users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST solos
BST solos
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 28 29 30
By Aeyela 2012-12-10 18:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kwate said: »
any Apademak attempts or solos?

A friend and I duoed with 2x Ramuh. It was rough and being able to dismiss and resummon at any time was pivotal to succeeding. Everytime he'd cast Thundaga IV we'd dismiss the target pet (Filters make it possible to know whose it is targeting) so the spell did not connect on Apademak. Shock Squall was useless obviously.

I do not honestly believe a BST could solo him. However, if you were to succeed, your pet would need to be highly resistant to physical and magical damage. Apademak gains a very strong attack bonus the more he levels up.

I'm not sure a SMN could solo it either.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
By itchi508 2013-01-13 16:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bst solo itzpapalotl what is best atma and pet to use Vs the fire dmg to surive w/o spamming mulsums? I solo farm and kill itz on nin but tired of farm /war crawler/waomora then switch to blu solo tunga then back nin/dnc to kill itz. Id like to stay bst/war and be lazy not have to leave zone to swop jobs what pet is best for itz?
By Xilk 2013-01-13 18:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ducal guard, razed ruins and take your pick of the following:

Savior
Future fabulous
Brother wolf
Mounted champion
Vicissitude

Gooey is the best tank pet for magic damage of any element except wind.
 Ragnarok.Trixi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2013-01-15 21:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Evil Oscar ?
By Xilk 2013-01-16 06:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Trixi said: »
Evil Oscar ?
Sure, but you have to pay attention.

I solo'd my brown belt item from him.

Hmm, actually I'm not sure exactly how this will go now since they adjusted pet movement speed. I would suggest using a movement + pet like shasra, falcorr or sieghard. However it might not matter now.

You just pay attention for when he readies extremely bad breath and heel your pet.

Make sure to stand far back directly behind your pet. If you mess up you have to kite around till call beast is back up.
Its an interesting fight.
 Bahamut.Cementfoot
Server: Bahamut
user: Drd
By Bahamut.Cementfoot 2013-01-16 07:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
Bst solo itzpapalotl what is best atma and pet to use Vs the fire dmg to surive w/o spamming mulsums? I solo farm and kill itz on nin but tired of farm /war crawler/waomora then switch to blu solo tunga then back nin/dnc to kill itz. Id like to stay bst/war and be lazy not have to leave zone to swop jobs what pet is best for itz?

I would use Ducal Guard, Razed Ruin, and Future fabulous seeing how its +50 Magic defense bonus should do the trick
 Ragnarok.Trixi
user: Trixi
By Ragnarok.Trixi 2013-01-18 15:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Sarameya?
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-01-18 16:14:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Is Proto-Omega soloable??
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-01-18 16:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

go try em' both & tell us.

I was thinking sarameya too, but zeni just seems so bleh.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-01-18 16:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I have three pop sets almost. Was just wondering if anyone else had tried it lately.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2013-01-18 16:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sarameya?

Killed this NM as a duo at 95 cap with GooeyGerards (+Falcorr at the end) - very easy. A solo attempt should be no problem.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-01-18 16:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Also what about A Crystalline Prophecy end fight? I could do with changing my reward.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-01-18 16:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Also what about A Crystalline Prophecy end fight? I could do with changing my reward.

you can beat all of those with varying difficulty, one was a ***, but I don't recall which. if you fail, just figure out why & change your tactics. I think I had to use ze bunny + mulsums for one. it's been a while, sry.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-01-18 19:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just soloed Jailer of Temperence for the laugh. Took about 20 minutes as it didn't switch into slashing mode often.
 Bismarck.Lillica
Server: Bismarck
user: agryas99
By Bismarck.Lillica 2013-01-18 19:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I just saw a DNC/THF fighting 3 mobs in Dynamis so I solo'd two of the mobs for them.
[+]
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-01-18 20:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk said: »
Sarameya?

Killed this NM as a duo at 95 cap with GooeyGerards (+Falcorr at the end) - very easy. A solo attempt should be no problem.
How did you deal with its regen? I duo`d it BST + SMN and without dispelling it's blaze spikes it would regen too much hp for 1 bst to solo effectively maybe?
 Ragnarok.Zothane
user: Zothane
By Ragnarok.Zothane 2013-01-20 21:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Is Proto-Omega soloable??

