Forum » FFXI » General » Tier2Vnm:3rdPartApps
Tier2Vnm:3rdPartApps
 Valefor.Rancor
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Rancoor
By Valefor.Rancor 2011-01-25 13:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I have recently been trying to fight the tier 2 VNM in Abyssea Altepa to get my last 3 summoner body seals, but people are constantly using 3rd party apps to locate and claim the nm as soon as it spawns. I know this because I sit in the zone and rest about every 5 seconds to get a read on if the nm is up. I have done this three times now at different times of the day for 30 minutes or longer each time and the light never shows the monster being up. Either the vnm in Altepa is broken, or people are cheating. I suggest Square Enix add more tier 2 pops, or find a way to stop apps from allowing individuals to lock down these monsters.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-01-25 13:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

You put this in the FFXIV forum by mistake.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-01-25 15:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply

In my experience, these monsters always spawn in the same general area and wander. Their ability to find the pops before you is probably more related to that than anything else.

ApRadar sure doesn't hurt though.
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-01-25 15:14:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
In my experience, these monsters always spawn in the same general area and wander. Their ability to find the pops before you is probably more related to that than anything else.

ApRadar sure doesn't hurt though.

This is true. ApRadar/Mappy only help if you know where to look. I could pop VNMs just as easily with or without Mappy.

If there are multiple groups trying to convert abyssites though, don't expect those VNMs to stay unpopped for long. They pop in the same general areas, and chances are, they will pop close to someone. ApRadar/Mappy won't be of much help in that circumstance (and being that I'm on Asura, there are people popping Abyssea VNMs all the time).

Leviathan.Tsolamogola
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tsolamogola 2011-01-25 15:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

All VNMs in every abyssea zone spawn somewhat close to conflux 1, usually near the murex/amoebans in the zone, and from there wander around to the deeper parts of the zone. The repop time is 10-15minutes, so it's very easy to camp these NMs, and quickly claim them upon pop. If you're competing against someone using Apradar, they will have an advantage in claiming over you.
By Areis 2011-01-25 15:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If you know when a T2 VNM died, you have a head start for finding it.
If you have multiple people with Colorful Abyssite you have a head start at claiming it.

Yes APRadar & similar tools help to claim ... but only really if your trying to claim it while it's moving. If your not within 50 yalms of it, your not having XXX 3rd party ap is not why you can't claim it, it's just that it's a popular NM farmed for body seals / T3 pop.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Areis 2011-01-25 15:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If there's nobody around I'm more likely to use APradar to find a T2/T3 that keeps walking than otherwise.

T1 are a dime a dozen, I tend to use AP radar just so i can pick them up while they're walking.
T2 ... if I don't have APradar up I probably won't open it. If it's been up for more than 5min nobody else is camping it and I can find them well enough with the info I'm given.
T3 ... see T2. As long as it's up it's not THAT hard to hunt.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-25 15:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tsolamogola said:
All VNMs in every abyssea zone spawn somewhat close to conflux 1, usually near the murex/amoebans in the zone, and from there wander around to the deeper parts of the zone. The repop time is 10-15minutes, so it's very easy to camp these NMs, and quickly claim them upon pop. If you're competing against someone using Apradar, they will have an advantage in claiming over you.
I'd say warp more than wander. I've personally watched them warp around. Specifically in altep for T2 between 1-2 but as far as the corridor west of there. Somewhere north of 4 I beleive and east of 5 near the camp there.

I really love how a vnm can be 100 north of you immediately get up then sit down and same one is 100 south of you...