald Abyssite of Fortune.

Coincidence? No idea, but it was lame. So yeah I have experienced this as well.

Edit: I did hear from a LS mate that the eph mobs in that zone are different from any other zone and need to kill double the mobs for capped Azure instead of the regular 6 that every other zone caps at.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-26 12:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I saw the same thing posted about it maybe 2 weeks ago our lights kept getting reset for no *** reason Azure would go up then would go down and was no consistent with the members of our 3 man party (meaning Azure lights fluctuated between each of us) I was checking Azure levels on all of our chests (checking # of guesses needed) they were bouncing around like crazy.

This happened before I earned Emerald Abyssite of Fortune but after I had killed most or all the zones bosses?

EDIT: I checked my last post on this and it was right after I had cleared the first 6 bosses from Vision/Scars but I am not sure if everyone in my party had killed those 6 as well. I do know that the BLM and I (only ones getting Azure kills) had not killed all 9 bosses at the time.
 Cerberus.Lightvision
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Lightvision 2011-01-26 16:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Crunkie said:

Edit: I did hear from a LS mate that the eph mobs in that zone are different from any other zone and need to kill double the mobs for capped Azure instead of the regular 6 that every other zone caps at.

Cerberus.Lightvision said:
100 azure and 90 pearl every blue chest is a low tier chest, as in 200exp/200cruor/mild sooling light.

think that is more than double the regular
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Server: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2011-01-26 16:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I tend to farm the scars zones a lot on blu. In my experience, I never am able to cap azure lights solely from eph kills (murex only) and need to toss in more from regular mobs and low tier ruby chests that drop.

I never kill ephs for pearl so can't really comment on that.

Edited a word.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-26 17:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I have noticed on occasion that 200 exp chests will drop for seemingly no reason while lights are capped during tahrongi runs. However, it only happens rarely for me.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-01-26 17:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I was in in Misareaux I had capped lights getting TEs and what not. I decided to kill an Ephemeral Amoeban that was hanging around and it used that Nucleic Implosion that resets all JAs. After that fight it was as if my Azure lights had been reset as well. I was getting the lowest tier of blue chests (200 Cruor?). Not sure if this is related to Attohwa and Fortune Abyssite, though.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-26 17:03:06
Link | Quote | Reply

regardless of how many it takes to cap I'm telling you the lights were reset without changing mob families there was no explanation for it I saw the azure lights go up and then down and then up..

Post deleted by User.
By Rancoor 2011-01-26 17:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

After playing in all abyssia zones for exgtended time periods I have noticed even with capped lights there is a % chance you will get a low tier chest. After being in abyssea after 5 hours duoing with my brother we got a 250 exp chest, the mob after that dropped an intense soothing. It seems most common with exp chests and soothing to be a low tier. Lights do not reset or clear in any way. If anything I would say its some really bad luck, because like I said it seems all azure does s increase the % chance a chest will be worth your time. Have found TE chests with 0 azure before, and have gotten no TE with more than the game can measure.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-01-26 17:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes Attohwa is broken and has been for a long time..I thought maybe it was my terrible luck but ls mates and I have had to kill 10+ Emps to get capped light and then 2 kills later lights seems uncapped.

Oh yeah and whats with thf feet not ever dropping!

Post deleted by User.
 Titan.Cripnicc
Server: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2011-01-26 17:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda off topic but can someone tell me why mobs randomly dissapear in abyssea. I'm talking like ervery mob of a certain type just vanishes for a few min
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2011-01-26 17:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

When people kill a certain family, they'll start leveling up. When they stop killing them, they'll depop and repop as their default level.
 Ragnarok.Corres
Server: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-02-23 04:23:11
Link | Quote | Reply

the most *** up thing is:
we started doing some NM's Yesterday and to cap lights i killed one Murex with Azure. it droped a chest. in it was intense Soothing light.

After that and like 3 Murex' more i thought we were capped. Nope still low light. took me over 1 hour to get Azure light capped. what the serious hell!
 Asura.Darkultima
Server: Asura
By Asura.Darkultima 2011-02-23 04:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

This ***only happen in attohwa, just forget about ephemerals and cap it the regular way.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [60 days between previous and next post]
 Caitsith.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-04-24 14:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I noticed this as well. Some friends needed some seals in there, as well as I was working on a low tier Emp weapon, I needed to get kills off Gullycampas, and I mentioned to farm T.E We went in. we did kill Gullycampas for T.E and a few random Emphs just to get more Blue Pryxs to drop T.E.

Suffice to say alot of Pryxs containing temp items, cruor or ISL drop..

T.E would drop like every 20 min or so.. and it was like 10 min.. so as much as you fought to get t.e you could never win.

Don't fell bad all.I share'd a bit of the pain, but what gives???

P.S I was killing normal mobs still as well...boxes still took long time to pop T.E

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Crolion
user: Crolion
By Gilgamesh.Crolion 2011-04-24 15:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

my personal opinion in that zone when i was doing my 85 cake cutter i never noticed much issues id do azure my group would do pearl id kill at most 7-8 emp murex on blm and wed have capped azure easily but ya we sdidnt notice the odd time while cleaving wed get the odd ball low chest we always consider emps as 5 pearl each so we know after 7-8 its capped for sure
 Caitsith.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-04-24 15:32:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
I've found too much Azure will give much more ISL and less TE. After you cap it when low manning there is no point to azure murexs. Pearl is harmless or too much ruby for more cruor/ too much amber for more KI would be better depending on goals.

But if you enter a zone with only TE in mind, I would pearl all murex after Azure is capped

I had to do more azure kills tho for any new person that was in our party to raise their lights.. or so I thought, to get their lights capped, or do they have to do this on their own?

If so, there's your culprit!