users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST solos
BST solos
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 28 29 30

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Ericnuke 2012-03-12 01:06:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive been bst since Toau and tbh dont think they are element based, but are mob based. Like family to family, i always have to look that up. Dipper is strong to wind spells and i usually use gooey if it uses any other magic. I might be wrong, everything else in game is revolves around eles. As far as atmas in abyssea dc, rr, and savior(mc or vic if no savior) i soloed isgebind a good many times using dc,rr,savior.
 Leviathan.Prototyp
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-03-12 02:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure the slug doesn't have any serios resistance to ice, just MDB traits. jorm's nukes on him do 600+ frequently unless resists by other means, and not because direct elemental resistance

EDIT: Nvm, slug wasn't listed, read list too fast and thought gore was him.
By Xilk 2012-03-12 17:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Raphie is weak to earth, strong to lightning.
I've seen nothing at all that shows seighard actually strong to fire. it was hoped for but didn't turn out.

Falcorr resists fire
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2012-03-12 19:21:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Xilk said: »
Raphie is weak to earth, strong to lightning.
I've seen nothing at all that shows seighard actually strong to fire. it was hoped for but didn't turn out.

Falcorr resists fire
After tossing enough Falcorrs at Brulo, pretty sure he doesn't lol.
More than often saw 3k+ Infernos on em. 2k+ Fire IV.
Never had a resist on it.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2012-03-12 19:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually just last night while using Falcorr I noticed something.. He's almost unphased by water magic.. Flood was doing all of 200 or so damage, while Burst was doing normal damage (700-900 range?) was the same for tier 3 -agas and tier 4 elemental magic. I wasn't actually testing for anything, I just happened to notice it while doing pages in Gustav, so I don't have actual numbers.
 Bahamut.Sakurawr
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Sakurawr 2012-03-12 19:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said: »
Actually just last night while using Falcorr I noticed something.. He's almost unphased by water magic.. Flood was doing all of 200 or so damage, while Burst was doing normal damage (700-900 range?) was the same for tier 3 -agas and tier 4 elemental magic. I wasn't actually testing for anything, I just happened to notice it while doing pages in Gustav, so I don't have actual numbers.
Might be possible, would have to test on something higher level.
Think Ogopogo did a chunk on Falcorr, but I usually used Gooey during Souls so I might be remembering wrong. D:
By Xilk 2012-03-13 08:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm

guess the tiamatt and cerby flames on falcorr might have just been levels and resistance.

when pets have significantly higher level they resist alot more than players.
 Lakshmi.Natan
Server: Lakshmi
user: Kleitun
By Lakshmi.Natan 2012-03-16 20:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Phatstackodax said: »
Didn't see it in here, but the ksnm "The Horns of War" is easy @ 99 with 1 hippo and 3 zeta biscuits. ~ 12 minutes solo. 0/4 on tongue; ;

do you melee with your pet when you do this? or just let it go?
 Lakshmi.Iambatman
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Iambatman 2012-03-16 20:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

just throw pet on it and stand @ 46+
 Leviathan.Prototyp
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-03-16 20:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Was using Falcorr to duo Sarameya (1 BST 1 RDM for dispel)
I don't think Falcorr has direct resistance to fire and is just level resistances, was seeing consistant painful-ish nukes, though GoH barrage wasn't as painful as Chainspell.
 Ragnarok.Returner
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-03-18 01:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious since I would really hate to bother my friends to help kill animated weapon when they can farm currency in dreamland. Is it possible to solo animated weapons for fragment? If so, what would be the best pet for this.

Thank you.
 Shiva.Serenus
Server: Shiva
user: serenus
By Shiva.Serenus 2012-03-18 01:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

U can solo any of those animated weapons. I used Hippo ^^ with one Zeta ! back heel can make over 1k damage btw..
 Ragnarok.Returner
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-03-18 11:22:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That's awesome, thank you.
 Bismarck.Artanticos
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Artanticos 2012-03-19 11:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried my hand at soloing Isgebind this weekend. 40 minutes and 26 Zeta's but Gooey came out on top. Using DG/RR/Visc and backtanking. However I am not certain that doing it that way is going to be the best use of time farming 75 Hearts.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-03-19 12:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Serenus said: »
U can solo any of those animated weapons. I used Hippo ^^ with one Zeta ! back heel can make over 1k damage btw..

I wonder how well you could solo Animated scythe... I would think he would rape face.
 Valefor.Ivaan
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2012-03-19 12:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

QUESTION:

Since bst can solo the horns of war bcnm, do you think they can solo the early bird catches the wyrm bcnm?
 Shiva.Behemuthxero
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Behemuthxero 2012-03-19 12:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Ivaan said: »
QUESTION:

Since bst can solo the horns of war bcnm, do you think they can solo the early bird catches the wyrm bcnm?

