Forum » FFXI » General » Most overused FFXI clichéd terminology
Most overused FFXI clichéd terminology
 Unicorn.Crysten
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Crysten
By Unicorn.Crysten 2011-01-18 04:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really a word persay, but I swear to God the next time I hear an Abyssea joke in a non-Abyssea event, I'm beating that guy with a sack of oranges.

"Stop getting Ruby kills," "I forgot cruor buffs!" and "yay TE chest!" during a Dynamis run lost it's funny after the first time, seriously.
[+]
By Hohenheim 2011-01-18 04:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Crysten said:
Not really a word persay, but I swear to God the next time I hear an Abyssea joke in a non-Abyssea event, I'm beating that guy with a sack of oranges.

"Stop getting Ruby kills," "I forgot cruor buffs!" and "yay TE chest!" during a Dynamis run lost it's funny after the first time, seriously.

What's a dynamis!?

It's only funny when you actually do think that and go ohwait...wait...wait..no we don't need blue !! outside Abyssea. Went to kill Seiryu today for seals for kirin and whands/skote for my lolrng, and my first though was damn, its 10:00 we have to wait until 22:00 for blue !!. On second thought, it's more of an annoyance than funny :< Instinctively running to dead mobs to check non-existant chests >< The sad truth of the matter is, more time IS spent in Abyssea doing stuff than out of Abyssea...the only thing I kill outside is ep mobs for magian trials.
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-01-18 10:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Every year, Lake Superior State University releases a list of over-used "pop culture" buzzwords that have become so overused and clichéd, that they need to be banished from the vernacular.

For the 2011 list, see here:
2011 Banished Words List

Please note, "epic", "fail", and "I'm just sayin'" made the list this year, so it's time to drop those from your vocabulary.

I'm interested to learn what you all think should make the Banished List for FFXI in 2011?

("In Be4" anyone posts "Elanabelle should be on the Banished List" ... haha, you're not funny)

Here's my votes for the FFXI Banished Terms List for 2011:

1. Grellow
2. Brewer
3. Easy Mode
4. Proc
5. VV, RR, and MM

Your submissions?

No submissions. Just wondering why you're again picking apart a seemingly unimportant, commonplace practice. Everywhere in life, people make up words and abbreviate long words/phrases just to make life easier. Video games/internet are no different. Just because someone practices such a thing doesn't mean it carries over to other more civilized or important events/activities.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2011-01-18 10:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow said:
How about getting rid of "alot". It's two words people. Do you say "alittle"?

Do they say that? Yes, of course. When people talk, they usually talk a bit faster, so saying "a lot of" may sound like "alotta," thus people typing it that way. It may be wrong, but at least I can understand why they'd type it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Elaenia
Server: Phoenix
user: izzlet
By Phoenix.Elaenia 2011-01-18 14:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Some more words to add to the list should be, TH, HNM, tank (especially "blink tank", ugh), atma, and parse. Ban all of them.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-01-18 14:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

lets just add all the terms we use on a daily basis to the ban list, which in turn will force us to speak proper and spell out everything.

No more lol<insert>, no more trolololololololol, no more "uMad", lets all become the FCC and tell ourselves to stfu ya n00b.
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-01-18 14:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone just needs a Catholic nun armed with a ruler following them around. A good smack with that upside the head and you'll speak clearly and concisely every time.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-01-18 14:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Really dont get why VV, MM, RR shouldnt be used.

Thats like saying we shouldnt say MNK, RDM, etc anymore, lol.
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2011-01-18 15:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently abbreviations are a sign of weakness. We can't have weakness in the New World Order.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-01-18 15:03:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I only have one submission.

Bismarck.Elanabelle
 Asura.Authority
Server: Asura
user: Authority
By Asura.Authority 2011-01-18 15:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

WTF is grellow? That has never, ever even once been said on my server. And I know this for a fact as I have all the logs! But seriously, never heard it. Brewer is common because everyone brews everything.
[+]