Forum » FFXI » General » AF3 Feet Solo
AF3 Feet Solo
 Unicorn.Divinian
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-01-16 12:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been wanting af3 feet for my various jobs and was wondering if anyone has had any success soloing golden chests in abyssea. I don't even know how possible it is, honestly, but the idea just popped into my mind and I figured I would see if anyone else has done it.

I have RDM, THF, BLM,and WAR. I figured RDM would be the best job with which to try this out.

Thanks for any input you all can give.
 Odin.Lowblow
Server: Odin
user: sKe7ch
By Odin.Lowblow 2011-01-16 12:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Its very easy.
From your job list thf would probably be the best.
With the proper atma's you can kill mobs very fast and have access to a nice Elemental WS.

With rr, and some eva atmas, you can go /dnc for safety and kill non stop.

If your not concerned with time, just cap azure then work on amber while you hunt. If time is an issue , you will need to cap azure and most likely go on RDM, just slower kills is all.
 Unicorn.Divinian
Server: Unicorn
user: Divinian
By Unicorn.Divinian 2011-01-16 13:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Lowblow said:
Its very easy.
From your job list thf would probably be the best.
With the proper atma's you can kill mobs very fast and have access to a nice Elemental WS.

With rr, and some eva atmas, you can go /dnc for safety and kill non stop.

If your not concerned with time, just cap azure then work on amber while you hunt. If time is an issue , you will need to cap azure and most likely go on RDM, just slower kills is all.

Thanks for the info, man. I have RR atma, but no evasion atmas yet. However, I havent seemed to have too much trouble evading things in abyssea with my evasion gear as of yet. I have 190 stones at the moment, so time is not a huge concern. Are there any mobs/camps you could suggest. The three feet I want most are all in attohwa.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2011-01-16 14:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Unicorn.Divinian said:
I have been wanting af3 feet for my various jobs and was wondering if anyone has had any success soloing golden chests in abyssea. I don't even know how possible it is, honestly, but the idea just popped into my mind and I figured I would see if anyone else has done it.

I have RDM, THF, BLM,and WAR. I figured RDM would be the best job with which to try this out.

Thanks for any input you all can give.
Your blm could tear up attowah worms as well for af depending on your atmas how fast it'd go, and murex spawn x2 nearby if you want to nuke/sleep get them to 1% and go for amber killshots as needed. I got lucky and got thf af within about 40 mins with this, but a thf soloing efts there would have no problems as well just watch for links

Got THF on last Cockatrice I was building Azure light on with a BLM friend, took about 15 minutes of them and no Amber. I was lucky though, I've previously spent 8 hours with capped lights, getting zero THF.
 Phoenix.Matthieu
Server: Phoenix
user: Matthieu
By Phoenix.Matthieu 2011-01-16 14:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fortunately all the jobs you listed are in attowha my own recommendation may not be considered solo.
Join and abyssea party get your pearl capped and even gain positive time, then leave the party and go solo your amber. This way you will get to those gold chests faster and remain 120+ mins. As THF i'd recommend either worms or efts, even without evasion atmas. Efts you have to worry about links, worms you just need to be careful in your selection so you dont get adds.
Going back to evasion for these mobs if you are close to capping and have semi-decent evasion gear you should be fine. SH, optical, eva torque, boxers, eva earring, ethereal is really all I use and I solo just fine w/o eva atma.
*edit: Having the abyssite that improves Pearl or Amber also helps.
 Cerberus.Nutt
Server: Cerberus
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2011-01-16 14:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone been able to solo AF3 gear/seals on BLM?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2011-01-16 14:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I did Granite Borer with myself on Blu and a Thf.. and that was easy.. we were actually farming pops for him.. when it happened..

and thats when I got thf ft.