Stop Your Whining Quest (Hojo:Ichi)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Stop Your Whining quest (Hojo:Ichi)
Stop Your Whining quest (Hojo:Ichi)
 Gilgamesh.Sanctferum
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Sanctferum 2011-01-19 09:43:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I just spent a few hours looking for the "???" in Yhoator Jungle for Stop Your Whining. FFXIclopedia has a very useful map.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find the mythical "???" of legend anywhere, including the spots marked in the map. The only "???" I found was at Teardrop Spring, and that didn't do anything.

So, my question is, since the wiki appears to be wrong...

a) What should I do, besides getting a party together to comb the jungle?

b) What resets the location of the "???"?

Thank you in advance! I've been very frustrated by this quest.
 Cerberus.Nutt
Server: Cerberus
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2011-01-19 09:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I too was frustrated with a quest.. The RDM AF1 sword quest. I spent Hours in Davoi trying to find the "storage hole" (yes insert joke here)

Finally after some rest, I came back to Davoi and was able to find it. Wiki was right, but I was too frustrated, and too tired to really focus like I should.

So keep trying and STOP YOUR WHINING (jk)!!

Gilgamesh.Tweeek
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-19 10:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I found it pretty quick using that wiki map sorry you are having trouble Sanctferum, I would just keep your head up and keep trying you'll get it :)
 Gilgamesh.Sanctferum
By Gilgamesh.Sanctferum 2011-01-19 16:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Well...thanks for your replies, guys. No success so far. Any idea what causes the "???" spawn point to change?
By Shiroineko 2011-01-19 16:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Nada on the spawn point to change, other than someone else finding it first.

Trust me, I had a horrible time with this quest as well, even looking at all the points listed on the map. I was always wondering if someone else had gotten to it first (it was a pretty popular quest then)

Eventually I was just running by on a chocobo not even looking forward and I found it lol
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2011-01-19 17:43:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yah, I just got in the habit of clicking any and all ???'s whenever I'd see them while I would happen to be out there and one day I randomly got it.
 Gilgamesh.Sanctferum
By Gilgamesh.Sanctferum 2011-01-19 18:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope, I scouted the entire jungle, several times, and the only ???'s were the one at Teardrop spring and the one for one of the Ninja AF quests. Anyone have any idea why the ??? isn't showing up for me? Or how to change the spawn point?

If not, anyone in Gilgamesh willing to help me out?
 Cerberus.Nutt
Server: Cerberus
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2011-01-19 18:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I cannot help you because I'm on Cerb :( I do have a question for you:

Have you checked your key items and made sure that you had the Key Item Empty Barrel? Double check and make sure you have that item :)
 Gilgamesh.Sanctferum
By Gilgamesh.Sanctferum 2011-01-19 18:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I do indeed have the Empty barrel. I made sure to talk to the quest giver back in Norg (Wasshu or something) and it's in my key items...but the ??? doesn't show up anywhere.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-19 18:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm only really able to get on 3 nights a week now and am normally busy with LS runs on those nights otherwise I would offer to help you man sorry =\

If I get off work at a decent hour I might be able to help you real quick before our run tomorrow, what time are you normally on?
 Gilgamesh.Sanctferum
By Gilgamesh.Sanctferum 2011-01-19 18:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not gonna be on until next week, actually...certainly not tomorrow. Oh well...