Can Anyone Confirm This?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Can anyone confirm this?
Can anyone confirm this?
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-01-20 23:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgive me if I sound like I'm being a fool, but I recently heard that SE is planning on releasing 3 new jobs, a new expansion for the level 99 cap and so on.

Now, hear me out. I don't believe this claim until I see it, but I'm trying to verify this claim at a place I can't even find it at...my friend says he's looking at the Square Enix Development Forums, but I can't even find those.

I don't care what the answer is, I just want to know if it's true or not.

edit: forgive me if this is in the wrong section too, I didn't know where else to ask something like this.
[+]
 Bahamut.Chuuuuu
Server: Bahamut
user: chuuuuu
By Bahamut.Chuuuuu 2011-01-20 23:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

no
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-20 23:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Chuuuuu said:
your friend is a moron
^
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-20 23:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Bahamut.Chuuuuu said:
your friend is a moron
^
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-20 23:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

They are also adding a new maats cap that requires you to have all those jobs at 99
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-01-20 23:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
They are also adding a new maats cap that requires you to have all those jobs at 99
lol I would actually not be surprised if they did that.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-20 23:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

it's not like it would be hard, now if they wanted to really troll it up add the item then delete abyssea and reset people to 75
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-01-20 23:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

it's not like it would be hard, now if they wanted to really troll it up add the item then delete abyssea and reset people to 75
lmfao
 Leviathan.Powerslave
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2011-01-20 23:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

That would be hilarious...the ultimate troll from SE lol. People would mad raaaaage.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-20 23:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

No if they wanted to really mess with you they'd reverse all the lvls on the gear and you'd have to be that lvl or lower to wear it. Ie lvl 1 gear is now lvl 90 or below. Lvl 90 gear is now lvl 1 onry...
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-20 23:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes they are adding Geomancer, Time Mage and Onion Knight. New expansion to the far east.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-20 23:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Powerslave said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:

That would be hilarious...the ultimate troll from SE lol. People would mad raaaaage.

I'd be fine, I haven't touched Abyssea much, I'd just request a refund from the expansions and be content :D
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-20 23:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I'd be fine, I haven't touched Abyssea much, I'd just request a refund from the expansions and be content :D
And you know what they would say? They would say talk to one of our representatives. The representative would say no you bought it but you can leave a complaint... they will email you back that they can't answer that complaint via email and you have to talk to one of their representatives. That representative will.... you get the picture
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-01-20 23:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
And you know what they would say? They would say talk to one of our representatives. The representative would say no you bought it but you can leave a complaint... they will email you back that they can't answer that complaint via email and you have to talk to one of their representatives. That representative will.... you get the picture

yeah that's what they call small claims court sir, but I get your point lol
 Siren.Corellon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Corellon 2011-01-20 23:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you've played much Final Fantasy Tactics, there are a lot of job possibilities: Ravager, Green Mage, Pirate, Gadgeteer, Templar, Trickster, Juggler, Raptor, Sage, Spellblade, Viking, Lanista, Fusilier, Seer, Defender, Fencer, Alchemist, Tinker, Mystic, Orator, Knight, the ones Draylo listed and a couple others. Not that SE plans to add any jobs to FFXI since I heard rumor of a "Judge" class being added over a year ago.
 Leviathan.Powerslave
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2011-01-20 23:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the point of other jobs at this point lol. People are going to static in one long *** 30hr party like weirdos up to 30, then bread and butter abyssea. Can't see any jobs that would make the game more fun or offer anything worth writing home about.
 Caitsith.Jessie
Server: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2011-01-21 00:01:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Corellon said:
Well if you've played much Final Fantasy Tactics, there are a lot of job possibilities: Ravager, Green Mage, Pirate, Gadgeteer, Templar, Trickster, Juggler, Raptor, Sage, Spellblade, Viking, Lanista, Fusilier, Seer, Defender, Fencer, Alchemist, Tinker, Mystic, Orator, Knight, the ones Draylo listed and a couple others. Not that SE plans to add any jobs to FFXI since I heard rumor of a "Judge" class being added over a year ago.
lol I remember that. Someone on FFXIclopedia brought upon this enormous hype for April Fools a couple of years ago, showing some pretty nifty screenshots and even giving an overview of the job as a whole. The armor was .dat-swapped so it actually looked like a plausible new AF.

And while I'm still into the idea of Judge or Chocobo Knight or something along those lines, pretty much all of the Final Fantasy jobs are already covered within the game. Like really, how much more could a Gadgeteer do that a Corsair couldn't? And isn't Green Mage essentially a buffing mage? We already got White Mage and Red Mage for that. What would Time Mage do that would honestly bring new to the table? Haste, Slow, Slow II, Stun, Bind-- we already got all those.
[+]