Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Vrtra
Vrtra
 Odin.Valdor
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2011-01-20 12:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Any tips on Vrtra for bst? I keep having an issue with my pet switching to Vrtra adds intstead of attacking vrtra. When i try to change back to Vrtra, i pull hate and ***hits the fan.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-01-20 12:34:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you trying to solo?
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-01-20 12:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm... guessing you're trying to solo Vrtra.

Not sure it can be done yet on BST, due to the way the pet turns its attention on other things attacking it.
 Odin.Trelan
user: trelan
By Odin.Trelan 2011-01-20 12:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a tough one. - enmity merits or gear? Are you attempting to solo? I wanna kill Vrtra! Which pet are you using?
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-20 14:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pets are subject to the same emity rules as Monsters, though players can voluntarily reset the enmity by using the pet commands to attack or heal.

Because of this, Vrtra solo on BST is likely impossible, you're best bet is to get someone to drag adds away. It's sort of the same issue with BSt Solo Fistule, though Fistule is much safer to melee and thus keep dumping enmity on the pet while Pustules/Fistule attack (And inevitably miss) Dipper Yuly.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Server: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-01-20 14:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Tried vrtra with a full alliance of BST and some SMN back at 80cap, got it to 75% then it just starts becoming a clusterfuck with vrtras summons and vrtra starts coming towards the BSTs when their pets go down, picks us off one by one.

I will eat my own head if a 90 BST manages to solo it.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-20 14:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kunimatsu said:
Tried vrtra with a full alliance of BST and some SMN back at 80cap, got it to 75% then it just starts becoming a clusterfuck with vrtras summons and vrtra starts coming towards the BSTs when their pets go down, picks us off one by one.

I will eat my own head if a 90 BST manages to solo it.

Dippy Evades everything thrown at it in the Old World, Vrtra is no exception, the only way to kill that lil bug is through swarm tactics (Make it so that the Floored accuracy can deal enough damage to overcome Dippy's innate Auto-regen) or Heavy Nukes. Vrtra can only Wing Yuly for damage, and the occasional hit for 5% of her HP.

I'm unsure if a single BST has the ability to overcome Vrtra's regeneration though, absolutely sure it does not with Adds running around getting the Pet's attention.