Yes. Bring Mulsum as he tends to get mean at low hp. I used Yuly but I was honestly just winging it. I melee'd until about 10% where he started to wtfpwn for whatever reason.
By sceptre 2013-01-21 05:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone soloed Empousa? and if so strat?
By Aeyela 2013-01-21 05:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
How did you deal with its regen? I duo`d it BST + SMN and without dispelling it's blaze spikes it would regen too much hp for 1 bst to solo effectively maybe?

Duoed with another SMN, Grand Fall spamming was enough to take him down to zero even with his Regen. Was consistently taking off 3-5% every time.

sceptre said: »

I've tried a few times on Summoner but he just destroys my avatar too quickly. Unless you take a billion Dawn Mulsums I'm not sure it could be done, your Call Beast timer without them will get you killed pretty quickly. Expect it to be a very expensive fight if you do solo.
 Shiva.Damonz
Server: Shiva
user: Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-01-21 06:05:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't tried but I would think gooey with DG/MC/RR should be able to take him pretty easy, could always use 2 regen atma if you think he'll be that much trouble, but the fight will take forever and a day that way.

Edit: and I promise I'm not stalking you Aeyela
 Bahamut.Ofdensen
user: Ofdensen
By Bahamut.Ofdensen 2013-01-22 05:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm thinking of raising my BST from 1-99 to solo many things.

Please don't laugh. I have no knowledge of the power of BST. 2 questions though, to which the answers will help determine if I gear up my BST or not:

1. Can BST solo CoP 8-1, the first mission in sky where you have to kill those 3 mobs at the 3 different towers? On that note, how about any of the missions after that?

2. Can BST solo farm for the end-of-relic building supplies, such as Attestations, from Dynamis - Beaucidine and Xarcabard? I'm well aware that they can easily farm currency and other Relic drops.
By Aeyela 2013-01-22 05:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Yes! BST or SMN (and maybe PUP too) can solo all of CoP but for the later fights carry some bottle of dawn mulsum just incase.

2) Yep!

Shiva.Damonz said: »
I haven't tried but I would think gooey with DG/MC/RR should be able to take him pretty easy, could always use 2 regen atma if you think he'll be that much trouble, but the fight will take forever and a day that way.

Well, I'd be intrigued to see how that goes. Avatars natively take less damage than pets and my Garuda got torn to pieces as soon as Empousa went airborne. She was losing 10-20% of her health with every Dark Orb or whatever it's called. Being able to resummon immediately did nothing in this battle because she'd just die again and again and eventually Empousa would manage to kill me.

I can't see BST doing better, worse perhaps because of the Call Beast timer. I'm pretty sure two pets will die in <5 mins... It'll take a lot of Mulsums to win this one.
 Bahamut.Ofdensen
user: Ofdensen
By Bahamut.Ofdensen 2013-01-22 05:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Hooray! Gonna grind BST ASAP now. Thank you!
By sceptre 2013-01-22 07:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried using Gooey and went to 70% and did not have to use dawn mulsum ,
My reward timer had no problem at all keeping up.
Infact it was so easy i switched to falcor because gooey was poor dps and i was not getting him lower then 65%,
Unfortunetly it was the same deal even with falcor during flight i just could not dps fast enough to drop him using pet only and his bio sucks ***.
This made it hard for me to get near him but i think with meds i probably could do it.
Anyway this was only to test him to see how i faired vs his dmg.
 Asura.Calatilla
Server: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-01-22 08:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Sarameya?

Would still be interested in knowing how a solo BST could kill Sarameya with her regen in effect.
 Bismarck.Astelion
Server: Bismarck
user: Rubiemoon
By Bismarck.Astelion 2013-01-22 09:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »

A friend and I duoed with 2x Ramuh. It was rough and being able to dismiss and resummon at any time was pivotal to succeeding. Everytime he'd cast Thundaga IV we'd dismiss the target pet (Filters make it possible to know whose it is targeting) so the spell did not connect on Apademak. Shock Squall was useless obviously.

I do not honestly believe a BST could solo him. However, if you were to succeed, your pet would need to be highly resistant to physical and magical damage. Apademak gains a very strong attack bonus the more he levels up.