I wouldn't think so because of the flight phase.
 Valefor.Ivaan
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2012-03-19 12:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Behemuthxero said: »
QUESTION:

yeah thats my main concern lol >< ty for input
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-03-19 12:31:20
Link | Quote | Reply

thats the only reason i cant solo on drk =/ stupid flying phase.

Why make the ksnm harder than the actual dragons!?!?!?
By Latifah 2012-03-19 12:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

QUESTION:

i soloed that bc twice on bst with dipper
just make sure you bring plenty of food when flying phase, it's like soloing tiamat but a very weaker version
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-03-19 13:18:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Latifah said: »
QUESTION:

just make sure you bring plenty of food when flying phase, it's like soloing tiamat but a very weaker version

Was going to ask if dipper could hit flying wyrms. Is it just dipper or any bst pet?
 Fenrir.Divinian
Server: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2012-03-19 13:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
QUESTION:

Was going to ask if dipper could hit flying wyrms. Is it just dipper or any bst pet?

From what I heard dipper cannot hit flying wyrms, so I have been waiting to see if anyone could tell me how this works, lol.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-03-19 13:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Divinian said: »
Leviathan.Phenomena said: »
QUESTION:

From what I heard dipper cannot hit flying wyrms, so I have been waiting to see if anyone could tell me how this works, lol.

Hes a wizard....
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-03-19 13:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering myself but don't care to interact with it.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-03-19 13:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
I was wondering myself but don't care to interact with it.

oh u care draylo... u care
 Odin.Phunkism
Server: Odin
user: phunky
By Odin.Phunkism 2012-03-22 00:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Finished farming currency for my Guttler recently so I've been meaning to try out taking on some of the NM's in Dynamis. Decided to take on Lost Fairy Ring. I threw my moepapa stone in the mailbox in case she decided to drop another for me. Used Discreet Louise for her dark resist. Melee'ed with pet for most of the fight. She took the breath attacks like a champ. Only doing about about 374 dmg most of the time. Frogkick was still doing about 600-900 but nothing reward couldn't heal. Halfway through the fight I switched over to my TP'ing set and my str astolfo/kraken to see if there were any difference. Lost fairy ring mostly just spams breath attacks so Louise's dark resist was doing most of the work. I finished the rest of the fight in my TP'ing set. Ruinator was doing about 1100-2000. All in all used about a stack of thetas and 1 dawn mulsum. Fairly straight forward fight shouldn't be an issue for most bst regardless of gear.

I proc'ed lost fairy ring but only dropped 1 ordelle piece, tukuku whiteshell and a tomb. Didn't get a 2nd stone. I don't think the NM's follow the same proc system as the dreamland areas and are based on jobs like the city zones. Could be wrong someone might have to check on that.

I went after Lost Nant'ina next. This NM is definately solo'able. I think the barrier for this might be time. I used Fatso Fargann for the blunt resist (Assuming his attacks are blunt based). Blow doesn't do that much dmg, only about 200-300 dmg. Uppercut takes off a lot of hp but he follows a pattern of 4 blows and 3 uppercuts then aoe charms. You just run away after the 3rd uppercut, heal pet and repeat the cycle. Reward should be up by his next charm. The problem with the fight is blow stuns your pet so he isn't putting out much dmg so you'll have to melee with pet. He has a very high counter rate and was hitting me for 200-300 per counter. I eventually got him down to about 40% and got charmed when I got greedy on getting in damage. Might be my imagination but it seemed like his uppercuts were doing more damage as his HP got lower. I'll definately have to try him again.
 Quetzalcoatl.Midnightjade
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Midnightjade 2012-04-02 12:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Long time BST, but first post here. I guess you guys have done this many times, but I just got back recently. I soloed Iratham yesterday, using Falcorr with RR/DG/Vicissitude. He's kind of a pain in the neck but went down in the end. He's nastier than Kutharei, even counting Banneret Charge (I did Kutharei as well, on Saturday night).

I'd recommend /NIN with Iratham since he tends to toss around Comet during pet swap (he did it to me). And as the fight goes on he moves from -gaIII to -gaIV, so best to make sure pet HP stays under 50% or else a -gaIV can one-shot the pet.

Fight took about 15-20 minutes, 2 pets, 2 dawn mulsum, 6 pet food zeta.

Hope this helps.
 Fenrir.Oviraptor
Server: Fenrir
user: Conkers
By Fenrir.Oviraptor 2012-04-04 21:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

has anyone tried to solo fafnir yet? if so which pet?
i have full reward/pdt/af3 set so just wondering before i just try it out for giggles
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-04-04 21:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol... faf? He's been solo for a while by beast..
First Page 2 3 ... 19 20 21 ... 28 29 30