What atmas for the 2 SMNs did you use for apademak? DG RR GH? Also would dismissing the target pet cause it to level up? Also what do you do when it uses Thunder on himself to level up?
 Sylph.Azarus
Server: Sylph
user: Azarus
By Sylph.Azarus 2013-01-22 09:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »
Sylph.Kwate said: »
any Apademak attempts or solos?

Apademak BST Solo 101:

Atma: Ducal Guard/Savior/Razed Ruins or Ducal Guard/Savior/Future Fabulous.

45-60min fight; you need to cap out Apademak's level before actually trying to fight it. Otherwise he will continue using fulmination, and continue turning around to use lithic breath which really screws your pet. Once you pop it, you need to zombie him and force him to level up until he stops leveling up from killing you. When this is done, you engage him with a Falcorr from behind. If you don't do this right he'll turn around and fulmination. Done correctly, he will no longer turn to use Fulmination. He will also no longer turn to use Lithic Breath. At this point he'll only cast Thunder magic and use Plague Swipe. At which point you just pet tank, feeling free to pop in and out for a few hits to work up a Ruinator or whatever.
By nyheen 2013-01-22 09:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Safiyyah said: »
In general, anything you can do on BST, you can do on PUP with Valoredge. The auto's main weakness is its low HP. Fights where the enemy has a huge "killshot", like Orthrus, are best left to BST. The other downside of the auto is that it lacks jug pets' specific elemental strengths against NMs, like Dapper Mac owning Sedna, for instance. Fights where there's an en-spell to worry about (Bennu comes to mind) are much tougher for Valoredge.

i know it late but it possible to solo them NM on pup also. it just the ones you named would be best for the mage pet to handle it while the master tanks it the mob. bennu, valoredge does not work well on him. but whm pet while pup/nin tanking will do best.

orthrus, i didn try this guy yet. but iam sure it possible it can be solo with mage pet. but valoredge tanking? i would have to test that one out and see.
 Sylph.Azarus
Server: Sylph
user: Azarus
By Sylph.Azarus 2013-01-22 09:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sarameya?

Would still be interested in knowing how a solo BST could kill Sarameya with her regen in effect.

As a solo bst, you're not so likely to take down Sarameya by just watching your pet beat on it. You need to position your pet at maximum melee distance and position yourself on the opposite side so that you're out of range of AoE Fire Magic and can melee along. If you're /DNC you'll be using your TP for curing when you should be using it on Ruinator at every chance you get. So you should /whm or /sch so that paralyna is available to you; if you have a 4 or 5/tic refresh setup then /whm is probably better since you can haste and barfira on top of a native MDB trait(not to say that 2 or 3 is no good). Otherwise /sch will still allow you to mitigate the time you spend out of range because of better mp management. Having a MDT set is implied as it will allow you to eat GoH and such and allow you to melee longer. Also, don't be afraid to use Run Wild(very underrated boost to DPS) when he is within the 25-40% range. The worst that can happen is you dont kill it in 5min and you recall a pet, snarl, and regroup to try again.
[+]
By Aeyela 2013-01-22 13:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried using Gooey and went to 70% and did not have to use dawn mulsum ,
My reward timer had no problem at all keeping up.
Infact it was so easy i switched to falcor because gooey was poor dps and i was not getting him lower then 65%,
Unfortunetly it was the same deal even with falcor during flight i just could not dps fast enough to drop him using pet only and his bio sucks ***.
This made it hard for me to get near him but i think with meds i probably could do it.
Anyway this was only to test him to see how i faired vs his dmg.

Indeed. He's simple enough when he's on the ground but the moment he becomes airborne he becomes a total arsehole. I've got him as low as 55% but can't get much further than that.

Bismarck.Astelion said: »
What atmas for the 2 SMNs did you use for apademak? DG RR GH? Also would dismissing the target pet cause it to level up? Also what do you do when it uses Thunder on himself to level up?

Ducal Guard, Razed Ruins, Mounted Champion. Sometimes I swap out Razed Ruins for Ultimate if I'm going for merit blood pact kills, but I ditched Geocrush awhile ago. Azarus's idea to let him level up sounds genius! Going to give this a try sometime!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 28 29 30